Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

1947-2016

God. loving. drat. It. We lose Jareth and Hans Gruber in a span of less than a week?
:sigh:

Ok. For most people, their first exposure to Alan Rickman was either Die Hard

or at this point the Harry Potter franchise.

Not me. For me, it's Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.

Then Die Hard.

And while I was aware he did films like Sense and Sensibility, they weren't really my cup of tea. Then came Dogma.

Few years back, I got the special edition DVD, which had this neat little booklet of reflections by Kevin Smith, who stated that the voice of God would have to be Hans loving Gruber because who the hell else could it be? Who else indeed? If a heaven does exist, I'm just gonna assume that the only reason he was taken was because he was needed to take over the position.

I know there are other roles that stand out for people like Galaxy Quest, but those are the ones I reflect on most now. I'll leave it to others to continue on, because I just don't have the words for an acting legend like him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

This is turning in to a depressive week.

Surprisingly even if I had seen Die Hard and Robin Hood, the role in which I acknowledged his existence was Dogma. My excuse is that I was quite young, and grown up movies weren't that interesting back when I was a child.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It's such sad news. He was such a joy to watch in everything I've seen him in.

By Grabthar's Hammer you shall be missed!

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
"By Grabthar's Hammer....what a savings" might be one of my favorite bits of comedy acting I've ever seen. Rickman's facial expression during it is just incredible.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
One might be tempted to watch CBGB on Netflix because "how bad can it be?"

Yeah, don't do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Polaron posted:

"By Grabthar's Hammer....what a savings" might be one of my favorite bits of comedy acting I've ever seen. Rickman's facial expression during it is just incredible.

I work retail and I already use this quote way too much...now I get to do it in memoriam :smith:

• Locked thread