Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Ok, so after I posted my original guide, I’ve been seeing a lot of misinformation on this website. Especially I noticed some BRAINDEAD user named LGD said that you can't get all the Jeb achievements in the game. This isn't true. Getting every possible Jeb! achievement is hard without the saved data from previous games, but it is possible. So here I'm going to give you a walkthrough to get every possible achievement related to Jeb! Including the Jeb! ending and the optional bosses

Achievement #1: Jeb!
Requirements: Talk with Jeb
I don’t need to say anything here. As long as you don’t get the Perry ending you’ll get this on any playthrough.

Achievement #2: Trusted Leadership
Requirements: Jeb joins the party
Recruiting Jeb is pretty easy. There’s a lot of ways to do it, actually, but I’m going to show you how to recruit him with Trump as your main character, only because you need Trump in the party to get all the Jeb achievements anyways, so there’s a good chance you need to do it this way if you don’t have save data from previous games.

Step 1: Find Jeb outside of the debate hall in chapter 2, next to the secret service van.
Doesn’t need much explaining. You can recruit Jeb in chapter 2 or chapter 3. He’s in the same place both times; actually he stays in the same spot the entire game, if you don’t recruit him. Kind of a low-energy character.

Step 2: Talk to Jeb with Trump as your main character. When Jeb says:

Pick the response “I can teach you to make Jeb great again.”
Some more dialog happens and Jeb joins the party. Achievement get.

Achievement #3: It Connotes Excitement
Requirements: Jeb Ending
Once Jeb’s in the party there’s only a very few ending you can get. 90% of the time you’re gonna end up with the standard Jeb ending, but, if for some reason you keep getting the Fiorina or Hydra ends, here’s how to avoid them.

Step 1: Kill Fiorina.
I shouldn’t have to explain this, but when you have Jeb in the party you do an alternate Fiorina fight instead of going to the executive’s office. When you get to this part after the battle against Fiorina:

Just say “Gladly” and you kill her. If you select “Maybe you can make things right” then you’re putting yourself on track for the Fiorina ending.
Also, I’m pretty sure nobody plays with Jeb as their primary character, but if you do, don’t do it for the Fiorina fight, or the white-knighting cuck will refuse to kill her and you get her ending anyways.

Step 2: DO NOT take the abandoned shed route at Prairie Chapel Ranch.
Don’t do it if you need this achievement. It locks you out of the normal Jeb ending.

Follow these steps and you get achievement #3

Achievement #4: Cucked
Requirements: Romance Jeb
Straightforward. First step, you need to use Trump when you’re recruiting Jeb. If you didn’t, you won’t get the prompt. I already explained how to do this in this guide so I won’t say it again.

Step 2: You’ll get a dialog box the first time you pass ground zero with Trump and Jeb in your party, but ONLY IF YOU USED TRUMP WHILE RECRUITING JEB, SO STOP PMING ME ASKING WHY THIS DOESN’T WORK. The box will ask you if you want to say something to Jeb, or say nothing. Pick ‘Say something’, and then pick ‘There’s nothing else you could have done.’ If you do this successfully Jeb gains 1200 EXP.

Step 3: Any time after Fiorina, talk to Jeb with Trump as your main. You’ll start a conversation with him. Most of the options you pick don’t matter, except for these:

Say “I want to get to know you better.”
And then:

Say “Yes”

Congratulations, you romanced Jeb.

Achievement #5: He kept us safe
Requirements: Dark Jeb Ending
This is the one that I think most people get stuck on, because it’s a big pain to set up.

Step 1: When you get the dialog box to ‘say something’ or ‘say nothing’ at ground zero with Jeb, pick ‘say something’, but then say ‘Did he really keep us safe?’

