Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Asiina posted:

I, uh, spent more time on this than I'm willing to admit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkkpL--0O9I

I saw this exact post on the facebook group and it took me a good minute to realise it was more likely that you'd posted it there too and less likely that two people had made identical videos and posted them with identical comments.

I need sleep.

Also, the video was incredible :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Goddammit beaten to posting this beautiful abomination.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Beekeeping and You posted:

I hate that it's in the loss format and i hate how fast i recognized it
But that's the best part? :)

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I've finally caught up on TAZ but are still about 200 eps behind in MBMBaM, Still Buffering is interesting as a male only-child in his 30s to hear a lot of stuff that's basically from a different world, and Shmanners is more than occasionally interesting when they hit upon a question I've wondered about. Cool Games Inc is interesting for the occasional listen, but would get old fast if I tried to listen to a bunch in a row.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

And lol if you think there isn't a decent sized contingent of Australians who still call it Ayers Rock. Like most of Australia's racism it's barely below the surface and pretty prevalent if you try to look for it. Since moving from Sydney to Brisbane I've definitely had my opinion of the rest of my compatriots lowered substantially - people up here are more than happy to spout off fairly amazing drivel to all and sundry.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

When they roll initiative they all regularly roll low. They just don't do that very often.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I'm going to PAX next weekend and literally have no connection in my head between the awesome fun con I'm going to be enjoying and the muppetty people behind it; I completely divorced them from each other in my thought process and just ignore everything they're doing themselves there and enjoy everything else.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Asiina posted:

Exactly. The first few years I was super into the PA "culture" where I went to all their panels and signed up for all the extra stuff but after that it just became a place to hang out with friends I rarely got to see, to play some new games and try out new technology I could never afford, talk to indie devs, and get sweet rear end stuff from various developer panels (gearbox gave the best stuff). Also all the streetpass your 3DS can handle.

wait, are you me?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

PA is rubbish run by manchildren

Correct! The church of anasta welcomes your perceptiveness!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

My favourite game video they've put up is the one of that inane cat game that Griffin used to drive Justin into a rage.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Bloody selfish Travis and his little side projects.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Leospeare posted:

Nick is the newest McElroy brother, who is being introduced a few years into the show's run because Griffin's older and not as adorable anymore.

Take that back; griffin is still our adorable baby brother and always will be.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Alaois posted:

okay then I'll just say it

Justin is the only funny McElroy.

Never has such a wrong thing been posted.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Spaced God posted:

Oh no no no

Griffinspacejam.com is dead!
DEAD!

2016 worst year

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I was recommended sawbones from one of storywonks podcasts and that's snowballed into loving every single McElshow.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Hell, I hate reality shows and I still love RB.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I think you'll find that I subscribe to them on iTunes and gave them a good review once so we have an implied contract that they are breaking right now in a very hurtful way.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah, I'm only a very occasional player of those types of games and love taz for not being particularly caring of the rules, just letting it be what it is, which is an interactive storytelling vehicle for all of their senses of humour. If they actually took the rules part seriously it would destroy the part of it that's actually fun to listen to.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Is there any way to watch it outside America? Last time I looked it was completely region locked :bang:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Leospeare posted:

The brothers said on last week's episode that yes it's still region-locked, and to tell Seeso what country you live in so they know where the demand is when/if they expand outside the US.

They also said that one of the episodes will be on YouTube, so that's something.

Guess I'll be either using a VPN or finding a way to torrent it, then. loving useless region locking yet again making piracy the only way to watch things within any kind of reasonable timeframe of it coming out.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

They could literally be playing no real game at all and just randomly rolling dice and I doubt it would matter substantially to the majority of their listeners who only really are there for the fun characters, interesting story, and hilarious banter between Tres Horny Boys. Caring about the actual mechanics runs completely counter to the entire aesthetic they've constructed.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Scudworth posted:

Justin made a long Facebook post about how his kid's extreme problem sleeping was getting to the point of ruining all their lives and they were operating on the edge of sanity/health for the better part of a year. It sounded extremely bad. Too bad to talk about on a comedy podcast.

