Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I started reading Helck a few days ago and I just got to the end of Helck's Past. Holy loving poo poo this rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

The Sandman posted:

If anything, he'll be the one who has to hold her back when she finds out about Azdora.

When it happens, Vamirio vs. Mikaros is probably going to look a lot like Mustang vs. Envy.

god don't get my hopes up, that would be loving incredible.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Helck is a good boy and he is a strong boy and he is my friend. I believe in Helck!!

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

I believe in Helck and Vamirio and Piuy and Alicia and Hyura and Edil and Zell and Kenros and Asuta and Doruushi and Witch lady and Train Conductor and

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

I guess it's time to use 'That.'

M-masaka...!

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

something something helck hogan

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

I Don't Believe In Mikaros

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

...I like clicking to load each page.

Yeah that doesn't bother me unless the website is loading particularly slow that day or I'm having internet issues.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Serious Frolicking posted:

i believe that mikaros is gonna get punched in the face

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Uria's awakened form reminded me of the cursed warrior Helck and Anne fought awhile back so I went to see if it was the same guy but it doesn't seem like it, since that guy's name was Augus.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Eopia posted:

I mean, Uria was shown being killed by Azudora in this chapter so it couldn't have been the same person anyway?

It's definitely the same power though, those chapters were basically a sequence of showing various forms the power of the new world could take besides Human Heroes.

Well being killed doesn't exactly carry the same finality in this series that it does in others, he could've just as easily stuck around as a remnant shadow warrior of some sort. That's sort of implied to be what Augus was anyway.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Helck is going to die.

Mikaros parachute account spotted

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Mikaros is on team fuckface and I hope he gets punched in the throat soon.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Is Mikaros actually human though? I figured the revelation from a few chapters back about his "true nature" seemed to imply he was either some kind of New World Organism or a human who'd been so corrupted he might as well be nWo4lyfe.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

I appreciate a good self-contained story that has a deeper world around it but doesn't actually go into it, but when a good writer decides to deep dive on the lore of their super interesting world I am all the way in. I get why a lot of people tend to feel like that kind of thing can bog a story down, and in the wrong hands I absolutely agree, but I'm legitimately super interested in what the gently caress is happening with the Will of the (New) World stuff. It's fascinating to me.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

If for whatever reason they ever seriously fought one another she'd have the massive upper hand because fire vs plants is a bad matchup for Azudora, but yeah in terms of power they're stated to be roughly equal.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

JosephWongKS posted:

Part 1 - Phantom Helck

Part 2 - Anne from Management Tendency

please dear god no if you go by that logic it means mikaros is coming back as the villain for part 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

That first big battle at the fortress where Hyura and Edil went back and forth for like 8 chapters straight or whatever was great. I don't think it's that long action sequences are a problem for Helck, just that this one in particular kind of overstayed its welcome. I didn't have nearly as much of a problem with it as a lot of you apparently did but even I got sick of seeing Mikaros's stupid lovely face after awhile.

• Locked thread