Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Thought I'd share this with all y'all.

RandomFerret posted:

I was trying to find a stuffed Bart Simpson toy the other day, and there's like nothing out there. I remember in the 90s you couldn't throw a rock without hitting a bart.

I ended up buying this one, and obviously it's a particularly lovely rendition. So I got a hammer and fixed it.

Step one was ripping the head open and relocating the stuffing

Putting in some proper teeth

And hair, gotta have that classic Bart updo

Now THAT's a Bart you can set your watch to!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Somebody sent this to me on twitter:

From a lovely listicle of design fails

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

PS: They sent the screenshot to me specifically because I'm the one who made it. Forgot to mention that.

http://random-ferret.tumblr.com/post/162680161676/i-will-take-a-hammer-and-fix-the-baby-the

creationist believer posted:

Ohhh, I see. They forgot the splotch tattoo Bart has on his right knee.

poo poo, goddamn it. gently caress.

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jun 7, 2018

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I said "no wait, THAT's Griffin" no fewer than three times while watching that clip.

Then Scoville the Peppers Warlock showed up

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jul 18, 2018

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

They did that in a live show too.

http://www.maximumfun.org/adventure-zone/adventure-zone-live-austin

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

If you jump straight into the Trial of Teamwork dlc from the main menu you can glitch yourself three Merles and stack ZOTs until the will ST goes into negative numbers and Lucretia will just go into the dialogue like you figured everything out and trigger the Hunger fight, but you're stuck at zero bond. Once somebody figures that out the any% record is going out the window

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'm watching the rpg development stream vod and I am so mad at the chat for voting for The Dadlands when Infantasy is such a better idea

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Crocoswine posted:

Not really, considering they barely played D&D in the first place.

That's why it was better. Some of the best moments were Justin blindsiding Griffin by suddenly remembering that there was a rulebook and charisma checking his way to the flaming raging poisoning sword of doom

You'd never have Garyl the Binicorn in a freeform system, it's too crazy to allow. But if it's in the book, it's in the game, baby!

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 4, 2019

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

But what if his character is a frankenstein? They got those in that show right? It's like castlevania with kissy faced boys?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Do you people think the title of Middlest Brother is a loving joke?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Okay, now I'm finally invested in this story

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Paul F Tompkins is also the face of the new Mr. Show on Netflix, but I think that's because cyriac mistook him for David Cross when he was making the opening.

Also, for anybody that didn't know, there's a new Mr. Show, it's on Netflix, and cyriac made the opening.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Everybody's posting photos of the stupid Garfield head pizza, but where's the lasagna trip reports? Am I going to have to do it myself next time I'm in TO?

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Wait there is? What's it called? I remember "with Bob and David" from a few years ago.

That's the one, you may have been on board this train since day one but I just found out about it and I'm still giddy that there's multiple extra seasons of Mr. Show for me to enjoy

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Is there? Guess I'm almost done the whole series, then.

Did you make it your mission to ruin my night, Al?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

George H.W. oval office posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpWbQgc8b-0

Here is Justin’s similar talk that’s also good.

"They could set a game in West Virginia, and they should"

How's that monkey's paw holding up, J-man?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

EVIL Gibson posted:

Man, the last episode of Adventure Zone was like those sessions where the DM spent all night working on something and *needs* the players to hear it. Sounds like it was great for the players but as a listener, it was a big downer.

I am not sure who Clint is supposed to be now. The FBI agent I think? When are we? Is space lady here?

You skipped the last episode because you thought it was just a recap, didn't you

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I always pictured Garfield the Deals Warlock looking like a character from one of my japanese animes.

You can shame me all you like, but only after you look me in the goddamn eye and tell me that face doesn't match that voice exactly

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

You're killing me. You're killing a human being.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'm relistening to the balance arc, and man, Clint says tons of poo poo that makes it sound like Merle knows what's actually going on the whole time.

"I feel like I don't know you guys anymore" the same day they all supposedly met

"Two of my best friends are liches"

A couple more I've already forgotten

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Aug 13, 2019

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I was listening to sawbones with my mom one time and the ad for taz came on and she turned to me and said "THAT'S the show you and Emily listen to all the time?"

I said "no."

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The Money Zone is worth listening to this week

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Well, I didn't cry at the end of Balance, but I sure the gently caress cried this time! I'm welling up again right now thinking about it, so that's cool. Glad I'm doing that at work, thanks Clint.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Going to Sylvain was the catalyst, he'd been around Aubrey for years up to that point. I think he started changing faster than any of the existing Sylvan animal people, though

Griffin, Justin and Clint are paid actors, Travis has yet to land a paying role

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Oct 1, 2019

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Gotta Have my Vape dated the TV show more than the episode where Griffin spends 12% of his onscreen time dabbing

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I like the little glimpses of lovely Teen Griffin we get from time to time, like angrily defending shoplifting or knowing way too much about early 2000s weed culture for it to be a joke

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I think the most common track to becoming a McElroy content connoisseur is Monster Factory to Adventure Zone to MBMBAM to Sawbones.

Speaking of Monster Factory, animation legend James Baxter did a guest lecture earlier this week and showed how to time animation to an existing voice recording:

https://patch444.tumblr.com/post/189101116627/so-james-baxter-visited-my-university

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'm catching up on a couple months of missed podcasts and nothing has ever made me laugh as hard as Travis ranting about bad improv followed by Justin saying "Yes, and?"

Also lol at all the hot takers ten pages ago saying that the new taz was going to suck

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Tears In A Vial posted:

Oh cool. I just watched the video where they invented it a couple days ago.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Iwc4UGMyeg

Still mad they went with the least interesting idea just because it had the funniest name

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Here's my submission. I think I might have leaned too heavily into the school setting:

Hunt's Smack Pack

A small, pocket-sized container made of a pliable transparent material covered with a thin metallic seal. Within the container is a serving of pudding. It can be eaten to heal 1d4 hp and tastes of butterscotch.

The unsealed smack pack can be used as a projectile with a range of 60 feet. In flight, the pudding will separate from the container into globules that cover a 10' area. Any creature hit by the pudding must pass a wisdom saving throw or be compelled to throw any foodstuffs in their possession in a random direction. Any food thrown in this manner has the same effect as the pudding.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

There's a Boston Pizza ten minutes away and I'm seriously considering it what kind of a loving putz am I

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Bud Firbolg is the best character holy poo poo

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Problem is you said that sarcastically and I agree with it unironically

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Taako starts a line and it cuts to Magnus finishing the sentence partway through. Nobody acknowledges it

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Justin is always the most vocally against doing a live show in Canada, somebody should tell him that BNL are rightly revered as rock gods here.

The first time I saw an American refer to them as a one-hit-wonder I was shook. And it wasn't even for If I Had $1000000!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Maroon is the best BNL album, hands down, but Gordon is a close second and you definitely need to listen to it first.

I've been listening to Not Another D&D Podcast, it's pretty good so far. It's got that same tone of nobody's-taking-this-seriously except the DM that TAZ Balance had for the first half, although there's one player that keeps trying to guess the plot twists out loud ahead of time, I'm hoping she gets over that soon or they're never going to get that "Who?" moment

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The ad for some youtuber I've never heard of that makes a million dollars a day playing video games and screaming racial slurs that popped up and covered the screen for the last thirty seconds was piognant too, but I don't think that was part of the original video

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I finally went back and listened to the old episodes on a long drive a couple months ago, and the thing that really stuck out to me was how often Griffin told people to kill themselves

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The best segment was the ad jingles

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I think you can append (except for Justin, he's doing a great job) to a lot of complaints about TAZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That's a live show bit, so look forward to more in 2023