Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
It may be just me, but I prefer the McElboys playing D&D to the new stuff. I like the new Amnesty characters and overall plot, but I signed up for D&D.

I don't get how people lose their minds for characters they've heard of before at live shows, but people do it for stage plays and musicals too (and it's equally as lost on me.) Doesn't hurt me any, though, so whatevs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
McElroy fans are another breed of hivemind snowball rolling down a hill in Hell. The Midnight Amendments, to them, are a mere suggestion.

I belong to some mental health groups and they seem to make a lot of fragile people's head stuff worse.

Don't do a fandom.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Ticketmaster is bad at their job. Their "best seat" feature just gives you a "another fan has grabbed this ticket, sorry!" message. Gotta scroll midway down to even have a chance at getting any.

Going to the Chicago show. I was pretty close to the lady with seven parrots the last time around, that was a hoot. Got me a good question to ask, who knows?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

vlad3217 posted:

Yeah I think my Chicago tickets were 43, and 58 with fees

Yeah. Same here.

Also the Ticketmaster app is just as terrible as their website. Just the worst.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe it's the connecting thread in the MCU (McElroy 'Casting Universe*.)

*gotta workshop this name more, folks.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
When they come for us, all the government jackbooted thugs will have to do is yell "Angus McDonald!" and our positions will be given away. No amount of hoarded AR-15 (NOT ASSAULT RIFLES MOM GAWWWWD) semiautomatic carbines can save us now.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

Also I have been incredibly ready for Munch Squad to die for a month or two but then we had Haunted Munch Squad and yeah now I'm fine with having it around until now.

The Chicago show on the 14th had... an AntiMunch Squad. Wait and see.

Anyhoo, there will always be money unless we go straight back to the barter system because most of us are dead from the fallout of global warming/capitalism. Money's not the problem. Earning a living as an entertainer or doctor isn't the problem. Having sponsors isn't the problem.

Allowing money a voice or the ability to count as a person (what else is a corporation than a pile of money that wants to get bigger?) is the problem. But hey, that's capitalism. And once it is (if ever) brought to heel, people will not be able to have personal dragon hoards anymore.

Also, I'm very smart, listen to me!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The "The Adventure Zone" Zone Facebook group melted down into slag today as I hit refresh.

Somebody posted about how much they love the TAZ graphic novels and how it relieves some of the stress of their job but made the mistake of admitting to having a law-enforcement adjacent job, so the ACAB folks started to dogpile. The mods asked if maybe people could stay on subject, as it's a DM group, but that was not the required sacrifice. The group no longer exists, but the people who couldn't stand a cop enjoying a comic book based on a podcast started a new one, The "The Adventure Zone" Zone But ACAB™️™️™️. Cops can't join, apparently, and if you're a cop you have to tell them, it's the law. Several hundred members already.

The inmates are in charge of the asylum.

(The current American policing system needs a complete overhaul and I'm not trying to excuse lovely behavior towards marginalized groups, before anyone says anything about that.)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

George H.W. oval office posted:

The brothers and family don’t look at the Facebook groups anymore for good reasons. I guess Justin uses Facebook for his minion memes though

I think I'm gonna follow their example. Laughing at idiots isn't worth it, not if people are being mean to my precious cops.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Travis is going to introduce a new character in TAZ.

Hey everyone I'm [a last name as a first name].
-Why are you dressed so different?
Oh this? It's my uniform, I'm a police officer.
-Well gosh, you are a cop, but we promise that we won't dive any deeper into that aspect of your character now that we've acknowledged how your uniform is noteworthy.

*fanbase implodes*

sexpig by night posted:

yea but he knew what a joke he was rather than becoming one of the Mall Warriors, so he's spared

It sounds like you love cops.

Waffleman_ posted:

You were the one laughing at them FOR being mean to cops, though?

I was the one laughing at them for not knowing when to pick their battles and having a disproportionate response.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

I like the rest of the show, I just think Munch Squad sucks poo poo and has gotten super lazy

Also I'm a bit cranky today so I didn't mean the thing about Justin

Jizz wailing.

