Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
"Why are you so mad at me CBS? I didn't do anything!" said the person whose occupation is "video games journalist and podcaster"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
I feel like Car Boys could be the basis of a great master's thesis on floating point rounding

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Very laggy and dropping lots of frames, and now back to the intro. Hopefully they're resetting the linksys router.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
You couldn't script a better ending to that match.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Griffin has the same level of Pokemon strategy as I do, he knows the chart for which type beats which from the original games and which Pokemon are legendaries.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U0blDjQ2Gg

Mario Odyssey looks much better than the initial trailer

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
But the Dilbert animé was good?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

PostNouveau posted:

Griffin, Nick and some other dudes playing PUBG lives. Griffin currently reading the Independence Day speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN8wMAGG73I

They're struggling to get Justin in the same game and everyone into the same Skype call now. This is good television.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Last year at some event in Austin (SXSW maybe?) Nick and Griffin recorded a vlog where they were like "oh nick, crazy running into you here" and a person cosplaying Busto 2.0 walks up in them while they try not to laugh.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

I don't think there's anything autobiographical in it. Everything the boys have said about and done with their dad has made it seem like he is and always has been a huge part of their lives.

Yeah I got the impression that Merle's strained relationship with organized religion was semi-autobiographical, but the rest of the backstory was only Clint fleshing Merle out and making him a distinct character.

Although it was kind of a thing with both Merle and his character in TAZ Nights that they worry about getting replaced in their crew. Merle by Angus and other NPCs they meet, and I forget his TAZ Nights character name, but he was intimidated about Lin Manuel Miranda's character being a better bard than him. Makes me wonder if that's a thing either in relation to his boys getting famous or friends from his past.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Awful Squad streaming from Russ's POV is the worst idea

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Transition lenses are the dorkiest poo poo

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
I thought of a great CGI game and I have nothing to do with it now because Nick is a piece of trash. "360 No Snope", a game where you debunk email and Facebook forwards from your aunts and uncles without any research or references.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
They finally addressed the elephant in the room... Russ's terrible camerawork and Griffin will run the stream next week.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
https://twitter.com/MBMBaM/status/898238736928002048

we can't keep doing this

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Hargrimm posted:

Honestly that's kind of a bad implementation of that shirt.

Yeah I would have instabought Build-a-bear's design, this I think just makes me want to donate :20bux: direct to SPLC :shrug:

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
As excited as I am for new game systems, worlds, stories, and goofs, I'm really really excited for another The The Adventure Zone Zone next week. Everything Griffin planned combined so well with what the other three improvised to wrap the whole story up in a nice bow. I want to hear some behind the scenes about what they came up with and when (like how long has Cliff been planning that going back in time to stop himself from casting heal gag?)

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Wasabi the J posted:

I've listened to like five episodes so far, but it's taken me hours to get there since I can only listen during my commute.

Sorry I took such a hostile tone, but sometimes when the McElroy's are having fun, the boys lose their sense of structure and timing; I was wondering if there were moments I could afford to cut from the experience or not.

It's episodic and the story and characters build on themselves. But it's on demand, so don't think "Oh god I have to listen to 80 hours of this to get to the pay off". Just listen to an episode when you have time, and if you're still enjoying it, listen to the next episode when you have time in the future. If you're not enjoying it, listen to/do something else. Repeat until you get to the end or feel like turning it off.

Edit: ^^^ That guy gets it. he stopped listening when he got tired of it. I enjoyed and listened to it until the end. That's the magic of free, on demand entertainment!

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
I saw some fan art that drew him as Jon Arbuckle, and since then that's how I imagine him.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Organza Quiz posted:

Wait, so were you imagining Garfield attacking Jon Arbuckle during the final fight?

Absolutely, I pictured Garfield in a cloak throwing a grenade at a One Winged Angel/Culex monstrosity with Jon Arbuckle's face. Also that line about free samples at Costco was really well delivered.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

General Dog posted:

That was a bit more ending than I needed for TAZ.

Good news! TAZ isn't ending!

