Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

to exclusively produce Big Gulp
Alas, we are not so lucky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
You just have to practice. Putting in the hours is required for any esport

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Never forget that this fuckin' HAPPENED

link
this was some other poo poo though

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Mikedawson posted:

You goddamn weird fetish casuals.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I think that dogs should be able to vote!

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

OneDeadman posted:

But I might also just think this because The F Plus has dehumanized me to fetishes in general.
Well, it is probably mostly this.

once you get deep in the poo poo you realize that like, a whooole lot fetishes basically revolve around extreme sexism, and that makes stuff like vore just seem kinda goofy in comparison because it doesn't mean anything outside of the internet while the kind of people who write huge screeds about how women are cattle or whatever the gently caress are probably really gross to women IRL

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I'm so into the endless inexplicable metamorphosis of the boy mayor of second life

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
also super digging the "90% ironic low effort joke avatars/10% actual sincere high detail sexy furry avatars" composition of that pizza prison dance party

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I literally didn't remember which one was already a dad, also MBMBaM isn't about pushing the envelope in that kind of way, also any comedian who relies upon "edge" to be funny is not a good comedian.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Wake_N_Bake posted:

The DnD personal messages on TAZ are so cringe worthy. That one where a parent said they enjoyed fandoms with their kid... Jesus.
they're actually totally fine you big goon

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
can't loving believe parents would enjoy media with their children. cringe am I right guys

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Guy Mann posted:

Spending $100 to make sure the internet knows what a cool parent you are, on the other hand...
I mean, spending that $100 for the shoutout is always gonna be a frivolous decision if you look at it like that. It's a donation to the podcasters you like, the shoutout is just a lil cherry on top.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Guy Mann posted:

It's a gamer thing. Surprisingly the group that gets super pissy about women and gays also loves "ironically" talking like sissies and calling people daddies.
...that fetish isn't really specifically a gamer thing in any way my dude lol

FutonForensic posted:

The history of games is filled with shames, and we need to mock it as a people.
But can your frame handle the shame, is the real question.

the one ad with the people talking about being "hollywood 30-somethings" and having "incredibly snark-filled discussions" is the most off-putting ad of all time. like it's basically "we're douchebags, please listen to us." no thanks?
greatest generation would be 10x better if they would drop the whole "we're so embarrassed about liking star trek" thing because it just really isn't that funny and even if it was it's the same joke every time. they would also be more funny if they stopped making jokes about the captain molesting wesley, that's also not very funny but they seem to think it's great.

I don't mind any of the other ads really but I have no idea what the beef thing is about or making fun of.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Yeah I was gonna say Song Exploder was one of the few which sounded good from the ad. John Hodgeman's also does, because it's a good premise and he has good showmanship

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
that's why haunted doll watch was the best before it was loving ruined by posers

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I knew a lot of kids in highschool who drank a lot of Four Loko. this is before the government ruined it and told Phusion Projects they can't sell a drink that contains up to like 14% ABV and also a fuckload of caffeine at the same time

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I don't think it's so much about being "darker" as Saint's Row 3 is very in your face with its humor, and its humor isn't that funny

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
What a profoundly good episode of Car Boys.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
the femfreq tweets trying to explain that krystal is like, a stupid horny furrybait non-character as if everyone in the world doesn't already know that is really funny

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
where's the lie

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
No, that's probably because they're very funny

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Colonel Whitey posted:

Yes please explain how that lovely music is good, I like to laugh
when you listen to it with your ears and the stuff that's inside them and it's good and cool and creates a really interesting/surreal tone, fitting for both the movie it was made for and also the part from that recent video by these internet entertainers we all like

oh but it's from an anime *fart noise* guess it sucks, sorry Susumu Hirasawa and Satoshi Kon for being visionaries and exemplars of a craft which doesn't count anymore by decree of the internet

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I don't get the nintendo tweet

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I thought it was rough, but I was looking at it from a DnD stand point. The THB have too little agency in the arc. Too many times they're forced between awful and worse.
choosing between awful and worse for your character is not that bad from a DnD standpoint when often in DnD you can just die, and then be dead

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Quest For Glory II posted:

Simone i think that between never watching DBZ, loving Assassins Creed Unity, and saying The 300 is the best movie you've ever seen, it's time for a pop culture intervention
DBZ isn't a good show though

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Poopy Palpy posted:

It's a good and funny video. You can deal with a suboptimal player for 6 minutes.
I'm actually way too loving stubborn to do that

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I have never heard of Jimmy Buffet or any of his work outside of MBMBaM

in my mind(emotionally, not rationally) he has always been in the same category as characters like Amélie and now I'm confronted with the reality of him being a real person

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Dec 10, 2017

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
if you don't like playing dnd as a big gnoll rear end in a top hat with huge str who trips and grapples everyone and then laughs at them you're no fun

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/942613626225033216 important thread

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

mlmp08 posted:

Yes, I know, and I still like it, but I do feel there's room for improvement and openly telling the 4th wall "I can't die lol" is a bit over the top as the DM just says "fine, whatever."
that plus leaning too heavily into emotional sappy stuff rather than jokes n bullying NPCs is why I stopped listening to TAZ

granted this was a bit back so I haven't listened to recent stuff. and also I never ever listen to live shows, of any podcast

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Waffleman_ posted:

No, because you're still saying you want Travis' character to die based on literally nothing.
He said "if only to be the first TAZ character death", though.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Waffleman_ posted:

Then why Travis specifically?

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Does it help that I think Travis would take his character dying in stride, and would be the best sport about it when starting a new character?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
man this episode was a loving ride lmao

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
yeah, it's basically improv except every other person doing improv with you is trying to wrest control away from you and push the story to a point where it doesn't make sense at all times

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Quest For Glory II posted:

Without ads, we'd never get candlenights extreme restraints
we're never going back to extreme restraints ad sponsor poverty level

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Endorph posted:

personally, as an autistic person, i feel extremely cared for when someone posts a video of their wife arguing with a low level grifter to get likes on twitter
as a different autistic person I'm glad whenever anybody makes fun of or otherwise openly disagrees with people who spread psuedoscientific bullshit about stuff that "cures autism". I had older relatives try really hard to get me into ~alternative~ treatments for autism when I was young, gently caress that poo poo forever

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
my TaZ hot take is that the only part of it that was ever good was early on when they were basically just playing dnd and dicking around making fun of stuff with basically no effort towards drama. as a result my biased opinion is that I think it would be great if it was largely contained in a different thread than this one

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I'm glad someone else thinks so because reading people lauding the steadily increasing sappy melodrama in Balance made me feel like I was on another planet

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I think munch squad is good essentially every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
why are they called that?