Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

burning myself on all the blazing hot takes in this thread

People explaining why they don't like things as much as previous entries in the series are absolutely issuing the hottest of hot takes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Supercar Gautier posted:

I do think it's not a great look when you say you're going to re-evaluate the racial representation of your main characters, and then part of your solution is to turn one of them blue. I don't think blue Taako is a bad or racist idea in itself, but in the context of what they promised fans they were doing with the character designs, it's a bit of a faceplant.

Black Merle seems fine to me, though.

Actually if you read the Twitter comments, it's ~PROBLEMATIC~ that the deadbeat dad character is black.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Reprint the TAZ graphic novel, but replace all instances of Taako/Merle/Magnus with three copies of Todd Coolbody

Oh sure, another comic with a white cis male with toxic masculinity as the main character??????????

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Just listen to Big Gulp 7 times?

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Crystal Kingdom is my least favorite just because of how strong it starts before gradually petering out into nothing. It really peaks with HodgePodge from a comedic standpoint while also peaking with Merle's arm from a "dramatic" standpoint, and nothing afterwards really compares in either of those areas.

However, it's still Pretty Good.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Travis is KILLING it tonight.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

TAZ won't be coming out today.

Also the episode is 2 hours.

It really does sound like they want to end on episode 69, which is too nice for words.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Judge Schnoopy posted:

I tried really hard to just let it go and let Russ be Russ. Griffin tells everybody to get in the tall grass, find a direction to look, and watch for incoming guys.

Russ goes prone and crawls two loving laps around a hut, making himself obviously visible and not actually watching for enemies one bit. His inability to sit still pushed some major parenting buttons for me that made me wring my phone in disgust.

Yeah, this was the first time I tried watching Awful Squad, and he seemed like the worst option out of literally anybody else on the stream. If he was better at the game, OR if he was funny, OR if he competently followed the action, it'd be fine. However, he does none of those things well at all, while anybody else in the group excels at at least 1 of those.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I know he does like female selfies on Twitter a lot, so that lends a little more credence to the matter. That said, people should just say what they mean to say instead of doing this cliquish Mean-Girls rumor mill "I know somebody who knows someone who" malarkey.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Serf posted:

I mean I like selfies on Twitter all the time because getting your selfie liked is a good feeling.

But they weren't his wife's!!!!!!!!!!!

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I also wonder if Polygon has an "open" enough community where that'd be different, though.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Nick should go on the Bachelor(ette).

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

SlimGoodbody posted:

Why is it so unbelievable that people who like the McElroy shows, which are ardently supportive of not being a piece of poo poo, are also fans of not being a piece of poo poo

why is that consigned to the realm of virtue signaling pap for you

Because this fandom and section of Twitter, good intentioned as they almost always are, are caught in a loop of trying to show how mad they are instead of, again, offering shows of support to victims.

E: Not necessarily talking about the verified accounts/ people with personal ties to Nick, but the endless armchair analysts shouting into the void over and over.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Nuebot posted:

It's especially unfortunate because like, a lot of touch the skyrim for example has the sex mods and this news just puts a skeevy context on some of the jokes and bits that makes it go from awkward to uncomfortable.

Even though Griffin was the one who installed the mods?

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I also want to make sure that my post above didn't come off as smarmy, I'm legitimately wondering how much of a difference it might make.

The most I can currently relate to it is seeing OJ in the Naked Gun... But obviously there's a huge difference in severity there.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

purple death ray posted:

I think there's actually an old episode of mbmbam where Griffin starts doing very obnoxious loud Borat in response to Justin doing his Austin Powers

Austin Powers 4 absolutely needs to have Borat in it now.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

*Fade in from black, Austin is holding a blonde bombshell in his arms in a heart-shaped bed. Borat walks in*

"My wife!!!"

CREDITS

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Darn it!!

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Comedy option: Just listen to the "Previously On" segments at the beginning of each episode.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Yeah, all this Polygon chat is really drowning out all the MBMBAM chat that's happened since Monday

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

What does everyone think of Elliot Kalan's voice?

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Why have an HR group when Twitter exists?

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Conan was hysterical in-game, but it went on for the perfect time.

E: Same with the second life ones. Or really a ton of them.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

My first McElroy-ish encounter was when Justin submitted a story for a Breaking Madden character. I re-read them a few days ago and realized it was him!

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Beef and Dairy Network has a pretty good ad.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

People that listen to podcasts are more often then not middle-class/ upper-middle-class young white people, and their parents usually did not teach them things like "how to cook" or "how to laundry".

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

CHICKEN DINNER ACHIEVED

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Everything gives him diarrhea and he can't make it through a one hour show without a piss break. Boy maybe needs to change his diet

But I thought Blue Apron taught him A Better Way to Cook™.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Stroop There It Is posted:

The only ones I listen to are the Money Zone, because you get poo poo like the above, the debut of Garfield the Deals Warlock, and the Extreme Restraints ads.

I listen to the whole ad section of MBMBAM (minus the other MaxFun ad) because the brothers are usually together to riff. I always skip Adventure Zone or scenarios where it's just one of the bros talking about the product/ jumbotron by themself.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Judge Schnoopy posted:

I thought it was really odd in the ad spot that Griffin said he had no advertisers for this week. Is that because it's an off-week and they haven't sold the ad space yet? I really hope they're not losing advertisers, and I can't imagine it would happen that quickly. But it's worrisome when they do an hour of content and don't cash in.

I bet they have TAZ set up as a bi-weekly ad feature, and this was an "off-week" episode so to speak. There weren't any ads for the set-up epiode either.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Ainsley McTree posted:

I don’t really care about character voices, and I’m pretty sure that Justin’s anger about them is just a bit...

Yeah, considering during balance he was the only one of the 3 doing a consistent voice at all.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXMdTerc5J4

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

When will they come to Pittsburgh drat it, its one state over!!!! :argh:

They may all be Marshall boys, but Pitt can always and forever eat poo poo.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Same poo poo!

The Reddit is by far the most normal of the Tumblr/Facebook/Reddit triumvirate

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Colonel Whitey posted:

Who knew Al Roker had such a cold, dark heart

I am only about 40% kidding when I say that I wouldn't be surprised if Al Roker had actually murdered a human being.

(Other than with words)

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Yeah no discussion allowed

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I do wish in retrospect that the mini-arcs would have been more about doing one-offs and finding out which system worked for their playstyle, instead of pilots that have to do double duty of setting up a long-term narrative. Amnesty 1 (6) was pretty good, and if we started with THAT I don't think there'd be near as much unease.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Pigbuster posted:

Monster Seeking Monster is one of the best multiplayer games I've ever played but I'm not sure it really streams/youtubes well since most of the fun is in taking part in a cartoon version of internet dating and only a couple of exchanges are actually displayed on the screen. Also a lot of the groups I've seen play it inevitably turn into just pure strategizing rather than any roleplay which is dull as ditchwater.

I just realized MSM is the inverse of SMS :catdrugs:

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Coffee And Pie posted:

Has anyone every photoshopped David to have a normal, massive, or simply erect dingus?

They talk about how David was a grower in 2 Samuel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I know Nick is persona non grata around here.

I know that he's a giant weirdo and has made dozens of lives less liveable, and he hasn't done much to undo that.

But holy poo poo.
https://youtu.be/V2RytpvQ9BA