Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

I think that was just this random thing Travis did specifically for a MBMBAM league last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Lin-Manuel has said that song is MBMBAM influenced (specifically the "do whatever you want, I'm super dead" part). Of course there's also the much more direct "Unless... unless..." in "We Know".

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Which Travis was totally right about, too. Projectionists gently caress up matting all the time. Though less so nowadays with digital.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

He also produces Baby Geniuses.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Lor posted:

PS: Did Freddy Wong actually contribute to the response as mentioned in the episode? Was it a tweet? I can't seem to find it and would love to see it.

https://twitter.com/fwong/status/696735878677303296

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

From http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/15/theater/hamilton-takes-a-road-trip-to-the-white-house.html?_r=0:

quote:

Brody Brown, a student at Loudoun County High School, asked him what inspired his creative process.

“All of it,” Mr. Miranda said, name-checking the rappers Big Pun and Biggie Smalls, as well as crediting Shakespeare, the Bible, podcasts and the Beatles.

McElroys literally God tier, confirmed.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Travis has talked about how he enjoys painting his nails. Though I think he usually branches out to not just black nail polish.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

This week's Final Yahoo is almost but not exactly the same Final Yahoo as http://mbmbam.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_276:_Luda_Tells_It_Best

What the hell, are there just that many people out there jonesin' for Stalin's haircut?

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

The Playstation Theater already has a larger capacity than the Richard Rodgers.

(Saw LMM tweeting he won't be able to go to the show because he has a show that night, but man that must especially sting considering how close the two theaters are to each other.)

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Man, the Paul Hollywood segment got to Paul Montana but nobody mentioned Joe.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Baby Geniuses is super good.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

CronoGamer posted:

As if we needed another reason not to like Maxfun...

*eyeroll*

Monday was Labor Day. They sometimes release eps on major holidays but usually not.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

The static is something else than then standard BoB stuff. It was specifically pointed out by June as very strange. I'm assuming it has something to do with the deaths mentioned by Kravitz.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

graventy posted:

Nope, before that Justin and Sydnee did Satellite Dish which was wonderful and too beautiful for this world.

Satellite Dish was after Losing the Sheen.

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

I dunno how bullshit this is or not but there's a google doc floating around stating that whatever happened at the end of the latest CGI animated is the start of some ARG that might in fact tie in with the new Overwatch character that is supposed to be announced. Sounds unlikely but its a hilarious "theory" either way, but I don play Overwatch so cannot ascertain how bullshit it is or not.

I'm pretty sure Nick just puts in random poo poo to troll people. The "haunted" video call Car Boys ep got popular on Tumblr and caused people to accuse them of shilling for the Blair Witch movie which made absolutely no sense but there's still idiots out there looking to poo poo on Polygon any chance they get.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

The Director isn't "canonically" dark-skinned. There's no TAZ "canon" to any character's skin tones. And if we're going by fan-art portrayals as "typical" (which is what you actually meant to say)

It's always fun when somebody is a complete rear end about something _and_ is 100% wrong.

kmzh fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Dec 31, 2016

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

I'm sure they'll get there themselves but I really really want to see heavy wind + low/negative gravity

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Morpheus posted:

So I'm listening to one of the latest Still Buffering episodes, and holy poo poo Teylor needs to get a new mic. It's pretty much

Sydnee: *says something*
Rilegh: *says something*
Teylor: *blown out sounds*
Rilegh: *says so *more blown out sounds from Teylor* mething*

I think there was something wrong with that recording. Rileigh actually put up a short apology on the feed about it.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

I think it's a goof one of them came up with and now they're running with it.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Apparently Griffin looked like Ditto from the Hi & Lois comic when he was a baby. They've mentioned it here and there but here's one source:

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2jjhc2/we_are_justin_and_travis_mcelroy_of_the_podcast/clcax52/

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Oh poo poo, new canon! https://www.facebook.com/mr.be.there/posts/10154924758990845

Clint McElroy posted:

For three decades, the story has been shrouded in mystery..
'Why do you call Griffin "Ditto"?'
This being his 30th birthday, I can share the true story:
He is NOT named for Ditto in the comic strip.
Justin and Travis always had trouble saying 'Griffin', so they co-opted their prounciation of "Cheerios", which was 'dittos'.
I feel the need to clarify that because in Websters, the word 'ditto' means a similar thing, a duplicate....
Griffin is a duplicate of no one.
He is one of the most unique entities I have ever encountered in my many adventures...
And I couldn't be prouder of him as a hsband, father, son, brother, and man

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

I thought this latest episode was really really good. Like, way better than the non-press conference parts of the last one.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Arsenic Lupin posted:

That was really sweet and funny. When Barry was The Lover, I'd assumed it was Lup. Heterocentric me! I do really really want to get back to the format where the boys are interacting with each other more.

