Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Anyone remember that mattress company they advertised a few weeks ago? I'm in the market for a new one. Anyone try one? I remember it had a 90-day return policy and they ship it for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I got a Casper mattress and it's the comfiest bed I've ever laid down in. I've slept like the dead every single night since I got it. Also got a 10-pack of MeUndies and they rule. My first Blue Apron comes tomorrow, and I am an adult who knows how to cook but sometimes you just don't want to plan and go to the store, you know? I trust the brothers pretty well and I think it's easy to tell the difference between them advertising something they don't really care about and something they actually use and love.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the donor bonus content? I entered the password from the email they sent but it says it's wrong. Did they change it to a new one after/during the fund drive?

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I am finding this arc exceedingly difficult to get through. I recently listened to the donor bonus episode with the sandcastle dungeon and the difference is stark. It's full of goofs, fun, and interaction. I'm really growing weary of Griffin's massive exposition dumps that started in The Crystal Kingdom. This arc takes it to a new level - all these rich, intricate world he created with almost nothing for the players to actually do.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I think Travis's response when he instantly agreed to let the mushroom planet people die sums up this arc - nothing matters and there are so far no real consequences. How are we supposed to care about any of this?

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Yeah I've been getting into CGI in a major way. I started a few months ago and I'm excited to get into the backlog. The vitality egg episode was one of my favorites so far but I have really enjoyed them all.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Holy moly how does anyone watch that show. Slow down a little! The brothers were great as expected but the format's break-neck pace was a major turn-off.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Wait, I skimmed the last 5 pages or so but there's still nothing concrete, right? Why is everyone acting like CGI and such are done, or did I miss something?

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Yeah I loved boys and girls in the city but I dipped out after a few episodes of Aloha State. I don't know why exactly but the magic just wasn't there.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I would be stoked to just get weekly videos of Justin and Griffin playing just about anything.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Before they had their website, housekeeping used to take anywhere up to ten minutes. Not worth it for one final question - I used to skip it too.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Morpheus posted:

There's no way housekeeping takes up a sixth of an episode, does/did it?

It used to be really bad. I'm listening backwards and just finished episode 42. 53 minutes long, housekeeping starts with about 9 minutes remaining. Here and there over the show's run they promise to scale back housekeeping and usually they did for a bit, only to have it come creeping back. Thankfully, starting their website helped a lot because they (usually) no longer name drop every single project they are involved in. It's still overly long though.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

The worst part of this is the same as the worst part of the Stolen Century: almost 0 goofs. I could not care less about all this fandom/anti-fandom crap. I just want some laughs and levity - this entire episode was almost stone cold serious.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, it was just worldbuilding and character establishment. It was never intended to be goof-filled because the actual game hasn't started yet, so just chill.

Go back and listen to the first episode of TAZ. Tons of laughing and goofing. It doesn't have to be so serious!

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

If they choose Amnesty to be their next big arc I’m out, unfortunately. It’s double sad because Duck Newton is an amazing character and I’d love to see what Justin would get into in a system with more freedom. I can only echo what others have said - they’ve consciously moved on from the early goofs toward a more grand narrative style and it’s just not for me.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I think one of them described a meal he’d made as a “bagel monstrosity”

I didn’t get this at all. It was just a sandwich on a bagel.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I wouldn’t mind if munch squad was a whole podcast. It’s honestly become one of my favorite parts of MBMBAM. I guess there’s not nearly enough material though so I’ll take what I can get.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I have super high hopes for Dust after that episode. Don’t let me down boys!

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

If Amnesty becomes the next long arc I’m dipping out. I’m solidly in camp Dust - the players’ characters are all interesting and the setting and mechanics rule so far. Plus that line about whiskey in a barrel totally convinced me of Travis’ exposition capabilities.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Dolash posted:

I'm actually a little surprised at how strong the positive reception for Dust has been, I came away thinking it was still finding its feet. Justin and Clint in particular seemed like they were still trying to figure out their characters a bit

No poo poo, that was the first episode. What do you expect?

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Bummer. I’ll always be thankful for the lightning in a bottle we got with Balance, but there’s no way I can take a year+ of Griffin’s story time with occasional input from the actual players. It doesn’t help that Aubrey and Ned weren’t interesting to me in the slightest. I really would have liked to hear more of Dust, especially if Travis could hone his NPC voices and storytelling. Oh well.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Colonel Whitey posted:

Any of y’all tried a Casper mattress? I’m in the market

I have a King and I super duper love it. Been sleeping it for almost two years now and it’s been great every single night.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I know we aren’t supposed to like Nick anymore but I’ve been working my way through the back catalog of cool games inc. and it’s so goddamn hilarious and good. I miss it so much!

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Holy moly the question about 5 blades in the latest MBMBAM was an all-timer. I love when they help aspiring authors.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

I listened to it and never found it very funny I unsubscribed to it way before the poo poo with nick happened.

Shame. I love MBMBAM to death but I usually don’t get tears from laughing like I do from CGI.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Got tickets to MBMBAM and TAZ in San Jose. I’ve never been to any of their live shows so I’m pretty excited!

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

They mark exactly what spices and in what quantities go into the spice blend. It’s actually incredibly convenient.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Waiting for TAZ live in San Jose to start. My first McElroy live show! I’ll be at MBMBAM tomorrow as well. There are so many people here - tons of great costumes.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

The live show last night blew away my expectations. It was maybe my favorite live episode yet (not sure how much of that feeling is because I was actually there). For posters saying they were worried about them getting sick of revisiting Tres Horny Boys, I wouldn’t worry. They were very clearly having a blast up there.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

MBMBAM San Jose was awesome. Only one of the audience questions was slightly awkward and the energy of the crowd was incredible. So glad I finally got to catch the live show - I laughed way harder than I do when I’m listening alone.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I’m just super tired of the trio CONSTANTLY being split up in Amnesty. The magic in Balance is from them all playing together but nearly every episode in Amnesty has has substantial solo stories and they are so much less interesting.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

flatluigi posted:

good news! they in fact continue to be funny

Just twice per episode instead of twice per minute.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

In San Jose TAZ had no preshow and was about an hour and a half total. MBMBAM had 30 min Sawbones, 30 min Schmanners, and a a bit over an hour MBMBAM.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Caught up on Adventure Zone. I’m so out of caring about the plot, and the trio has been split up for eons now. I can’t wait for this entire Amnesty saga to be over. Hopefully whatever they do next recaptures the Balance magic.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I’m with you. This story is a clusterfuck and pretty much none of the side characters are memorable or have any personality. I still am with it for the good boys and the goofs but I hope they get back to basics after this.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

George H.W. oval office posted:

I don't care what system they go with next but I hope it's a silly story and the goofs are a flowin.

Me too but I think it’s time to give up this hope. Their new direction seems pretty solidified at this point. It started with the Stolen Century and they’ve never looked back.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Glad Amnesty is over. It just never really worked for me. I did enjoy the finale though, especially Duck’s. Justin is just so drat good at improv. I hope whatever they do next is a little lighter in tone and more fun.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

The latest TAZ lives show was better than any episode of Amnesty. Goodness I hope the next saga is funny and not so drat serious and self-important.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

This single episode was better than anything in Amnesty. I’m so on board. My only complaint was that a ton of NPCs were introduced and I didn’t exactly understand who they all were. But I’m sure it will clear up. Really excited for this season!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Ariong posted:

Justin’s character might have been the best, but Griffin got the most laughs out of me this time. He just keeps nailing his character’s amazing deadpan reactions to his incredibly lovely situation.

Griffin really knocked out of the park as a PC. His quips were so consistently great.