Step 2: Kill Fiorina. Again. See achievement #3

Step 3: Go into the abandoned shed at Prairie Chapel Ranch at night with Jeb as your primary character.
You can do this any time you’ve done the previous steps. I recommend you prepare A LOT. Just skip through all the dialog if you don’t care. None of your choices matter here, except one. When you get to this:

Say “Ok”. If you let anybody go with Jeb, you’ll just get a bad end after the next boss.

Step 4: Defeat False Flag.
False Flag is an interesting boss. Interesting for two reasons, it’s one of the three non-human bosses in the game (along with the Voting Machine in the tutorial, and Cruz), and also because despite all the build-up, it’s the easiest boss in the game. Just spam Jeb’s “Unleash Chiang” and you’ll win in four rounds.

Step 5: Complete Jeb’s Nightmare
This isn’t the hardest dungeon in the game but it’s the hardest thing you’ll have to do to get all the Jeb achievements. The main challenge is of course that you only have Jeb, but as long as you have enough levels, and all the best gear, you should get through alright.
One thing to keep in mind here is that the Fratricide Phantoms inflict a stacking damage-down debuff, and since there’s no towns from here until the end of this route, you need to either run from phantoms, or buy a LOT of cleansing scrolls before going to the shed.

Once you defeat George, you’ll get the achievement.

Now you should have all five of the Jeb achievements, which gives you a secret code that lets you print out Jeb! Stickers from your home printer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
How are you supposed to kill the Baby Hitler miniboss during Jeb's Nightmare? The RUN option is disabled and every time I try to attack a prompt comes up saying that time travel is impossible and my turn is wasted.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Digiwizzard posted:

How are you supposed to kill the Baby Hitler miniboss during Jeb's Nightmare? The RUN option is disabled and every time I try to attack a prompt comes up saying that time travel is impossible and my turn is wasted.

You need a Marx summon item, Baby Hitler is immune to everything except communism damage. Its a rare drop from Sanders so new game+ only sorry man...

BIG PUFFY NIPS has issued a correction as of 05:40 on Jan 16, 2016

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Gosts posted:

Now you should have all five of the Jeb achievements, which gives you a secret code that lets you print out Jeb! Stickers from your home printer!

I just have to tell everyone that this guide is seriously outdated. In the new Romneybot DLC Jeb has several achievements related to finding the Moderate Core that you need to revive Romneybot. As well, due to the focus of the DLC it has far more non-human bossfights, including a suprise appearance by Zombie John Kerry.

NewMars has issued a correction as of 08:56 on Jan 16, 2016

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

OK, either I'm a total n00b or there's some kind of glitch, every time I go to the Cavern of the Worldwide Leader to visit Nathan the Oracle, I get the same message:

"MID-JANUARY POLLS is not effective! Increase VOTER ATTENTION to unlock my secrets!"

Here's the thing though, my Voter Attention is pretty much maxed out. Here's what I've done:

- My party is Trump, Hillary, Bernie, and Cruz, which should theoretically give the max bonus
- I've gone to Letterman's Alley and made offerings to the cults of Stephen the Pretender, Jimmy the Excitable, Lorne the Unbreakable, Jimmy the Bearded, and Conan the Barbarian (I wasn't allowed to visit Seth the Diminutive with Trump in my party, but the Trump bonus is bigger than the Seth bonus)
- I've equipped the following Poll Scrolls when visiting Nathan:
  • - Mid-January
  • - Early-January
  • - Mid-December
  • - Early-December
  • - Mid-November
  • - Early-November
  • - Mid-October
  • - Early-October
  • - Mid-September
  • - Early-September
  • - Late-Summer
  • - Mid-Summer
  • - Early Summer (I think that's all you can get at this point in the game right??)

I'm out of ideas at this point. Is Nathan just glitching out or what? HELP!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT 1: Tried someone's suggestion of a Jeb!/Walker/Rubio/Christie party and got a different message. Even though nobody in my party has more than 12% health, Nathan gave me the Emblem of Mathematical Certainty, but he didn't take any of my polls! WTF?????

tinstaach has issued a correction as of 07:00 on Jan 16, 2016

Mendicant
Sep 22, 2015

by zen death robot
Anyone else really really really disappointed in the ending?