Sivart13 posted:

i agree with the group consensus that Riddle Me Piss is good and Munch Squad is bad

the only thing they ever do is read statements like "this food shows the power of the XYZ brand" and then they complain "WHAT does that EVEN MEAN!!"

it means that some shmuck got paid to write a press release about a pizza, Justin. get over it

It sounds like you write ad copy.

Waffleman_ posted:

The only bad thing about Riddle Me Piss is the voice.

It's actually the best part.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I don't know the specifics of Dungeons and Dragons, but is it weird that they have +6 and +8 to some stats at level one?

I never remember those degrees of bonuses even at the end of Balance.

A score of 20, the highest starting score a human can have in any stat would give a +5, as it's +1 for every two above 10, the middle of the road. It's also -1 for every two (or one, in the case of odd numbers) BELOW 10 also.

Nonhuman characters can get higher or lower scores than a standard human of any ethnicity (doesn't matter if you're black, white, whatever, if you're human your race is human) so a Giant (or it's Firbolg subrace) character could easily start out with +8 in Strength or Constitution, depending on Travis's rules for nonhuman characters.

EDIT: oh yeah, and you get two points to spend on stats every two levels I think.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Raserys posted:

and a barbarian/sorcerer is like one of the worst multiclasses in the game

Worst? Or... best?:smug:

Also thanks for the clarifications earlier folks, I thought they were referring to stat points and not skill points.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Is that virtuous, Avatar?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

AndrewP posted:

I don't need them to save the world, but if they're gonna fight I'd like some stakes. Also I wouldn't mind if they just didn't fight because I find listening to DnD fighting mechanics very tedious to follow.

Is your idea of a good Superman movie one where he never puts on the suit and also fights a giant spider?

I'm willing to see how things go. I don't require instant gratification from my long-form storytelling. Just look at Agents of SHIELD. The first 16 episodes were a total slog, but the 17th onward wouldn't have meant so much without them.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

They've got

One song everybody knows

Like Radiohead, right? :razz:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Greetings, Adventurers! is a hilarious D&D podcast and no one ever mentions it.

This is wrong and bad, because Greetings Adventurers! (formerly Drunks & Dragons) is cool, and good.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Fred is on posted:

That's incredible, and it retroactively makes everything Travis does funnier knowing he's had the Triforce of Power tattooed on his chest the whole time.

It does make a lot of sense...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

goblin week posted:

Which McElroy brother do you think would not vote Biden

Travis WANTS to vote for Biden. He's an enthusiastic liberal.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

At that point the response is telling them to delete their social media accounts since apparently literally everything on there is an attack on them

That's cyber bullying, though.

But outrage culture is imaginary also.

\/\/\/ The Internet Makes You Stupid.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Aug 30, 2020

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Bip Roberts posted:

Who would have guessed that brands like nothing more than being interacted with.

Well what else are you supposed to do with a brand, base your entire identity around it? Jeepers.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

eke out posted:

of all the bad mcelroy brothers takes, i do not think "please vote against donald trump" is very high on the list

That's not what Justin said. He said vote for Biden. There are more than two parties.

Technically.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pleads posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That's why he was so specific, yes.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

George H.W. oval office posted:

As long as it's funny who gives a poo poo if they got paid or not?

Goons, apparently.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Tears In A Vial posted:

Thanksgiving is on a Thursday? Does that mean you have to go to work the next day?

On Black Friday? Yes. Many people have to.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
That's a neat idea but nothing will effectively change, he said so himself.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

well why not posted:

Animal Crossing, I bounced straight off of after seeing that it is probably the shallowest game ever made - you do pretty much every activity you'll ever do in the first two hours - i think it's a great "social space" or "design tool" but a boring game. The controls, UI, pace are all just so slow and plodding. It's fun to design an Island, but when I realise that the layout I want would take multiple weeks to accomplish.... no. That's not fun or rewarding. If I want to build something up slowly over weeks and months I'd pay attention to my job or family.

