Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If Gundren Rockseeker's dad (I forget his name) or.. christ, Magic Brian beat Lup, I'm gonna flip a table. I love Magic Brian. Don't do me dirty like that, Brian. Gonna guess Lup didn't assume the umbra staff could turn on her too.
Really amused by Justin's quiet 'gently caress you' when Griffin reveals Lup has the staff.

I'm pumped for the finalé. PUMPED!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Who What Now posted:

Merle's daughter wasn't biologically his, right? She was from his wife's previous marriage? I'm trying to suss out how long it was between Lucretia blocking the IPRE's memories and the present. I'm guessing around a decade.

I seem to remember Lucretia mentioning that the Bureau had only been in operation for about a year before the boys joined, because they criticised her for only having one relic of the seven? I may be wrong. Also she coulda been lying, I guess.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Stroop There It Is posted:

Someone please tell me I wasn't the only one to tear up during this episode. :saddowns:

This episode, the end to Petals to the Metal and various points in 11th Hour caused me to tear up a bit. "You're going to be amazing" was the worst until that loving "Who?".

I'm glad he spends so much time and effort on the editing of these, the static was absolutely chilling and extremely well done.

Lucretia's character is amazing and Griffin did a superb job of writing a character that betrayed, but leaves you feeling like she did it for genuine and good reasons. I'm floored by her characterisation being that she couldn't stand to see the effect the relic wars were having on everybody and she wanted to help them. It could have just been her being angry that Lup and Barry's plan was chosen over hers, but it was much better than that. Although, when she made the decision to feed the journal to Fisher she knew Lup was missing and if she weren't already dead she would have been left with amnesia and wandering alone somewhere, and that would've been Lucretia's fault. I wonder if she tried looking for her.

Build-a-Boar fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jun 30, 2017

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Relistening to old Adventure Zone eps because.. well, now I gotta, and in the candlenights episode I completely forgot that the THB received an anonymous gift. Remember what it was? It was three iron-on patches. Circular, with 12 coloured circles, and a word in the middle in a language they couldn't understand. It was their goddamn IPRE badges, this is killing meeee

Also hot diggedy poo poo that was a baller rear end cookie.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Did.. did you just call me 'Agnes'?

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

sexpig by night posted:

Taako's reaction to Ango casting a little fire spell well was the greatest thing.

"You've peed your loincloth...Just kidding I know you're in a little suit...'You've Peed Your Loincloth' is the name of the show."

I dunno if fanart is frowned upon in this thread but there's a great animatic of this scene;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc2OvHzPXY0

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Which episode is "Arms Outstretched" in?

Episode 56, chapter 6 of the Suffering Game.

A good vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpeXb3mbs_k

Also another good animatic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCLfJ8cJ2BM

And finally a really cute mock intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3k6uxJ6yYs

OK I'm done!

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RandomFerret posted:

Thought I'd share this with all y'all.

It's you. You're the bartmen now.

That's real good and also loving horrifying!

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Colonel Whitey posted:

I tried to introduce a friend to MBMBaM and he said he can't get past their laughs. I find their laughs completely infectious and when Justin or Griffin get into a giggle fit I can't help but laugh along with them regardless of what was said. Anyone else run into this? Is it a left brain right brain thing? Am I good?

Justin's laugh especially is infectious as gently caress and your friend is broken, please replace. Absolutely can't help but at least crack a smile when they start really laughing at something.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My gay heart grew three sizes this day

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I loved all the arcs but the suffering game has a special place in my heart because I'm cruel, I guess. I liked the feeling of there being an actual threat (you know they're not gonna die, so). I started listening to TAZ right as the suffering game was ending so I could binge listen to every arc, so that's probably why I loved them all. They didn't drag because I already had all of them to listen to. GERBLINS was hard work because it took me a while to get into it, but by the time they got to the mushrooms that farted at them whenever they spoke (so they kept telling each other to shut up) I was pretty much sold.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Spoiler for latest TAZ episode Tumblr is basically exploding with joy that Griffin unburied the gays. Griff seemed genuinely apologetic about using that trope, so he's won a lot of brownie points for reversing it in some way. Justin too for the Kravitz stuff.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know if 'bury your gays' is specifically a TV Tropes thing but that doesn't mean it's not a legitimate common occurrence that is pretty lovely in media - gay romance is made inherently tragic in some way which usually results in somebody being killed off, commonly enough that it became a recognised trope, and it's tiresome. People were sad that Griffin accidentally used the trope himself by killing off Hurley and Sloane (and I say accidentally because he legit didn't know about it, and was apologetic in the podcast when he was informed) so people were pretty happy when they both came back in a way in the latest episode.

re: kravitz - I didn't mean he was part of the bury your gays thing, I meant that it was nice that Justin went along with there being a relationship, which is something people were hoping for. It was sweet.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nuebot posted:

It's kind of a frustrating cliche/trope as a writer because it means you can't really have a storyline wherein a character who is gay has their loved one die or something similar without being accused of doing this for the sake of doing it.

