Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
MaxFun seems like complete garbo and I have never been even vaguely tempted to listen to a non-McElroy MaxFun show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

PBS Newshour posted:

This thread gets weird sometimes with other Maxfun stuff, yeah you are not going to like everything. I don't like everything on Earwolf or everything on a TV channel. That doesn't mean the thing I like is automatically the only good thing their.

If the ads are at all reflective in any way of the the quality of the rest of the shows then that it 100% the case.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
It's been a long time since Taako got a new Taco part

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Waffleman_ posted:

I used the word boy this very day to refer to a recent reconstruction of a dinosaur that's being hailed as the most accurate one to date.

I love this dinoboy.

That's a beautiful boy

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

showbiz_liz posted:

I can't really get on board with the idea that comedy, unlike every other art form ever, is too sacred and delicate to ever analyze or examine.

It's just not funny to do so.

Just like how horror isn't horrific when analysed, drama isn't dramatic when analysed and tragedy isn't tragic when analysed.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxwW5d9MP9A

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Tarantulas are perfect little kiwis and should always be loved.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Travis343 posted:

I havent listened to the episode but Im gonna say Justin at least casually vapes but Griffin does not in the traditional sense (he does it but with weed)

Travis could go either way

That is the meanest thing I've ever seen someone say about Justin

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Stairmaster posted:

isn't vaping with weed the original form of vaping?

Electronic cigarettes were invented by some guy in China to try and help people quit somking

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

I was listening to the episode with the car horns bit earlier today!!!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
https://www.gog.com/game/spore_collection

For all your Ja'am needs.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I've been thinking about how good Sonic Dreams Collection is recently

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I think that destroying the relics and freeing up aspects of whatever divine being was used to make them is secretly the key to stopping the Hunger or whatever. The Director definitely isn't evil and I don't think that she'd secretly just be dumping them into a bag of holding. Maybe the Tres Horny Boys weren't Red Robes but were involved with them and had their memories altered so they could enter the Bureau and destroy the relics without exposing Red Robes.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
gently caress Blue Apron

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

El Burbo posted:

I work for FedEx so I can inform everyone that boxes of lizards (plus snakes and many other small reptiles) do in fact get sent in the same bins as your amazon packages

Tarantulas too

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

TACD posted:

This may be a minority opinion but I feel like they really didn't probe the limits of what's possible in Spore. I distinctly remember it being possible to do things like attach legs to other legs and hold down a key combination to make asymmetrical creatures.

Yeah, you could hold A to make a part asymmetrical. Kinda a shame that they missed that but gently caress it, Spore's busted and unstable anyway

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

SexyBlindfold posted:

I'm so glad this thread exists. I only got exposed to McElroys & friends rather recently due to their various video game antics, but I've been wanting to get into TAZ and MBMBaM for a while. But, like it tends to happen with established podcasts, the sheer volume of what they have so far is pretty intimidating! should I just pick it up from the start, or would it be safe to jump in at any point?

Anyway I did some Car Boys fanart.

Hope right into MBMBAM but start TAZ from the beginning. MBMBAM has more topical humor and episodes aren't really connected while TAZ is a continuous narrative.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

DoctorWhat posted:

Those ads really are cloying, made worse by how poorly they're mixed. They don't seem genuine in the slightest - The Greatest Generation has the goddamn PICARD SONG in its ad and comes across more sincere and interesting.

MaxFun's style guide for ads must be designed to make them as lovely as possible. I only just realized which ad was for Judge John Hodgeman because I usually reflexively skip it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

pee out my butt posted:

JJH is the only good MaxFun ad because that "Ayers Rock." "Uluru." bit is actually funny.

The opening "Tie is a pedantic person" line makes me immediately try to skip

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

greatn posted:

My favorite cohost was the video editor who wouldn't allow the basketball men to move, and the giants had to be in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni_8BzPNbjs

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Jesse Thorn from JJGO! wrote up a tumblr post about some Penny Arcade debacle he unwittingly found himself in. Really paints those PA dudes as giant scumbags if it's true. It's a good read, link here.

