Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Dynamic ads are good because sometimes they go away for older stuff and then it's like, here's the ad break, 2 seconds later, aaaand we're back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

PetraCore posted:

Dynamic ads are good because sometimes they go away for older stuff and then it's like, here's the ad break, 2 seconds later, aaaand we're back.

For some reason I'm still getting no ads listening to new episodes of The Besties, it's great.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

I'd rather support the max fun network and put up with the ads than everything go patreon.

Another podcast I listen to is now putting everything after the first 20 minutes behind a $5 paywall, and sure it's just $5, but I'm subscribed to 36 podcasts at the moment.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Tazzers, rejoice: These sweary Graduation candles are perfect for your Adventure Zone collection

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I'm ok with normal ads and with the max fun drive, I just don't want them at the same time is all. I swear there was a point where they didn't have ads on the drive shows but maybe that was just a one time thing. :shrug:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

No, that was literally every year before this one. Not only is the drive twice as long now, there's twice the solicitation per episode.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

I mean yeah, but these ads were booked months in advance so what do you want them to do? For a couple weeks there's a couple extra ads. I'm just not seeing the outrage. If the alternative is everything disappears behind a patreon then I'm happy to support at the level I do, and put up with a couple ads.

Also listening to two corporate ads and two max fun ads is better than listening to one jumbo Tron

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

change my name posted:

Dynamic ads can be good... for instance, I just noticed the Dough Boys went back and took out all of the ads from their older episodes. Not gonna happen with anything on Max Fun, though

I would riot if they removed the extreme restraints ads.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVMuoVUpMhM

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

lmao I didn't know Griffin had a Triforce tattoo. It's the Triforce of Wisdom specifically, what a dork. I wonder if he got it in a set with the other two pieces (with Justin and Travis, maybe?)

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Fred is on posted:

lmao I didn't know Griffin had a Triforce tattoo. It's the Triforce of Wisdom specifically, what a dork. I wonder if he got it in a set with the other two pieces (with Justin and Travis, maybe?)
Yes, they all have one, including Clint: https://www.engadget.com/2007-04-22-the-zelda-tattoos-or-an-ink-to-the-past.html Justin has courage, Griffin has wisdom, and Travis has power. Clint has the combo of all 3.

Stroop There It Is fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Aug 7, 2020

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

That's incredible, and it retroactively makes everything Travis does funnier knowing he's had the Triforce of Power tattooed on his chest the whole time.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Mmmmm thats a really nice screen for a GBA.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Fred is on posted:

That's incredible, and it retroactively makes everything Travis does funnier knowing he's had the Triforce of Power tattooed on his chest the whole time.

It does make a lot of sense...

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Fred is on posted:

As it turns out, there have been many Justins and Griffins over the ages, but it's been the same Travis the whole time.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Gives a new perspective on those Amiibo Corner episodes

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Trapped in the VR zone is top tier McErloy content

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I loved the weird era of McElroy content. They should take a few steps back that way. As dads it shouldn't be hard to loosen grip with reality just a little.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

You won’t believe what he said about the dick

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

um excuse me posted:

I loved the weird era of McElroy content. They should take a few steps back that way. As dads it shouldn't be hard to loosen grip with reality just a little.

I mean, Tearalong fired Griffin for ruining the piano.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Waffleman_ posted:

it was Polygon's piano, she was in her rights. :colbert:

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Waffleman_ posted:

This reference went wwwaaaayyyy over my head. Could I get some context, please? I mean, I got Tara Long, but what's this about a piano?

\/\/Thanks!

The Repo Man fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Aug 8, 2020

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

The Repo Man posted:

This reference went wwwaaaayyyy over my head. Could I get some context, please? I mean, I got Tara Long, but what's this about a piano?

The final Griffin's amiibo corner

https://youtu.be/eODyU0wa-to

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

um excuse me posted:

This is totally not the same thing, but I feel like the Drawfee crew has a similar energy as the weird McElroy/Polygon era, and now that they're independent they just do whatever they want.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Saw this on Reddit. Kinda brutal, but also on the nose:

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Clint not knowing which dice to roll is always funny to me. The rest is valid.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Plan Z posted:

You're not supposed to get a blackout every episode!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How can something interesting be shown

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

How can something interesting be shown

Demonstrated in-game in an exciting way rather than simply explained by an NPC or exposition dump

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

one of the best examples i can think of is the fungus in wave echo cave that responded to sound. griffin didn't explicitly say what was happening, he just told them there were fungi about, interrupted them for a spore saving throw as soon as they talked in character, and the party connected those two things on their own.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Stroop There It Is posted:

Yes, they all have one, including Clint: https://www.engadget.com/2007-04-22-the-zelda-tattoos-or-an-ink-to-the-past.html Justin has courage, Griffin has wisdom, and Travis has power. Clint has the combo of all 3.

I didn't know that, and that's very sweet. :3:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

sticklefifer posted:

This is totally not the same thing, but I feel like the Drawfee crew has a similar energy as the weird McElroy/Polygon era, and now that they're independent they just do whatever they want.

Seconding Drawfee.

Going to make one of these my avatar once the money won't go to a serial abuser. :v:

Here's a video they did with Justin and Griffin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bF3ofvI8bM

I wonder if there's enough Drawfee fans on the forums to warrant a thread.

Kazy fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Aug 9, 2020

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I love Drawfee and we shouldn't make a Drawfee thread because I don't want that thread to suck as much as this one

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Tears In A Vial posted:

Clint not knowing which dice to roll is always funny to me. The rest is valid.

I refuse to believe anyone doesn't enjoy Clint mixing up dice, clearly they're dead inside.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

kidcoelacanth posted:

I love Drawfee and we shouldn't make a Drawfee thread because I don't want that thread to suck as much as this one

Drawfee is great, but also this.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

kidcoelacanth posted:

:hai:

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Drawfee rules.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Caldwell Tanner has an infectious energy

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

I miss Caldwell on drawfee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Plan Z posted:

What was the thing about how every call of duty game did all the plot exposition in a cut scene when your character was knocked down by an explosion.