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Does anyone here know how to beat the secret boss Jeremy Corbyn?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

T-Bone posted:

code:

.-.-. .-.-. .-.-. .-.-. .-.-. .-.-. .-.-.      .-.-. .-.-. .-.-. .-.-. .-.-. 
( R .'( O .'( M .'( A .'( N .'( C .'( E .'.-.-.( G .'( U .'( I .'( D .'( E .' 
 `.(   `.(   `.(   `.(   `.(   `.(   `.(  '._.' `.(   `.(   `.(   `.(   `.( 
Donald Trump is handy with a microphone, so to speak. In fact, there are several gorgeous women (and men -- Reagan finally added Lindsey Graham this time, YES!) during the course of the election that he can romance. This guide will show you what to say (and not to say!) to get those embers of passion burning. In addition to listing all of the romance options in the game, we’ll also tell you which quests you’ll need to complete for Donald to love his way through the General Election.

IVANKA TRUMP

The daughter of the Donald and a child of the elder blood, Ivanka is the most common first romance for Trump players. You'll find her on the 46th floor of the Trump Tower. This romance is fairly easy to keep going early in the game. Divorce as soon as possible, and if you've put points into the charm tree, use the 'Massage' sign when it's an option. The key quest for Ivanka is of course the plot to find her mother (Ivana Trump from the 2nd game). NOTE THAT EVEN IF YOU KILLED IVANA IN PART TWO, SHE WILL STILL REAPPEAR IN THIS QUESTLINE!!! (Another really cool twist by Reagan that I won't spoil here). In fact, getting her to support your Campaign is one of the only ways to get the Page 6 scroll. Anyway, the quest is pretty easy (level 5 Trumps with 1 debate under them should do fine), but there is one key piece of dialogue that a lot of first time players mess up:

(After the Rosie O'Donnell attack):
Ivanka:
"Do you think my mother's still alive?"

(CHOOSE THIS OPTION)To Ivanka:
"If I weren't happily married, and ya know, your father..."

Ivanka:
What are you talking about?

(CHOOSE THIS OPTION) To Ivanka:
"I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”

Ivanka:
"Who are you talking to? There's no one else here."

(CHOOSE THIS OPTION) To Ivanka:
“All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me — consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.”

This will initiate the fun :-) cut scene. If you want to "visit" Ivanka again, there will then be a Heart icon on the 50th floor of the Trump Tower (her location moves after she gets promoted to VP at the end of the Ivana questline).

