Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

starts tomorrow, excited to play as a barb again myself. they released a patch with a lot of new/reworked items and rebalanced the sets so they're all hilariously OP instead of just a few of them, along with a bunch of other new stuff. who else is gonna play??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why play Diablo 3, when Path of Exile and Grim Dawn do all the same stuff but better.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dragon's Dogma PC is coming out tomorrow dude. You fell off on this one man.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

ill be playing both tbh

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
i'm not sure what season means in the context of diablo? i played 3 on release and again when reaper came out. is there pvp or something?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paper Triangle posted:

i'm not sure what season means in the context of diablo? i played 3 on release and again when reaper came out. is there pvp or something?

Its a ladder reset for the insanely gay people who think that being the guy who reached max level the fastest means something

Dec 26, 2012

Wormskull posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Paper Triangle posted:

every few months they release a big patch that adds/changes a lot of stuff and the season lets everyone start fresh with the new content. getting achievements in the seasons also gets you stash space and cosmetic stuff

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like Diablo 3 but it's seriously more fun on console imo. Been playing grim Dawn though and having a blast on veteran mode

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

fuckin sweet, cant wait to see what cookie cutter build dominates the leaderboards this time :D

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
im gonna do the same thing as each season: play as long until I get my first pet, look at the rest of the achievements that would take weeks of grinding and play soemthing else instead

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

The Real Foogla posted:

look at the rest of the achievements

that's bad for you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

I like Diablo 3 but it's seriously more fun on console imo. Been playing grim Dawn though and having a blast on veteran mode

I like console because 80% of the randos online are level 10,000 cheaters and it was an easy game to get hella trophies in

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

I like console because 80% of the randos online are level 10,000 cheaters and it was an easy game to get hella trophies in

Yeah that was awesome as well. I finally got to see torment X

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Real-time limited items, pets etc suck poo poo!!!!!!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i played 2 seasons ago, and really disliked how much trading had changed. the rmah sucked too, but such limited trading was a bringdown. i don't think i could ever play this again, tbh.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trade fags in ARPGs need to be brutally killed in the street, IMO.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm anti-loot.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I'm anti-loot.
You should play Borderlands 2, you almost never see loot in that game.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

You should play Borderlands 2, you almost never see loot in that game.
[all the extremely lame people chuckle at this]

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

I'm anti-loot.

Me too.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
loot lust is a real condition please respect that

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

This forum is going to the dogs.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I can never understand how people can play Borderlands and stuff co-op without stressing about which weapons they should hang on to and whether 30 pellets of fire damage in 3 shot bursts is better than 20 toxic bullets in full auto and so on.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

net cafe scandal posted:

I can never understand how people can play Borderlands and stuff co-op without stressing about which weapons they should hang on to and whether 30 pellets of fire damage in 3 shot bursts is better than 20 toxic bullets in full auto and so on.

You don't have to stress about that in Diablo or whatever unless you are max level and have the min/max style autism

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Getting up in the middle of the night and running to the bathroom because earlier you thought a piece of tilapia was still ok to eat, season 5.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

You don't have to stress about that in Diablo or whatever unless you are max level and have the min/max style autism

Yah it's just stuff like what item's gimmick sounds most badass to me

gently caress memelands imho

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Memelands

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jesus Christ

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Muh mememans

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

net cafe scandal posted:

at first is a bit overwhelming comparing all those number, but you get used to it and later you'll know what you want and what to expect

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Diablo III instead of having numbers to compare they just have a bunch of up and down arrows for Attack, Defense and some third Stat so you don't even have to think about it. But it turns out if you actually look at the numbers the arrows are lying half the time so I don't even really understand their system.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

frank.club posted:

Muh mememans

This is a bridge too far.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
Tfw

In Training posted:

In Diablo III instead of having numbers to compare they just have a bunch of up and down arrows for Attack, Defense and some third Stat so you don't even have to think about it. But it turns out if you actually look at the numbers the arrows are lying half the time so I don't even really understand their system.

Diablo 2 also had problems where what is on the screen lies to you.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sweet memelands s-shotty [screenshot], nice

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Heyyyyyy mannnnnnn
Nicccceeee s-shot

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

In Training posted:

They don't factor in stuff that boosts specific abilities, so if you spam a really strong spell all the time, and the new item gives +10% damage to that spell, it is basically a 10% damage upgrade, but since there's no easy way to tell the player this you have to use some online spreadsheet if you want to minmax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The clap trap is mothershit alpha epic and anyone who hates on him is a cuckslave wagebro.

• Locked thread