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Perhaps... we were the real creamers all along

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Millennials are killing the taint stretcher and dick cage industries

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Merle and Taako promised to track down and get vengeance on Governor Kalen. It wasn't a point that needed to be wrapped up more than that. I'm as curious about how that played out as I am what Merle got for Magnus on Candlenights two years after the epilogue.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Relin posted:

what
ah, must have missed that

During the Suffering Game, Magnus had to choose to give up all memories of Julia or all memories of Kalen. He asked Taako and Merle to promise to remember Kalen and kill him, then chose to forget him.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
My personal resolution to Kalen is when Voidfish Jr broadcast the story to the world, everyone in whatever region of the world Kalen was in at that time simultaneously said "wow, gently caress that guy" and threw him into a horde of Hunger monsters

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

SpacePig posted:

The Voidfish did not take the memory of Kalan, Wonderland did. It's a memory that's lost forever.

Wonderland took it from Magnus, but if you interpret "the podcast" as being the Voidfish's broadcast, then Kalen's story was part of it. So the world would know about Kalen, but Magnus wouldn't. I think.

Or Kalen walked into Chesney's/Merlgaritaville one day and got served an arsenic colada :shrug:

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Serf posted:

I don't think the Governor Kalan storyline would make for a good live show because it would be a bit heavy.

Also, Governor Kalan - Elliott Kalan ?? :tinfoil:

A live show where the THB a track down and kill Elliott Kalan would make a great live show on the other hand

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/902226144019271681

:woop:

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/902226446571143168

Even better! Maybe something like the Monster Factory Wrestling Federation episode as a tournament or a Monster fantasy football league

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Build-a-Boar posted:

I hope it's less intensely american than the sims thing they did with sitcom people I'd never seen nor heard of! I enjoyed it but I felt I was missing half the fun because who the gently caress are these people

I hope it's a "Monster Factory best of" like the Wrestling Federation was, except in some sort of social/storytelling game, like Miitopia or Tomodachi Life. Maybe a game with more customization than Miis though.

Edit:

Moatman posted:

Bust a Nut from 343 is also one of the absolute primo bits.

You have to watch Episode 131 where someone's coworker thought "blow my load" means the same as "blow my top" before episode 343

creationist believer fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 29, 2017

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Waffleman_ posted:

The Tomodachi Survivor series Justin did died after like three episodes because Tomodachi Life is an absolutely boring game not meant to be paid attention to for 30 minutes at a time and I doubt that even with review copies, they've had access to Miitopia for "a few months"

I didn't mean those games specifically, just "I hope it's in a game like that where they have all the Monster Factory characters together interacting in the same story telling systems" and couldn't think of anything except those two games and Sims 4, and I think the Sims 4 well would be running pretty dry by now. I don't know any games in that genre other than the ones I've seen in Polygon overviews soooo I'm hoping there's a good game out there for this kind of thing.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Yes, this is the content that I, as a McElroy fan, was hoping for. Criticizing people for not being aggressive enough.

Part of what makes Simone falling apart at Puyo Puyo Tetris a gem is her simultaneously apologizing for being sexist and then doing it again, while Pat intones, as calmly as a Montessori teacher, "Don't apologize. Just stop doing it." I have tears in my eyes from this one, so thank you for recommending it.

Are there other good "Polygon people go insane, while trying not to" videos?

I really like these ones, where Griffin is dying over and over in a difficult game, and Justin starts roleplaying as Nintendo Game Tips Hotline Dracula.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjOWw49kP9o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e390vEHRy3I

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
They once said that "blue eyes, white dragon, can't lose" is a joke where the intersection of people who get both references are McElroy fans. I'm pretty sure the actual intersection is just the McElroy family.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

inferis posted:

I still don't understand why people care about reviews for games they have already bought and enjoy.

skub.jpg

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Griffin and Jon Bois you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osce_JgA510

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
"This picture of the McElroy brothers meeting Mos Def cracks me up." - Kurt Cobain

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Pastrymancy posted:

Are y'all ready to go back to the Shrek Skate Park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV9wy9ucXgc

I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. A few weeks ago, they put out a call to have fans join a custom server in THUG, didn't they? I think there's enough juice in this game for a part 3.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
I mean, when the first musical based on your songs is about to debut on Broadway, and the creator of the musical that broke the record for Tony wins says he wants you to meet Island Boy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
As soon as Griffin said "I want to be a Human, a Numan, or a Duman" I died and am posting from hell