They're huge shitheads and I'm surprised that people don't realize it. Look at how often they've directed their fans to harass random people who may or may not have slighted them.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

flatluigi posted:

Penny Arcade is the worst and I really wish some alternative to PAX would show up and become something major because it's just repellent in so many different ways

remember when, after lots of criticism on how unwelcome PAX was getting to anyone who wasn't a straight white dude, they decided that the thing to do was to sequester all minority devs into a 'Diversity Lounge' where all those Diverse people were free to Be Diverse separate from the rest of the convention

And then it was filled with the white guy entourage of the worse one.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'm a big fan of My Brother, My Brother and Me and all related content, idk about you guys

Sorry but I'm only interested in complaining online

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Kenan is going to post in the thread if we make it to page 350

Woah!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

well why not posted:

hate to stop the chat about how much we all love Nick to talk about PA, but :

What's the fuckin' lowdown here?! Lotta zoophilia accusations at PA

A reoccurring "joke" is that one of thr main characters wants to gently caress animals. They continue to make this "joke" even though they're both full grown men with wives and children.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Waffleman_ posted:

"You gotta have D if you want...If you don't...If you...Don't shed your....Don't...shed your ski-...Don't shed that chitin, put....gently caress!!!!"

Scorpions glow under UV light. My improvement would be making them glow in the dark.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Babylonian posted:

I'll give you a hint: it involves one of the top 10 best selling games of the past 5 years. :3:

Call Of Duty: Any Of Them?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
NUzlocke rules make the games infinitely more tedious IMHO

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

BigRed0427 posted:

I started from episode one of the Adventure zone. I'm guessing the show picks up once the gang figures out the rules? Or at least agrees on a house rule set and sticks to it? Because a lot of the fun this show can be is getting lost in die rolls and explaining the rules.

Yeah, rules, dice and descision making get way faster as they get used to the rules.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Tatum Girlparts posted:

bikes killed our entire family

okay

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Which is great because he's 100% wrong because Bug type has gotten buffed ever single gen and they're kind of a loving beast nowadays.

Bug type gyms are still generally really early and weak though

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Travis will legally change his name to Magnus when the campaign is over

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I hope that this means that Busto and Gridmap are going to be put away for a while, them humour wells are dry

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, they realized there was no way to really give that subplot a satisfying conclusion without arranging it beforehand, which is kind of against the spirit of the joke in the first place.

It wouldn't surprise me if it somehow came up at the very end of the series

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Inzombiac posted:

I have this weird thing where I reflexively associate colors and objects to sounds. Voices are no different. Considering the huge amount of time I spend on the phone for work, it comes in handy.

Even though no one asked:
Justin is a plum.
Travis is hay.
Griffin is a pear jelly bean.

Oh poo poo those are all food, in a sense.

Hay is for horses

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Ignoranus posted:

Which thing is this now that's good?

A Polygon youtube series

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

well why not posted:

Yeah, Garfield Heights is nice but Gridmap (small) and Extreme Testing Ground are so much more interesting. I really want them bring the cannon over to some of the more abstract / outlandish parts of the other maps. Or just bring back the planes because those things are goddamn hilarious without fail.

Even when it's not incredible, the show is still so much fun. It makes me laugh more than most 'real' television shows which is pretty amazing for a show that's just two dudes with a bad video game and some mics.

It's really too bad that flying vehicles broke at some point. Would've loved to see Iron Guy flying into things

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
"People wanting fiction to be less white creates Nazis" has to one of the stupidest things I see on the internet on a regular basis. No one who isn't already racist gives a poo poo about white characters no longer being white.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Punkin Spunkin posted:

THats not what I said but keep fighting the good fight over video games and d&d and comic book movies and poo poo, those are def the real priorities right now

Great concern trolling in the funny goodboys podcast thread, really good use of your time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Man right now I'm concerned with my family not being attacked on the street for their creed and color and people in my life who would be homeless if it weren't for medicare, go gently caress yourself for real, I'll give it a poo poo about whether or not someone looks like me in a comic book movie when the threats are less existential maybe

Yeah, post more in this good good boys thread to complain about comics instead of going out and helping people, great use of your effort and time and definitely not stupid. I'm sure everyone appreciates your brave posts telling people that comic books should be white because otherwise white people get mad.