Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I was ready to call time of death on TAZG partway through this episode, then Fitzroy suddenly turned into a potted plant and now I'm back on board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
We have to keep Duran Duran out of office.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

misadventurous posted:

*cough* I think dogs should be able to vote

For the record, this is also what I was going for.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Gravy Boat 2k

C-Euro posted:

I was ready to call time of death on TAZG partway through this episode, then Fitzroy suddenly turned into a potted plant and now I'm back on board.

So good

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

C-Euro posted:

Wild Magic rolls saving the day?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

What the hell is this new episode

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

change my name posted:

I don't know but I'm about 15 minutes in and I don't think I've laughed once. It could be because I'm not fully focused up but I think that's also an indictment of this episode so far

Stumiester
Dec 3, 2004

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

change my name posted:

Its the war with grandpa

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

change my name posted:

lol I read this post after listening to the first part of the War With Grandpa intro and thought, "Sure this intro is a little weird, but is the OP just overreacting to the intro, or does the episode get weird?"

I've listened to the rest of the episode.

What the hell is this new episode?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

To clarify, I enjoyed this ep

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Are you ready to go to war?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

change my name posted:

To clarify, I enjoyed this ep

I think I did too?...I think?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Eat a dick unicycle boy!

I like the concept and I hope the boys continue experimenting

We were all complaining that they all sound tiredand worn out before

And this sounded like the boys were more energised but with a bad concept. I'm okay with taking mbmbam being taken to strange new places

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

lol this thread wanted fewer questions and more riffing

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Ariong posted:

Are you ready to go to war?

With grandpa?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
what the hell

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol justin's posting about how many people are emailing complaints

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1308232280910041088

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
"A watch but a whole episode" sounds like my personal hell

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Yeah, it was a good one.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it was good and justin is right to mock the fools

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The fact that it was a whole episode watch was definitely critical to the joke, and Griffin gradually realizing that they weren't going to have a real episode was really great.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I enjoyed it but I always enjoy MBMBaM turning into a weird fever dream. It works because it's relatively rare.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

its like that episode of the Giant Bombcast early on in the sites life where they did an episode, realized it didn't record properly, drank a bunch of beer and then recorded a second, truncated episode that was mostly off the rails

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Alaois posted:

its like that episode of the Giant Bombcast early on in the sites life where they did an episode, realized it didn't record properly, drank a bunch of beer and then recorded a second, truncated episode that was mostly off the rails

Okay now I'm excited to listen to it every "we had to re-record this" episode of the Bomb/Beastcast has the most powerful energy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Okay now I'm excited to listen to it every "we had to re-record this" episode of the Bomb/Beastcast has the most powerful energy

to be clear i haven't listened to the newest episode of mbmbam, its just what the descriptions in this thread made me think of

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

eke out posted:

lol justin's posting about how many people are emailing complaints

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1308232280910041088

You could say that he’s having a War with “War with Grandpa Watch” Watch.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://twitter.com/JesseThorn/status/1308243549389877248?s=19

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
As long as they don't do Munch Squad I'm happy

scopes
Jun 5, 2004
This was a wild one to have on in the truck with a co-worker who is absolutely not a regular listener.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

timp posted:

I don't know but I'm about 15 minutes in and I don't think I've laughed once. It could be because I'm not fully focused up but I think that's also an indictment of this episode so far

I just wanted to follow up here, after listening to the whole thing.

So, I didn't find this one particularly funny. BUT! I agree with all the goons applauding them for doing something different, and I'll definitely be back next week. I mean c'mon, it's a free show and I usually like it a lot. It's okay if there's a week or two that I don't like!

I assumed this episode was sponsored all the way up until they said NOT to go see the movie because it's only in theaters right now. And back when I thought it might be sponsored I was a lot less thrilled about the whole endeavor. I know they dunked on it a lot, but I guess I was imagining this agreement where their publicist was like "we have this opportunity for you to do a sponsored episode for The War With Grandpa" and they were like "Only if we're allowed to say whatever the gently caress we want" and the studio decided to take that risk and said okay.

But yeah...even with an agreement like that in place, I don't think "literally don't go see this movie" would fly

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Tears In A Vial posted:

lol this thread wanted fewer questions and more riffing

Hey, I was one of these people, and I will say after this episode: my opinion is unchanged. This episode ruled.

e: I think the Totino's Variety Hour really destroyed some people's concept of what sponsored content is.

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Sep 22, 2020

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I feel like I see a lot of comments in the thread about sponsored episodes, most of them are probably tongue in cheek. But other that the Totinos and... Casper? episodes they haven't actually done one, right? Extreme Restraints back in the day? I think they would make a sponsorship explicit but maybe that's naivete on my part.

e: like I don't know, wouldn't it make it into the liner notes?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
You have to disclose all sponsorships or you're breaking the law.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Advertising disclosures are required by law. If they didn't disclose that this was a paid endorsement they are either in violation of the law or goofy boys making fun of a dumb movie.

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2019/11/ftc-releases-advertising-disclosures-guidance-online-influencers

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Remember when they ripped on how lovely Crimes of Skimbleskanks was and how bad Johnny Depp is as a person and people were convinced that they ere being paid by WB to do deep marketing

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the brothers are secret millionaires and every joke about a fast food chain is actually a sponsorship

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

eke out posted:

the brothers are secret millionaires and every joke about a fast food chain is actually a sponsorship

literally people ITT believe the latter

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

poor life choice posted:

Extreme Restraints back in the day?
I wish they'd done an Extreme Restraints sponsored one, those were the fuckin funniest Money Zones. But I don't think there was a whole episode devoted to it like the Casper and Totinos ones

Also while Totinos taste terrible I will always love them for the gift of Second Life, Second Chances

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
There being no such thing as bad press means that everything is an ad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

more falafel please posted:

literally people ITT believe the latter

I just want don't want to hear about #Brands ever

https://twitter.com/MountainDew/status/1305888449266933761?s=20

And it totally is advertising even if it's not sponsored

ImPureAwesome fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Sep 22, 2020