Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

LORD OF BUTT posted:

even discounting the shittiness of casting a cis dude to play a trans woman.

I haven't seen the movie and won't defend it, but are you really suggesting that you can only cast a trans woman to play a trans woman? Because I don't know of any Hollywood-caliber trans women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Laverne Cox? Jamie Clayton? Mya Taylor? Kiki Rodriguez? Those are just the first four coming to mind who have been in things and received acclaim lately, I highly doubt they're the only trans actresses in existence.

e: actually, Jamie Clayton would have been a pretty good choice to play Lili Elbe.

As much as I like Laverne Cox on Orange is the New Black, she hasn't shown the chops to go beyond a supporting character in a major motion picture. Jamie Clayton is 38 years old. I've never heard of the latter two.

twerking on the railroad fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jan 16, 2016

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

cat doter posted:

I was reading them last year and there's poo poo like "I met this actor at a party last year, he was nice, I'm voting for him, I haven't seen any of the movies" and other utterly flabbergasting bullshit

It really is kind of surprising that Leo hasn't gotten an Oscar yet

• Locked thread