If Trump avoids romancing Ivanka and instead attempts to woo Hillary or Kelly during the mission 'The Final Schlong', Ivanka will still support your campaign. Actually you can even flirt with her at the Tower and she kinda likes it :-)

~~~THIS SPACE RESERVED FOR THE REST OF THE GUIDE~~~

Lmao.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Gosts inspired me so I made a Jeb! sprite:

This is after he uses his special "Fellow Kids" transformation

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Hard2See I guess

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Jeb!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
code:
 ____  _____  ____  ____  
|_   \|_   _||_  _||_  _| 
  |   \ | |    \ \  / /   
  | |\ \| |     \ \/ /    
 _| |_\   |_    _|  |_    
|_____|\____|  |______|   
 ____  _____     _____    
|_   \|_   _|   |_   _|   
  |   \ | |       | |     
  | |\ \| |   _   | |     
 _| |_\   |_ | |__' |     
|_____|\____|`.____.'     
   _  ______              
  / // ____ `.            
 / / `'  __) |            
< <  _  |__ '.            
 \ \| \____) |            
  \_\\______.'            

So apparently there's a lot of junk code for the next expansion...nothing's definite, but in the Korean version:

If Hillary triumphs over Bernie
AND You got ending 1-4 for the G.W. Bridge Scandal
AND the last dog has not died,

You can get a new adventure. It's not completed though.

Drive your campaign bus to AIPAC HQ.

You'll run into Chris Christie (if playing Hillary) or Hillary (if playing Christie).

The dialogue is something like this (my Korean's bad):

>>What are you doing here? (TOP ANSWER)
>You should be in prison [penitentiary?] (You can choose anything here)
>>You're not wearing your ring... (BOTTOM ANSWER)

Minigame (you've done these before).

Now, you need to find a place for the liason. The secret service will help you if you're Hillary, but if you're Chris, you can actually push the 3rd floor vending machine aside.

If you don't mention Barack, you'll get an achievement, 당신은 서로 가치가있다 (dangsin-eun seolo gachigaissda).

Golden Bee has issued a correction as of 09:32 on Jan 16, 2016

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Oiled and Ready posted:

Hard2See I guess

Wait, so the Weed Dealer is really Jeb?

Does this mean it's possible to get the "Legalize it!" achievement on a no-Rand run after all?

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

NewMars posted:

Wait, so the Weed Dealer is really Jeb?

Does this mean it's possible to get the "Legalize it!" achievement on a no-Rand run after all?

No he's one of those dealers that wants to keep it illegal since he'd be out of business otherwise.

And what? Trump can legalize it before you even take office by telling the Republican Congress he will veto every bill for 6 months regardless of content unless they do. You just have to get the [Knights of the Deal] materia, equip Trump with it, then level it to max by grinding CNBC for Vetbucks. Cast it on Paul Ryan, just make sure Biden is in the room so his defense is halved by Biden's Aura of Malarkey.

Jeb can't get any achievements. All those posts about supposed Jeb content are trolls, like saying you can revive General Leo or do the SS Anne exploit in Pokemon. Get real, Jebheads, it's time to get serious.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Oiled and Ready posted:

Jeb can't get any achievements. All those posts about supposed Jeb content are trolls, like saying you can revive General Leo or do the SS Anne exploit in Pokemon. Get real, Jebheads, it's time to get serious.

My uncle works for 538 and he says they're working on a patch to make the Jeb achievements a lot easier, and that Trump is gonna get nerfed any day now.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

docbeard posted:

My uncle works for 538 and he says they're working on a patch to make the Jeb achievements a lot easier, and that Trump is gonna get nerfed any day now.

Lol Silver hasn't made a good game since 2008, the 2012 sequel was a cash grab. I like this newest one but the season pass is bullshit and he keeps promising to nerf Trump and buff Jeb but he sold out, he's totally full of poo poo. They didn't even apologize for cutting one of my favorite characters, Diamond Joe, at the last minute. He had the best dialogue. I realize they had to cut him over the backlash about his underage romance subplot, but dammit, that made him human.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

NewMars posted:

Does anyone here know how to beat the secret boss Jeremy Corbyn?

It's tricky because most people mess up the two forms. In the first stage in Labour Party HQ it's impossible to get his polls below 50% no matter what you do. Your attacks will appear to be landing cleanly but won't actually do any damage. Most people run themselves ragged here trying to batter him down without realising this. Instead you need to conserve your resources and wait until he takes up the Mantle of Opposition for the second form.

