Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

You probably could have cut Brooklyn, Bridge of Spies, and Spotlight/The Martian out of the best picture nominees. Otherwise, it's a big bowl of shrug. It was a weird year for movies that Steve Jobs is actually getting nominations and wins for a bad movie. Just don't let Eddie Redmayne or Jennifer Lawrence win again and I think everything is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Legit upset that Michael Jordan was largely snubbed from all the awards for Creed when he is the heart and soul of that film but everyone is falling over backwards to nominate a dinosaur who gives a passable performance.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I saw all the best pic noms but Brooklyn and here is my list

Spotlight > Big Short > Room > Mad Max > Martian > Revenant > Bridge of Spies

Literally the only good thing about Bridge of Spies was Rylance. I wish Ruffalo had a chance to win because he was great in spotlight, but dumb Sly is gonna win.

I'm gonna go with Leo / Brie / Vikander / Sly and I think Spotlight wins Best Pic in a shocker, despite Inarritu maybe winning best director.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

As a Sean Penn hater, he was really great in Milk and probably deserved it. His offense over Bill Murray will never stand though.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Ted 2 finally getting represented

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Compton should have been nominated for Best Picture

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

A real movie Tracy Jordan would have made

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Good job sticking to the gimmick because after the screenplay you need a supporting actress

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

If they showed sport scores on the thank you ticker the Oscars might get higher ratings

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Legit shocked Mad Max beat out a ton of period pieces for best costumes

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

straight up brolic posted:

lol 'shoulda been nominee'

It true

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Guys.

The Minions are coming.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Can something else win now

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

That montage told me that Matt Damon's beard was CGI in the Martian???

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Finally a presenter more coherent than Sam Smith, the minions

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

What is Kate Winslet wearing

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Really wish Mark Ruffalo was winnning this award

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Hahaha eat poo poo Stallone

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Rylance was the only good part of Bridge of Spies

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Real talk Stallone was probably the weakest one in that group and he was the front runner because of the career Oscar

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Burnt out rock stars always win

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

What???

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Love Brie, loved Room. That was a real casual speech though for such a big award.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

When people finally win for a history of work the film they win for isn't that good. Leo was fine in Revenant but not Oscar worthy. So it goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Knew Spotlight would win and glad it did. It was the best film I saw of those nominated.

• Locked thread