Yeah that's the price to pay for the really poo poo representation of gay people in media I guess. Until things are a bit more even then the trope's gonna get called out.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Travis being introduced as their wild animal of a brother in the E3 video was excellent. Dude has great nails and a great laugh. He is a gentle hirsute fellow with no skeletons in his closet I swear to god Travis McElroy you better not

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Any chance of whatever the hell VRV is giving them a second season?

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oh, free now? Somebody rip that extra poo poo the rest of the world doesn't get to see. That's ok now it's free right?

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I already bought it, but it doesn't have the extra stuff. That's what I meant~

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ariong posted:

Here's a really nice animatic of the Taako/Kravitz reunion from the latest TAZ. It's really nice, I forgot how sweet it was. Speaking of that moment, someone on reddit made an Imgur album containing every piece of fanart they could find of it. I will link it below, but before you click it, I want you to guess how many there are. It doesn't have to be exact, just give a rough estimate.

Okay, now see how much higher the actual number is.

We wanted this bad

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Wow, peoply really like drawing Taako as super feminine, huh?

This was really cemented after Taako's absolute insistence on wearing a skirt for the 11th hour, I think. Also, yanno, elves

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
He used the words 'I'm sorry' which is something you rarely see in apologies these days to be honest

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My first MBMBAM fanart scribble

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

JOHNSON COCKSLAP posted:

I understand leeching off someone popular make you feel important yourself, and i guess you tried

but being proud enough of that to share baffles me.

You're a darling!

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The amount of people who say the Suffering Game was too mean and the worst arc makes me feel like such an rear end in a top hat, because it was probably my favourite!

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Being able to hear Griffin's nasty lil grin when he said "Taako.. somethin'.. somethin' unlucky happens' was great, I grinned too. Especially at Justin's 'aw no, aw beans' reaction.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That's cool that they felt so strongly that they'd made a mistake and didn't like what it meant for their characters and that arc that they felt they needed a do-over. You can argue that's not in the spirit of DnD but also at the same time the whole point is to have fun, and they all realised they didn't like that outcome at all. They also feel like they have to consider the audience a lot, which obviously regular games don't. It makes Lup's speech more interesting because that was their own conclusions. I think that's the point where Lup started feeling like a different person than Taako, that was the first kind of disagreement which felt kinda needed to make the characters more distinct. I wonder if the original version had Lup as game as the rest for destroying everything.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I hope it's less intensely american than the sims thing they did with sitcom people I'd never seen nor heard of! I enjoyed it but I felt I was missing half the fun because who the gently caress are these people

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

A peek at what's surely going to be the next Munch Squad.

https://twitter.com/tacobell/status/897581962356957184

When does a taco cease to be? Cuz this is straight up an omelette

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is it genuinely a huge problem that this thread's discussion temporarily changes based on what McElroy thing updated last?

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've not played a game of DnD yet where anybody gave a poo poo about components, unless it was a pretty broken ridiculous spell that probably shouldn't be used on a total whim. It's just a boring aspect of the game. We usually do make a token effort of paying some attention to cast time and range though because those have led to some fun situations. 'You need to find a way into touch range to cast this, try not to die' is infinitely more interesting than telling a player they can't do something because they forgot to buy feathers or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mikedawson posted:

I will say this about TAZ fanart: It's kind of funny to me that nobody draws Carey as anything similar to what dragonborn canonically look like in dnd. She tends to look more like a kobold, anything.

Though to be fair, the canon dragonborn design looks kind of weird.

Probably comes from Griffin describing Carey as small and 'more of a lizardborn'. Plus she's a rogue so you'd imagine she's maybe smaller and a bit more lithe. Additionally the mental image of a little dragonborn with a big orc girlfriend is too cute.