In the second half there's a number of things you need to keep in mind. The first is that unlike Bernie he doesn't have the Liberal subtype, so he can't cast Liberal Media and in fact is really weak to media damage (leftists are minor mobs for most of the game so most players never learn to fight them properly). In general the media spells in Knifecrime Island are more favourable than the base game unless you have Trump as main. If you pay attention you'll notice he doesn't cast Collective Responsibility, so his Shadow Cabinet are weak to Confuse and can be turned against him. He destroys them with Purge on his turn but that's a turn he can't spend attacking you. If you mess up and get flooded or a party member enters berserk state and attacks tax credits, this is a good way to distract him while you recover.

When his sprite stares directly at the screen, he's telegraphing a big move. Just bunker down and prepare to deflect.

DO NOT take him down before the general election. If you do that something called Party Democracy will trigger and revive him to full HP (no, I don't know why the Knifecrime Island NPCs don't seem to know about this). The byelections are a trap, he's not actually vulnerable then, and for the love of god don't have Danczuk in your party if you didn't go the 'normalise' route during Paedogeddon.

Peel has issued a correction as of 15:13 on Jan 16, 2016

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Gosts posted:

Achievement #5: He kept us safe

Just an addendum to your already excellent guide, this achievement is also by far the easiest way to to unlock "Miss Me Yet?". While this isn't technically a Jeb achievement, it's almost impossible to draw the elusive W out of hiding without him in your party.

Once you've defeated Nightmare George, you must immediately Unleash Chiang on anyone except Trump (who will be impervious at this point in the game anyway). e. This should be obvious but do not Unleash Chiang on Rubio if you want to continue with Jeb, as this will just give him the Sword of Chiang rather than destroying him. Kasich or Christie are good choices (Christie will also net you the "Do You Have A Problem With Fantasy Football" minor achievement if you don't have it already), as is Fiorina; don't worry about the "Opened A Can" debuff you get from squaring off against her, it looks nasty but doesn't really amount to anything.

When the real W contacts you to congratulate you (be patient, this can take a while, you should have enough SuperPAC resources to grind the campaign trail for as long as necessary until it happens), bring up Trump and choose the "He's just too powerful", and then "I thought you didn't care". W will then begin campaigning on your behalf.

Note that, while the buff you get from this is nice on the surface, and will allow you to defeat Trump, it is almost impossible to win Stage 2 if W has emerged from hiding. But hey, if you cared about winning the game you wouldn't be maining Jeb to begin with, would you?

docbeard has issued a correction as of 15:54 on Jan 16, 2016

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Just found a cool little Easter Egg, if you have a Madden 16 save on your system it unlocks the Never Count Out Touchdown Tom buff, which apparently doubles the effect of the You Can't Stump The Trump skill.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
So the fight against the House Freedom Caucus isn't so much a difficult fight as it is a war of attrition, and if you mess up positioning or get hosed by the RNG/polls it can make an annoying fight nearly unwinnable. However, some new tech has come out which can make the whole deal a cakewalk if it all goes right.

First, go solo. This might sound like suicide but Paul Ryan will still join up with you and having less cats to herd makes the ending steps far easier.

Second, conventional wisdom was to bunker down by the Speaker's rostrum, defending as necessary, so that after five turns have passed and Ryan grabs the gavel Boehner's Revenge would hit as many HFC members with his teardrop air strikes. But that required pulling a lot of aggro and the HFC members kinda go wherever they want since the AI isn't great.

Instead, what you want to do is to keep the rostrum completely clear, except for you and Ryan. On the fifth turn, have Ryan cast Beard Shield. This is vital, because if you forget the plan won't work. You also need to have all party members within the blast radius, hence why going solo is easier.

if you pull this off, Boehner's Revenge becomes Boehner's Last Gift and the teardrop air strike becomes completely absorbed by Ryan's beard, which expands it greatly into a Muslim beard. So far, so good.

Third, all of the HFC members go into the Islamophobia state and will aggro in on Ryan. You can pick them off but the smarter plan is to head to the far corner away from the rostrum. Ryan's stats go through the roof but he's still vulnerable to crits and he'll be defending against a lot of attacks, so keep a couple of Policy Scrolls on hand for healing.

If Ryan survives three turns, Muslim beard goes into Jihad Squad state and will detonate, taking out Ryan and anyone within a 10x10 block, so the more HFC members you can get around you the better. This should leave you a couple of stragglers to pick off, which you should be able to do with relative ease. Remember, if you don't case Beard Shield Boehner's Revenge will wipe you out and Boehner will just say he warned you.

