Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I mean at least that hypothetical drive is through one of the most beautiful chunks of America, so there's some points there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
They've only been to Vancouver once for a live show. They could just come back and see if Travis can at least get a cameo as an extra while they're in town.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Wasn’t there supposed to be another TAZ this week or did I misunderstand what was said at the end of last week’s episode?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It might be next week theres one and then another the week after. But as you said, I'm not super sure

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

New TAZ is up, looks like.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Well that sure was a cliffhanger

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah, no kidding. Wowzers.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Okay, now I'm finally invested in this story

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Imagine paying somewhere in the neighborhood of a hundred dollars a ticket to see TAZ live only to get subjected to the bad boring adventures of Bisexual Mary Sue and two literal pieces of white bread in the shape of humans.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1119450972181471233

Post the 420 episode, McElroys!

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009

NieR Occomata posted:

Imagine paying somewhere in the neighborhood of a hundred dollars a ticket to see TAZ live only to get subjected to the bad boring adventures of Bisexual Mary Sue and two literal pieces of white bread in the shape of humans.

Is it painful to have an opinion so lovely?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

NieR Occomata posted:

Sick post, A+, you're a posting pro.

Also, a hundred dollars? Clearly I got lucky with my tickets last year when I paid 20 bucks.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

When I went to mbmbam live in SF it was 80 a ticket yeah, TAZ was same venue and the next day and the same price

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also, they really didn't say anything to suggest non-Balance shows would be Amnesty. Most of the talk was about making them more like Honey Heist one-shots that could easily fit in an hour. I think if they started making the live shows Amnesty, they'd eventually run back into the same concerns they have with continuing Balance live shows, so it's not really a solution.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

NieR Occomata posted:

If you’re this reductive in how you see the characters, why are you even listening?

And I’m someone who does agree that Aubrey is the worst part of this arc

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Mae posted:

If you’re this reductive in how you see the characters, why are you even listening?

I’m not and haven’t for about a year now, I only keep subscribed to TAZ for the live shows

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

NieR Occomata posted:

When I went to mbmbam live in SF it was 80 a ticket yeah, TAZ was same venue and the next day and the same price

That's almost double the price I paid for the NY show I went to. Sounds like San Francisco venues may just suck. I'm pretty sure the brothers make their part of the fee the same for every show.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Waffleman_ posted:

Also, they really didn't say anything to suggest non-Balance shows would be Amnesty. Most of the talk was about making them more like Honey Heist one-shots that could easily fit in an hour. I think if they started making the live shows Amnesty, they'd eventually run back into the same concerns they have with continuing Balance live shows, so it's not really a solution.

Yeah, I agree. I think one shots with other systems could be a lot of fun, but it would also allow them to test new material out. I'm pretty sure they're moving back to Dust after Amnesty, but if enough thought gets put in beforehand I don't see why Justin couldn't try DMing some stuff at a live show.

There's plenty of ways for the live shows to still be a unique experience without it going back to Balance. Still though, yikes at 80 dollar tickets. Now I know why they're not coming back to Dallas.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I mean that mbmbam was worth paying 80 a person for, I got to hang with my sister as we watched a lady say her first swear word and there was an extended bit about dog dicks. It was pretty great and well worth it, chase that paper McElroys

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

What's the most expensive or biggest podcast show that's happened? MBMBAM at Madison Square Garden is the future I want to see

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Yeah, I agree. I think one shots with other systems could be a lot of fun, but it would also allow them to test new material out. I'm pretty sure they're moving back to Dust after Amnesty, but if enough thought gets put in beforehand I don't see why Justin couldn't try DMing some stuff at a live show.

There's plenty of ways for the live shows to still be a unique experience without it going back to Balance. Still though, yikes at 80 dollar tickets. Now I know why they're not coming back to Dallas.

Is that really why they won't be coming back to DFW? Usually they don't straight up say they're never returning.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh I'm sure they'll be back at some point, I'm just being dramatic.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

NieR Occomata posted:

Im not and havent for about a year now, I only keep subscribed to TAZ for the live shows

imagine actually listening to live shows, lmao, good one

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Oh I'm sure they'll be back at some point, I'm just being dramatic.

Haha, gotcha.

I'd be more than happy to blame SMU if that was indeed a factor, though.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
The tickets for Cincy and Columbus last year were just shy of $40. However ticket master also got an extra like $30 on top of that which pisses me off. I hate ticket master.

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

Good Listener posted:

The tickets for Cincy and Columbus last year were just shy of $40. However ticket master also got an extra like $30 on top of that which pisses me off. I hate ticket master.

Yeah I think my Chicago tickets were 43, and 58 with fees

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

vlad3217 posted:

Yeah I think my Chicago tickets were 43, and 58 with fees

Yeah. Same here.

Also the Ticketmaster app is just as terrible as their website. Just the worst.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
I paid 60 per ticket for the upcoming Philly show.

Totally worth it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
In hindsight, given what yall are saying it wouldn't surprise me if the venue in question causes the bump up in price. In Dallas the brothers were in a campus theater, so maybe it was just a cheaper sell in general.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I can't believe they were such cowards and wouldn't do a 420

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009

myron cope posted:

I can't believe they were such cowards and wouldn't do a 420

I suspect they skipped it because none of them are regular smokers and “lol weed amirite” jokes from people who don’t actually smoke often has about 5 minutes of comedy potential. Like, I don’t think they’d be dismissive of people who DO smoke, but lack of experience leads to lack of intelligent discourse which leads to lack of comedy - see: the tweet above. Like yeah, 420 is the weed number. Good for a tweet, but stretch that to an hour? Tough.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Silynt posted:

I suspect they skipped it because none of them are regular smokers and “lol weed amirite” jokes from people who don’t actually smoke often has about 5 minutes of comedy potential. Like, I don’t think they’d be dismissive of people who DO smoke, but lack of experience leads to lack of intelligent discourse which leads to lack of comedy - see: the tweet above. Like yeah, 420 is the weed number. Good for a tweet, but stretch that to an hour? Tough.

It would have been funnier to do episode 420 and not mention weed at all then to just skip it

Serf
May 5, 2011

"stalin, gone too soon."

justin is the best brother now

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I wonder what their wild idea was? I’m hoping for a snoop or willie nelson guestpert

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Silynt posted:

Very true, but pulling something like the F Plus did for Episode 300 (Frank West saying “episode” 300 times) and then putting out a regular episode about an hour later would have been a good move. Hit the joke and move on.

Edit- Kumquatxop. I the dumb.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Apr 21, 2019

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Warbird posted:

Very true, but pulling something like the F Plus did for Episode 300 (Frank West saying “episode” 300 times) and then putting out a regular episode about an hour later would have been a good move. Hit the joke and move on.

How dare you do my man Kumquatxop dirty like that?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

They could have just done an episode 420, about the same stuff their regular episodes are about (nonsense)

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009

myron cope posted:

They could have just done an episode 420, about the same stuff their regular episodes are about (nonsense)

They literally did, they just called it 421.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Warbird posted:

Still waiting for the Jimmy Franks/ Clint McElroy crossover episode of whatever, they have a very similar energy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/dustinrhodes/status/1120055239577669635

Griffin is finally free.