Wait, I'm confused. Doesn't this episode just confirm Barry/Lup?

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Paramount just releases some tickets for the Austin TAZ/MBMBAM shows.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Nick is talking about Divx discs and they were totally a thing. You'd get them for cheap and could watch them for a couple days then pay like a full DVD price to unlock it and we had a billion of them because we got them for like nothing when the format failed.

Divx were controlled by some kind of online DRM and had to be played in special players. The "self-destructing" DVDs were something else. Looks like it would have been either Flexplay or DVD-D.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

"Are we recording Rose Buddies?"
"I don't know which one this is."

Wait, where was this from?

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

timp posted:

On the topic of Griffin, has anybody in this thread checked out the story he wrote for the Star Wars anthology? I heard him mention it on a podcast or two and honestly wasn't even sure if it was a goof or not, but a quick Google shows that it's real and it's out there. http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-from-a-certain-point-of-view-anthology-book-celebrates-40-years-of-a-galaxy-far-far-away

Any first hand reviews? Would a non Star Wars extended universe fan get anything out of it?

It's not out until October.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

"I of course know the real answer, which I could totally say, but won't, because reasons" is basically the equivalent of what Justin said. If you think he was being serious there, then... oof.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

So the FB TAZ mods had to make a post that amounted to, "If you're going to make art about the highschool live show, please know that the characters would be minors so... don't be a creep."

OF COURSE there are comments defending pedo poo poo because... ugh.

Fandoms are trash.

I don't think people were posting creepy art, it looks like people were responding to fanart with creepy comments. Which is still bad, of course.

I've honestly not seen much risque TAZ fanart of any kind.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Monster Factory schedule has always been erratic.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Arsenic Lupin posted:

e: Has Travis disclosed where he's going, or does he prefer privacy?

I think on Kind Rewind he said they're still in Cincy, they're just moving from a rental place to a house they bought.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Kenny Logins posted:

I feel like that Chappelle picture is extremely old news.

https://twitter.com/justinmcelroy/status/456844835639398400
https://twitter.com/justinmcelroy/status/583611007328624640

It's made the rounds a few times in the past. Just like every once in a while somebody discovers Peace on the Playground anew.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

RandomPauI posted:

What's the song they're using for the TAZ commitment theme?

Griffin original, I'm pretty sure.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

They had a pretty popular podcast while they were at Joystiq as well.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Lots of people breaking the Midnight Amendments in this thread.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

I'm assuming they'll all get released in some form sooner or later, even if somewhat abridged like the Chicago shows. They had a lot of live shows in the can and people always complain when there's too many released together, so I'm guessing they're saving them up to be released slowly.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

Don’t think so. You can check a “what podcasts do you listen to” box which allegedly directs the money, but I assume max fun gets the lion’s share no matter what

The last time they gave concrete numbers, it was something like 30% goes to MaxFun and the rest is distributed evenly among the podcasts you check off. Not sure if they do any rebalancing for podcasts with fewer episodes or whatever.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Yes! Now we don't have to talk about polygon anymore!

Maybe he can do something with Nick again!

gently caress off.

Pastrymancy posted:

They did kill a few of the video segments off the youtube channel last week. I'm a little concerned

I'm actually hopeful this means they'll be able to keep everybody else on staff. Clearing off some cap space, as it were. But who knows.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Keep in mind people kept complaining about too many live show releases, so they're much more reticent to release multiple live episodes close to another now. And with them on tour, that means there's going to be a backlog of unreleased live episodes.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

So, did they just not release an episode this week?

Just dropped in Pocketcasts for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yeah I just got it. Normally it's Monday though, correct?

Yeah, Monday's the normal schedule. They'll usually say if something comes up and it gets delayed to Tuesday, but not this time. I'm guessing maybe the Guestpert segment was the cause.