Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Has griffin done songs before? Where to I go find them, the maximum fun drive song owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

This coolgamesinc features Nick teaching Garfield the Deals Warlock to drive.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Well, he's certainly lame.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

When are we going to get a polygon show ft. Jon Bois? They work for the same company as our boys

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Nick would never say something sexual that he didn't mean in the pursuit of twitter comedy

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Is it time to name this controversy? I vote for LandonGate

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Who What Now posted:

Everyone at Polygon is gonna be a Fallout Boy after Nick becomes radioactive.

Sorry, but skyrim is the one where you Imagine Dragons

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

god the TAZ ad is so bad

This ad was a critical hit! <Fart noises>

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Sawbones without the uncouth interrupting fool man
Rose Buddies without The Bachelor-related content

Wonderful except with Bachelor content instead

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

They should keep amnesty, but let Clint DM it.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Nuebot posted:

It'd actually be kind of funny if for an experimental thing they just rotated who was DMing each episode or something. It'd be a clusterfuck but entertaining.

If they stay with monster of the week, they can each do a different monster! That would be sick

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

I wish they'd do less horse-based content though

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

um excuse me posted:

But for real playing characters they cant really relate to sometimes doesnt work (Aubrey)

I feel this is exactly the issue, not whatever identities they try to assume. There's easily parts of Justin's character in Irene and Duck, and people were saying that Griffin was too similar a person to Remy, but Travis has almost nothing in common with Nadiya or Aubrey in reality.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Your list is missing Beacon, eternal #1

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Rodyle posted:

Well Elementary was pretty bad, but going into the backlog both the origin story and the beach adventure were some proper Tres Horny Boys business.

Counterpoint: the increasingly important clues made me laugh so hard I choked

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Vargs posted:

Combat and inventory management are trash. 8/10 is fair.

Also, it was a buggy mess at launch

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

I think that Aubrey is a fine character, but her relationship with vampire lady drives me nuts. It feels so shallow, and the "Is she cute?" question in the chapter she was introduced in is like a "woke" version of the "Is the princess hot" gross thing that terrible D&D players do.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Eox posted:

Cool Games Inc left a hole in all of our hearts, some people are just dumb enough to want a barely-repentant harasser back because of it

It was on average the funniest McElroy podcast.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Note the recent absence of lord wacky bun buns, OBGYN

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

This TAZ felt short because it was 20% Aubrey explaining her faux-Wiccan beliefs by volume

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

PUBG tried to send out a hat and free fun bucks as an apology for the game going down unexpectedly (which it does constantly)

The fun bucks are just enough to buy A. another hat or B. a loot box you need to spend real money to open

also a bunch of people didn't get the apology items and they promised an apology gift for the apology gift to come later

all in the week where Blops IIII came out

In all fairness in the great Pubg / Fortnite war, PUBG runs a lot better than it used to now, and making battle royales is really hard - there’s a lot of server and gameplay issues in Blops4 that are showing up as the shine comes off the apple.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Yeah that cliffhanger post was positive, give me lots of interwoven plot threads. The flashbacks mid-action are a little jarring though.

The only one that weirded me out was Duck getting beacon for the first time, because it was while he was mid stroke basically at the goat man. I thought there was going to be some sword violence in Duck's past or something.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Does anybody besides me miss Rose Buddies? It was such a great show, and by comparison I feel like Wonderful is bland

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

I think that part of the aversion to a patreon is that while they would be rolling in cash, they seem incapable of producing content at the rate of say chapo or episode one (2 eps a week or at least an ep a week for the adventure zone).

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

okay I know this is petty but I'm catching up on Amnesty and also it annoyed the poo poo out of me when Aubrey character spent a point of luck to have that hornet not tell anyone what happened, and Griffin just ignored it in the next arc because he wanted the hornets interference dynamic anyways. Travis spent a non-renewable resource to influence the narrative and Griffin shat all over it. There were plenty of ways that he could've still had the hornets interfering without having that one guy go back on his promise. Hell, it would've even been an interesting scene to have Aubrey confront him about it, and have the guy say "no i didn't say anything, but if things get any worse, I might have to" instead of just doing the whole loving thing offscreen. At least give Travis that luck point back since you completely loving negated the effects.

God.

This is true and I agree its lazy, but god I want Travis to run out of luck points soon

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Me, with two minutes to go on the latest TAZ: ugh another filler episode
Also me, with zero minutes to go on the latest TAZ: :shepface:

The new taz was very good in my opinion, it was actually funny

Also Hallis continues to have a reasonable perspective on the whole thing, even though they’re going to end up going bad

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Joel owns, this is the ultimate power move

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

NieR Occomata posted:

Imagine paying somewhere in the neighborhood of a hundred dollars a ticket to see TAZ live only to get subjected to the bad boring adventures of Bisexual Mary Sue and two literal pieces of white bread in the shape of humans.

If you’re this reductive in how you see the characters, why are you even listening?

And I’m someone who does agree that Aubrey is the worst part of this arc

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

People on Facebook were mad about this because they were “invading gay spaces” lmao

Good for them for putting money to their beliefs though

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

flatluigi posted:

'people on facebook' have every opinion on everything if you look hard enough

Fair, but this is in the notably insane McElroy Facebook group that the brothers used to be a part of

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

dantheman650 posted:

Me too but I think it’s time to give up this hope. Their new direction seems pretty solidified at this point. It started with the Stolen Century and they’ve never looked back.

It’s entirely possible that a Clint or Justin lead arc might have a lighter tone

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Xander B Coolridge posted:

My favorite Awful Squad moment unfortunately had Nick in it.

It was an early episode where they dropped in nude. Nick and Griffin trapped a dude in a shed and punched him to death. Moments later his teammates showed up to avenge him and we get this amazing profile shot of a naked dude just getting mowed down by gunfire while both of the boys panic

I had a similar one with nick hiding behind a wall while griffin is brutally executed right in front of him

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Ariong posted:

Time-a to get-a my butt out!

It’s the best episode of the show they’ve ever done.

EZEKIEL

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

I hope it slaps as much as the amnesty theme

Or the hootenanny theme, which hard slaps and I'm waiting for Griffin to post it

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I think The Adventure Zone might be more popular than one would think.

E: What's really weird is that he's not introducing Kiki because he was in it

I’m mad he didn’t wear the shirt

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

timp posted:

I find it kind of weird that The Besties has not had one ad yet. They always say “let’s take an ad break” or whatever, but then there’s like 2 seconds of silence and they’re back.

I’m certainly not complaining but it does seem odd, right? How is Spotify going to make their money back?

UNLESS...Am I not hearing ads because I have Premium? I literally didn’t think about that until typing this just now, and that would actually make some sense. Can anyone without Spotify Premium confirm if this is the case?

I always figured it was because I have premium, and was excited by the idea of getting other podcasts ad free with the service

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Colonel Whitey posted:

What in the world happened to Drew Davenport? They haven’t read a yahoo from him in like a year. For a while it seemed like he was angling to become the fourth brother he was so ubiquitous.

He had a besties post a little while ago.

Although I wonder if he fell out of good graces due to ~Facebook group drama~ which he was a part of

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Yeah! 35 hairstyles!

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Joel is clearly the McElroys best hatchet man, he rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

I just started relistening today, but Imp Hospital made me stop since it aired, so like 5 months lmao