Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Welp, they sold out Philly except for (maybe) wheelchair seats. Quite bummed personally, but that's absolutely nuts for them. Seriously, it's a huge hall in a major market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Ticketmaster is bad at their job. Their "best seat" feature just gives you a "another fan has grabbed this ticket, sorry!" message. Gotta scroll midway down to even have a chance at getting any.

Going to the Chicago show. I was pretty close to the lady with seven parrots the last time around, that was a hoot. Got me a good question to ask, who knows?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Yeah well Ive got tickets to their show in Canada and its exclusive for me and its gonna be great and we're gonna get burgers after just you wait

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

VaultAggie posted:

I’ll be damned if I can understand what’s happening in this current mystery in TAZ. I’m bummed last weeks cliffhanger ended up getting glossed over, and it seems like Griffin is being very tight lipped about leads or information.

I feel kinda bad for Travis that the lead he thought to follow ended up basically being a wall. I think he had a really bad time this episode, you can hear it in his voice.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Got Nashville tickets. It was a lot of fun clicking front row and having the website crash at payment, then having to pick third row and having the website crash on payment, and so on. I still got decent seats; gonna be a good one.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

SpacePig posted:

I feel kinda bad for Travis that the lead he thought to follow ended up basically being a wall. I think he had a really bad time this episode, you can hear it in his voice.

I mean, it's not great storytelling to have an NPC solve the mystery for you. Griffin has been pretty consistent about Aubrey's magic being anomalous from whatever traditional magic exists. He could have thrown in some kind of connecting information, but maybe it just doesn't make sense for Aubrey's mentor to know that.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Got a pretty good seat for the Cleveland show. Thought about Cincinnati, but the Ticketmaster site sucks, and two nights of MBMBAM in a row seemed a bit much. Weird they're not doing a TAZ for the second Ohio show.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

I'll be at the Cleveland show too. Looking forward to complaining bitterly about the "WOOO!"s in the thread next month.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

The Modern Leper posted:

Welp, they sold out Philly except for (maybe) wheelchair seats. Quite bummed personally, but that's absolutely nuts for them. Seriously, it's a huge hall in a major market.

Yo. I bought 2 tickets right before my wife got her work schedule and found out she cant go. Disappointed because they ended up being like 60 bucks per ticket. I'd rather go with some other fan rather than explain a random podcast to friends or coworkers. PM me if you're interested in going!

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

sharkbomb posted:

Yo. I bought 2 tickets right before my wife got her work schedule and found out she cant go. Disappointed because they ended up being like 60 bucks per ticket. I'd rather go with some other fan rather than explain a random podcast to friends or coworkers. PM me if you're interested in going!

Ha, thanks. Was thinking of it as a gift and a way for me to get a friend into the show, but we’ll probably just figure something else out.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

VaultAggie posted:

I’ll be damned if I can understand what’s happening in this current mystery in TAZ. I’m bummed last weeks cliffhanger ended up getting glossed over, and it seems like Griffin is being very tight lipped about leads or information.

I sincerely think Duck is 100% correct about it being aliens.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

showbiz_liz posted:

I sincerely think Duck is 100% correct about it being aliens.

I’m assuming it’s a third race, mirroring what happened with Minerva

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Did anyone post this tweet yet

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1116481855778361344?s=19

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

he's just jealous he won't get to be in supernatural like travis

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Somberbrero posted:

I mean, it's not great storytelling to have an NPC solve the mystery for you. Griffin has been pretty consistent about Aubrey's magic being anomalous from whatever traditional magic exists. He could have thrown in some kind of connecting information, but maybe it just doesn't make sense for Aubrey's mentor to know that.

I'm not necessarily saying it was a bad thing. Just that I felt bad for Travis because not every path leads to a good destination, and he chose a bad one this time. He was just sort of playing angry the whole episode, and that didn't help him at all.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Had weirdly an easy time getting tickets for Cincy show in what seems to be a good row (aka has leg room). Maybe since I had the site open a little bit beforehand, who knows :shrug:

Should be fun though and this time my bro should make it.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

One day the boys will come down to Australia :(. Sawbones was supposed to come last year but pulled out :(.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

iajanus posted:

One day the boys will come down to Australia :(. Sawbones was supposed to come last year but pulled out :(.

Have they done an ep on the effectiveness of pulling out?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
"And prefer dubbed anime" is the second line to your parody, justin

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Riptor posted:

"And prefer dubbed anime" is the second line to your parody, justin

Prefer subbed anime, surely.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
TAZ: I’m beginning to think that this one isn’t going to end well for anyone bar the abomination and I’m now pretty sure they’re sylvianian exiles that mama didn’t get to and have thus gone orc.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Apr 14, 2019

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Entropic posted:

Prefer subbed anime, surely.

Whoops yep that's what I meant

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I love whenever one of the brothers (usually Travis) stops a bit dead in its tracks to deliver a joke that just flops.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

I love whenever one of the brothers (usually Travis) stops a bit dead in its tracks to deliver a joke that just flops.
I feel like Travis has the greatest joke variance. He has a lot of flops but also the occasional real killer.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
"That was my favorite line from Fifty Shades Of Grey," loving gets me every time.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
ruin my box with crawdads

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

"The best part about going to a tickle prostitute is that you get a happy beginning, middle, and end!"

"I think it's okay to be attracted to numbers as long as they're over 18."

Travis laid both those out in a single episode. He's great.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
lol the revelation on this week's episode that the loving Geico Caveman TV show got more episodes than the good boys' show.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
I also really enjoyed "I patronus my local theater, but showed up a few months early". Sleep-deprived Dad Justin is one of my favorite characters, right after Nastyman

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't have a swimming pool to put Koi in, so I hope they are nasty enough to like swimming in this Coca-Cola Freestyle machine

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I don't have a swimming pool to put Koi in, so I hope they are nasty enough to like swimming in this Coca-Cola Freestyle machine

THE CONSEQUENCES!!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

SpacePig posted:

I also really enjoyed "I patronus my local theater, but showed up a few months early". Sleep-deprived Dad Justin is one of my favorite characters, right after Nastyman

The Nastyman is one of my favorites.

"My wife..."

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

SpacePig posted:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see this as a new Louie Zong joint

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

My dad had a friend who kept two koi in an inflatable boat in his bathroom so that question really spoke to me

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I know at least 6 or 7 people who have had guest spots on Supernatural. Literally all you need is to be an actor in Vancouver and you've done Supernatural at some point. It's like a rite of passage for local actors.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Well when you have more episodes than there are stars in the universe, eventually you're going to need to just grab all the actors you can to get a spot on the show.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Move to Vancover and you can easily get a bit part on basically any television show that takes place in small towns/outside. Listening to Stop Podcasting Yourself talking to local comedians that have been on these shows a couple times.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Seems reasonable.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Seems reasonable.

The best part is that I live in the capital of Canada and yet would take an extra 8 hours to make this trip.

Travelling across this country sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Queernabs
Dec 25, 2005

Fig. 1: bonehorse
Pillbug

Waffleman_ posted:

Seems reasonable.

unironically a fantastic drive