Do you have a link? It sounds like interesting reading...

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Scudworth posted:

He sometimes posts in this thread

:ninja:

Wait what?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

god drat you seeso take my filthy australian money and let me watch the good good boys legally

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

In ten hours when I get my switch I don't know if I'll be able to stop myself licking a cartridge.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

For someone who hasn't donated to the good good network before, are you locked in with the sub or are you able to stop at any point? I am happy to donate, but rankle at being locked into doing so for a period of time.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Gluten Freeman posted:

No, you can cancel it whenever. You can do what I just did, which is subscribe and then immediately cancel it so I know I won't forget about it and keep sending them money without realising.

Cool; I'm terrible at remembering what regular payments I have scheduled and the like so it's nice to know if I decide to stop I'm able to easily.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

yay subscribed :D! I feel productive!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

purple death ray posted:

IIRC you got locked into the bigger donations the years that includes cruise ship tickets or MaxFunCon admission. Even those I don't think were for a full year, maybe like six to nine months.

Which is more than fair, considering the price of those tickets etc.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I am resting at home after laser eye surgery and have powered through seven straight mbmbam eps so far :getin:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Ariong posted:

CohgrqtuIatlcns!

Cheers :)

Am now up to 18 episodes down and it's still an awesome way to be getting paid from work (got to love sick leave).

Also being able to see clearly is pretty cool

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

timp posted:

*listens to about 50 episodes of TAZ in the space of a month*

Me: poo poo, I should have spread them out, having to wait 2 weeks in between episodes sucks!

*Becomes a Max Fun Donor, gets 5 new bonus TAZ episodes, listens to 2 of them in one morning*

Me: poo poo NOT AGAIN

I had laser eye surgery last week and spent three days just relaxing in bed with my eyes closed and I've burned through I-have-no-loving-idea-how-many TAZ, mbmbam and assorted shows in that time. Getting my donor eps was a godsend to continuing my binge.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Any idea how long it normally takes for donor rewards to ship?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Good to see the rule about fandoms being terrible continues to hold true with the Still Buffering group resulting in Riliegh melting down when people went nuts that they wouldn't do a show about racism (which I'm sure three very white West Virginians would be able to do without pissing everyone off as well).

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Soup du Jour posted:

Who the gently caress would want a show about three sisters talking almost entirely about lighthearted teen issues to do an episode about racism
Because who the gently caress knows. Fans are terrible. Saw a few comments from people whining that the McElroys needed to shape up or risk losing them as fans. And nothing of value was lost.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

kidcoelacanth posted:

I've not watched any of the shows, just listened to the podcast.

:same:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

DrankSinatra posted:

Did Sydnee specifically call somebody out or something? I saw the post-shitshow shitshow, and nothing was elucidated.

Not that I'm aware of. I saw the original post and first few comments coming in last night before I went to bed (Aus time) and when I woke up Rileigh had posted her massive sadpost about how poo poo everything had turned. I then saw it spinning off into the RB group a bit. Not sure if anything else was said in SB or how Rileigh's post has been taken since I had to start work and have been in meetings.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

YggiDee posted:

I've been slowly going through MBMBaM from the beginning but I just heard the Extreme Restraints presentation they did on Candlenights and it's the best six minutes I've ever heard.

Is that the one with Sydnee in it because that one was the funniest.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

As always with Facebook things like this I wish there was a backup since I'd love to see them tearing strips off the morons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

jfc people are making GBS threads me

the rose buddies facebook group had another meltdown when one poster said they were afraid of snakes so could everyone please not post photos of them

the comments o_0. The split between people who are armchair diagnosing her phobia and those who are advocating for trigger warnings on literally every post makes me despair for humanity.