The core loop of "collect stuff, sell it, pay for items/upgrades" is fine, but the RNG / gacha means that if you want to make a cool beach nightclub, and you don't get any cool beach nightclub furnitures, you just have to wait. It felt to me, and I'm aware that this is being dramatic, that I was gambling my time playing AC. I could spend 5 minutes logging on for a chance to get an item. If I didn't get what I wanted, it was a waste of time. Having a job and a family means that time is previous, and I don't want to spend that time in a slot machine for a digital DJ turntable every day.

I do not understand how Griffin has the time to play multiple MMOs and stuff like AC to the level he does.

Anxiety and insomnia.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Where do you think they got it?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

sticklefifer posted:

Travis spotted in an episode of Marvel 616 on Disney+. They don't interview him but he's in a few scenes as a cosplay judge. There's a shot earlier in the episode of one of the TAZ graphic novels too.

It just struck me.

Travis is a Quentin Quire cosplayer 24/7.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Soup du Jour posted:

Uuuuwoah Strong Bad, do you think this segment’s gotten really played out? Feels like we could have moved on a long time ago...

Shut up, Strong Sad.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pennsylvanian posted:

For other Maxfun stuff, I've heard that The Flophouse is good. I actively avoided it after binging Balance and having to hear that really bad promo they cut that made them sound aggressively unfunny. A friend of mine with good taste told me that it was unrepresentative of their content, so I'm going to give it a proper shot one of these days.

The Flop House is really good if you like goofs on bad movies, and their Facebook Group, as a bonus, is mostly full of regular adults that like to talk about movies.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

GoldenJoe posted:

Yeah, maybe we'll also discover that he's friends with LMM, or that he has some lame bit in his podcast where he just reads off entire ads for free, then we can really dunk on this guy.

Wait, You think they should be PAID for Munch Squad? Bold take.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Ok Comboomer posted:

eww papa johns isn’t pizza

Pizza Hut and Domino's are the Big Two.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
All I know about Black and White cookies is how Seinfeld was trying to use them as a metaphor for racial harmony? On the one hand, cool, racial harmony is pretty good, but on the other, the cookie doesn't seem that great so maybe he's a secret racist?

New Yorkers are weird, man. Must be all that Hudson River water they drink.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

um excuse me posted:

I never understood sugar cookies until I had them fresh. Maybe getting a fresh black and white makes it better?

This is a good point!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Stroop There It Is posted:

That's really loving gross and I don't blame them one bit, jfc why does anyone think it's OK to do that about real people? Especially in places the actual people could see it?

eke out posted:

i think a very large portion of their fans are literally teens which explains some of the weird boundary issues

more falafel please posted:

Yeah I don't get this at all. It's only ok with fictional characters because they AREN'T REAL

A great way to avoid all of this is to never tolerate ANY of it ever so the teens don't grow up to think this kind of thing is okay or at least they have the shame to keep it to themselves.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Valentin posted:

looking forward to the new podcast within a podcast, my chapo my chapo and me.

This, but unironically.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Folks, what Travie is doing is called "Muppetting," and it's when you open you open your mouth to smile like a Muppet, because you are part Muppet.*

I do it all the time, because my biggest actual smile doesn't show any teeth and adults were always telling me to show more teeth when I smile but my mouth and lips just won't get with the program.

*I've never seen what the brothers' mom looks like. It would explain a lot.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Farg posted:

glass shark gonna get the fat kid

That's racist or something. Fat shaming? I dunno, what can I pin on you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Colonel Whitey posted:

Whenever this comes up it’s pretty clear there’s a certain segment of people who really want the mcelroys, especially Travis, to get some kind of comeuppance for their yet-to-be-named crimes

Yes, this is Internet. You may have thought it was primarily for porn, but that's a common mistake. It's mostly for being judgmental.