Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
Yeah, as a white dude in his 30s, Still Buffering doesn't appeal to me at all. There was a recent segment on This American Life with teenage girls describing their Instagram habits. It was insufferable. Given their lineup, I have to believe I represent a majority of MaxFun's demographic, it'll be interesting to see how it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Wake_N_Bake posted:

Yeah, as a white dude in his 30s, Still Buffering doesn't appeal to me at all. There was a recent segment on This American Life with teenage girls describing their Instagram habits. It was insufferable. Given their lineup, I have to believe I represent a majority of MaxFun's demographic, it'll be interesting to see how it does.
Maybe, they are trying to get a new demographic.

Rose Buddies is treating me pretty right for someone who doesn't watch the Bachelor. I did watch Burning Love so I guess I have enough of the genre's grammar from that. It doesn't hurt that Griffin seems to be the McElroy who doesn't dial it down around his wife.

New Adventure Zone just dropped, also.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"I prostate myself before you"

"NO!"

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
The Knitpicker is basically everything I could hope for.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
One-breath-rant Griffin is the best, but God bless truly exasperated Justin.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

that TAZ ep was so, so, SO good, from Justin's meltdown to the bonus round to noelle to lucas' chambers to the knitpicker

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Someone in the facebook confirmed that teengoogle.com now goes to Still Buffering.

Mikedawson fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jan 28, 2016

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Oh, I was wondering why their download numbers had gone up 2500%.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Mr Tastee posted:

Someone in the facebook confirmed that teengoogle.com now goes to Still Buffering.

This sentence is baffling to me since you're posting it from an internet-enabled device

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Something tells me Griffin's played Undertale

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Al! posted:

Something tells me Griffin's played Undertale

Griffin is a big, big Undertale fan.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
https://twitter.com/homoingrained/status/692909595174526976

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

"Make some spaghetti and push him in the spaghetti!"

poor Angus :smith:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I have basically no interest in Shmanners but god drat that theme song sounds bangin

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

So Griffin is also flexing his podcast biceps further

quote:

Here's something I'm very excited to announce: a weekly comedy podcast right here on Polygon from [Nick Robinson] and Griffin McElroy! It's called CoolGames Inc, it's very dumb, and we hope you subscribe on iTunes.

Here's the pitch: each Friday, Griffin and I take your one-line ideas for video games turn one of them into a full-blown, idiotic design doc, all before bringing on a special guest to evaluate our work. It's stupid, but it's a lot of fun, and we think you'll enjoy it.

In our first episode, we explore the harrowing world of Grandma Wants It Al Dente, the world's first SmartGlass-enabled pasta roguelike.

Episode downloading to phone as I type this.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'm waiting with bated breath to find out how they get an hour of content out of a gramma pasta game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/693133591740436482

WHOA!

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

I hope it's Shrek

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Somebody stop [him]!

genericuser
Mar 1, 2007

[insert clever comment here]
The Pan prayer scene was very funny:

'You have it on speaker phone.'

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I can't help but wonder if the recent flood of new podcasts is the McElroys realizing that Maximum Fun needs them a lot more than they need Max Fun and prematurely getting ready to launch their own network.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

gently caress I can't listen to all this new poo poo when I'm still going through old episodes of MBMBAM for the second time

That Polygon podcast sounds rad.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Sleeveless posted:

I can't help but wonder if the recent flood of new podcasts is the McElroys realizing that Maximum Fun needs them a lot more than they need Max Fun and prematurely getting ready to launch their own network.

With Polygon imploding, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd go into business for themselves at some point.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

I know that Polygon hasn't become the big gaming journalism site they probably envisioned but is there more stuff going on behind the scenes that gives cause to the word "imploding"?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Didn't they lay some people off recently? I know Danielle Riendeau left.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
They laid off a bunch of writers and pivoted into the same kind of generic "geek culture" site that like half of the internet is full of, but I have no idea how successful they actually are. I thought they were getting plenty of traffic after they made the change but I don't know what that means in terms of profitability since they're still an ad-based site.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
The site would be a lot better if Justin and Griffin did reviews more often.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Bushmeister posted:

So Griffin is also flexing his podcast biceps further

Episode downloading to phone as I type this.
Although it's Griffin doing all the heavy lifting confirming this new podcast is worthwhile.

You should listen to Nintendo's Game Boys(TM): You need to listen to Nintendo's Game Boyz(TM)

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Griffin getting mad at his boss for his bad review of their fake game was fantastic.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbKrlJgwI4A

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

move Justin and Griffin to Giant Bomb, and then all the gaming content I've ever wanted will be in the same place

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I appreciate the fact that polygon lets griffin do whatever the gently caress he wants

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
So griffin finally made Big Gulp.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
New Monster Factory is up! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbKrlJgwI4A

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Hell yes Dragon's Dogma

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

We know.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also

No need to harsh his vibe, man. I'll take 100 repeated links over one more goddamned SW post.

inferis posted:

I appreciate the fact that polygon lets griffin do whatever the gently caress he wants

This is the best. Is it wrong to have a man crush on Griffin? I've never played DnD and know nothing about it, but drat if I wouldn't smoke a bowl with him and be a try hard.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Dragon's Dogma is a good game, I'm glad the McElroy's can appreciate it.

https://fat.gfycat.com/ConsiderateDistantAnteater.webm

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/693243600872869889

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Catching up to the Adventure Zone and holy poo poo that moment at the start Petals to the Metal where Merle flirts with the vines. :laffo: