Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

All those plays on Todd's name are quality goofs, they made me laugh real good.

I just found out about the McElroy empire recently after being introduced through car boys, and it's been a hell of a ride catching up with all of their Polygon video content before finding out about CGI and mbmbam. It's been a laugh filled few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I was afraid that our sweet boys were running out of new toys to play with.

Oh how wrong I was. 2017 is off to a great start.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

purple death ray posted:

Did anyone else notice in the last Touch the Skyrim when Griff is typing "Modern Luigi" he actually does type modren for a second before correcting it?

I did! I dunno if it was intentional but I thought it was funny

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Snooze Cruise posted:

can we talk about patrick trying to get nintendo to retweet a picture of toad in this thread, the fourth mcelroy brother recently appeared in an episode

I really like Patrick, his dry delivery really hits for me. Wasn't he the one who did the battlefield bird mission review?

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Roach Warehouse posted:

Since we're talking about Pat, he's been doing a fair few streams for polygon lately that are pretty entertaining. He plays Human Fall Flat with Simone and tells a horrific story about the time a teacher made him rap in high school.

That story about the Egypt rap made me physically uncomfortable. I had a few similar experiences in middle/high school.

Funny as heck, though.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Oofa doofa. That was quite a ride. I'm really gonna miss this show, it's become a bright spot in my week and it introduced me to the McElroy brothers. There's something really unique about car boys that I can't really put into words, the blending of dumb car physics and emergent storytelling really crystalizes into something special. Can't imagine a better way to have ended​ it.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Patrick's got the worst loving lawyers

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Someone mentioned interest upthread a bit in maybe a general Polygon video thread? I'm also very interested in somewhere to talk about the good stuff without this TAZ nonsense

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I know a Mexican dude who goes by Tako irl. Not an adventure zone fan, he just doesn't like his given name and likes tacos. That's my insight into this drama bomb.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

That really is a good picture of toad that he made

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Inzombiac posted:

I just finished the Momma Battle's Fisting Army stream and I realized two things:
1) Golly jeepers I hate Russ for the same reason:
2) I hate Ross from Game Grumps.

Doesn't pay attention and then when people are focused on anything but them, they try to sabotage the game.

I kinda really like it when everyone yells at him though. When they found that buggy and Simone immediately said to leave Russ behind I got a good laugh.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I loving lost it when he drove into that hay bale and got everyone killed

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Stumiester posted:

Very much enjoyed the visit of our favourite banana boy in this video:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-16-eurogamers-best-of-e3-2017

"It's my legacy, it's my living legacy"

-Griffin "Banana Boat" McElroy

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Clint yes! :pervert:

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Waffleman_ posted:

Since this has become the de facto Polygon Videos Thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqX1wxaB7I4

This made me hate Russ a little less.

Also I love how many demons have been summoned in recent Polygon videos, someone must have found an ancient tome of forgotten magicks at E3 this year

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Poque posted:

I've been considering grabbing another McElroy joint and Sawbones seems like the best choice, got a good ep recommendation to start?

I've been listening through it from the beginning and that's been good for me. First episode is on trepanation which is probably the king of "wtf were they thinking" medical procedures. Alternately, just pick an episode about something you're interested in and go from there

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

This is transcendent from start to finish but when Pat's head floated in from out of frame at like 2:25 I absolutely lost it

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Polygon also played bidiots which was fun to watch. I really enjoy seeing the whole family get together and be funny at each other

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

The episode with Hugo Nominated Author Dr. Chuck Tingle had some good moments

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I didn't know anyone else's internal monologue sounded like that

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

PostNouveau posted:

Good Awful Squad. They win a zombie round, despite Russ getting his indoor sunscreen in his eye and being blinded for the last 5 minutes

I love how Russ has fixated on the complaints about his inventory management and categorically ignored those criticising his tendency to do everything he can to be a mile away from anything interesting that happens in the stream

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Friendship ended with Nick Robertson

Now Pat is my best friend

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

There are currently 69 videos in the Cool Games inc. youtube playlist.

And so it shall remain, probably.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Thank you

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Hockles posted:

Awful Squad -- Russ is back at the helm... stream at your own risk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0Kf8nFTwvI

Russ is a good boy now.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Oh poo poo there's a 4:20 am too?

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Just listened to the new mbmbam, and maybe it's just because they've only put out like one other episode in the last month or two but I think it's one of the funniest I've heard. Justin's intro, Griffin's a bee, the whole thing about a druid at a club only party, it was peak McElroy content to me.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I don't know if I've ever heard a murder captured on a podcast before

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Good Listener posted:

It's a distant hope, but it'd be super cool if we get a new Monster Factory at some point. I'm positive they said they'd be doing them occasionally, I might be wrong. I know right now they're busy though and who knows if Justin and Griffin even play many new games these days....also if anything with fun create a character is out.

They've definitely said a few times that monster factory will return on rare occasion. I don't know if you're aware but Pat and Brian's second season of Brand Slam is currently happening over at polygon and it's essentially Son of Monster Factory. The WWE face importer has enough horrifying quirks that I really think they can hang a series on it.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I don't listen to TAZ at all because the fanbase sucks and the earlier supposedly more funny and less up it's own rear end episodes are still a chore to get through so I guess I win at avoiding bad audiences. I don't listen to mbmbam live shows either. I'm pretty happy with these life decisions. Live your truth y'all.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Waffleman_ posted:

Also, sometimes Travis just does not accept being shut down and it's the worst, like when he was doing What Do You Think You Would Do If.

Anybody remember that one awful squad when Travis was the only McElroy and he would just not shut up about that one Aaron Sorkin show? Everyone else was like too embarrassed to do anything about it. Comedy poison

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

eke out posted:

i like amnesty a lot, my main (minor) gripe about the system at this point is that the way the "hard move" concept plays out in mundane, low-pressure situations doesn't work for me.

like, a player wants to investigate a room with nothing dangerous or bad in it, rolls a 4, gets experience, and the DM gets to do something bad to them in the future? it just feels weird, like there's no situation where you can't accidentally end up letting the DM gently caress you somehow. i may just be misunderstanding it based on griffin's descriptions, though

If a player investigates a room with nothing dangerous or bad in it, they're not supposed to roll for anything. The GM describes the room. Rolls are reserved for situations with stakes or interesting consequences for success or failure. I haven't been listening to taz though so I don't know how well griffin is adapting to that from the d&d philosophy of roll for everything.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

immolationsex posted:

I listened to the first two seasons of TAZ. The quality really took a nosedive in the second season, which I attribute to Griffin (and the rest too, I suppose) suddenly taking the whole thing way too seriously. I preferred the unpredictable, often tongue-in-cheek tone of the first season.

I assume there have been seasons since 2 but I haven't checked. My question is, which tone do later seasons lean more towards, the 1st or the 2nd season?

Yeah assuming by season you mean the story arcs then taz declines quicky and never recovers, it's not really worth continuing

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

If there was a new cool games inc the best hosts would probably be some combination of Pat, Simone, Brian, and Allegra imo

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Serf posted:

the sheer joy with which justin and travis prepare to make fun of griffin for misunderstanding the chair actor joke is refreshing

This moment was particularly great for me as I misunderstood it the same way Griffin did

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

DoombatINC posted:

"People are leaving because the funny, weird guys that everyone likes are gone!!! Quick, everyone, stop being funny or weird, because clearly nobody likes that!?!?!"

Anecdotal but I've read plenty of people, even in this thread, that liked the weird McElroy stuff but didn't care for any other weird polygon content.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Yeah the live shows are really tough to listen to, I don't usually bother. I'm honestly starting to get really fed up with how much time and energy they sink into touring live shows and TAZ instead of the stuff I like but that's my problem

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Zero One posted:

With both of their main shows going up on the same day made me think that I want a crossover episode.

The THB take your questions and turn them magically into wisdom.

Don't even joke about putting this energy out into the universe

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Look it's obvious Griffin's a bad dm but most people seem to like the story he's written and that seems to be what he's aiming for. It's a radio play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

timp posted:

Anybody else listen all the way through today’s MBMBAM to hear the new TAZ Amnesty commercial? It wasn’t half bad imo!

I heard it on the Greatest Generation today and it was a rare good maxfun ad, although I'm sure I'll hate it as much as the rest after I hear it a dozen times