I haven't had a chance to test this out on whether you can still solo this with Trump or if you can only use the other members, but this seems like it's a viable tactic to survive the fight. It does mean Ryan won't show up at the GOP Convention later but that's not a big deal imo.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Can we keep the newbie questions to a minimum here? Seriously, if you don't know how to use Santorum in this game, just google his name.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Okay so I think I encountered a bug. If you choose Philadelphia, Mississippi to give a speech from the Campaign Screen and make the subject "States Rights" you immediately fight several wild dogs. But the thing is that they keep happening one after another. I've had a least 100 fights and the map is just filled with them, like a whistle was blown.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Anyone able to give me some pointers on obtaining the Reince Priebus summon? I picked up Nixon's Puzzle Box from RNC Headquarters, and was able to find the Blood of Rafalca in a hidden room shortly after the Ann Romney fight. I tried combining them with Gampy's Chalice which was equipped to Jeb when he joined based on the item description but nothing happened. Should I try again after a specific pointt in the story or am I missing something?

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Alris posted:

Anyone able to give me some pointers on obtaining the Reince Priebus summon? I picked up Nixon's Puzzle Box from RNC Headquarters, and was able to find the Blood of Rafalca in a hidden room shortly after the Ann Romney fight. I tried combining them with Gampy's Chalice which was equipped to Jeb when he joined based on the item description but nothing happened. Should I try again after a specific pointt in the story or am I missing something?

Come on, did you even read the FAQ? The one stickied at the top of the forum? In big bold letters?

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
Im thinking about replaying 2012, that game was awesome for its time. Cain was deffo my favorite character, a buff that makes all his stats 999 and an instant death spell that worked on any female character, so OP. He had the best dialogue too. Anyone know if gamefreak is ever gonna release that pokemon crossover for the 3DS?

2016 does have better balance though. Tbh i could never beat Obama in the final boss battle no matter how late in the fight i used Call Ohio. Even had Roves mathematics skill maxed out too...

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Woah, just got the best ending!

First of all, you have to play as Trump. Now you have to be careful, just play it safe during the campaign phase, you DO NOT want to have over 49 Delegate Points.

Get to the convention battle. At this point you want to anti-buff yourself. You need to lower charisma and also cast it on your delegates. You want to lose this fight, it is necessary.

Once you successfully lose, you must take the stage at the convention and announce that you will be running as an Independent. Be sure to select the speech option for 'Because the GOP is not nice, just haters and losers' when it comes up.

You are now in the General Election (last stage). At the debate always attack whomever the GOP has nominated, also, be sure to never attack the Democratic candidate. You get 3 debates, but if you time your attacks right you can get the ending as early as the first debate if you are a high level.

The ending is just amazing. Prince Reince comes up to you and asks what the f you are doing. You respond with the third option, "I was a Democratic plant all along, I never wanted to win, I am too rich to be President, just wanted to build my brand, loser." Cue cut-scene of Reince drinking himself to blackout drunk and then unleashing the Sword of Chaing upon himself.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I'm done with this loving game. Why do the developers even put characters in the game if they aren't viable? I was on a Cruz playthrough and doing well, when I started taking damage from Trump's loving Birther attack. What the hell? Cruz has the American subtype, how the gently caress does a Birther attack hit him? Who coded this poo poo? And I looked on the forums and no one even knows if thats a bug or not and the developers say there isn't a patch for it. Where I finally quit though was at the Debate. I had managed to score some good damage on Trump and thought I was on my way to a victory so I used my Liberal Dogwhistle finisher. Trump deflects it with his bullshit 9/11 Shield and somehow I'm at critical health. gently caress that. I should have known though. Cruz was an Evangelical, and the developers have always hated Evangelicals. Look at loving Huckabee and tell me the devs intended Evangelicals to be a worthwhile class. I'm done with this game and its bullshit. Trump is way overpowered and it doesn't matter what you do, he always wins. The only way to win is to recruit him, but gently caress Trump. I don't want to play as him!

I'm going to go play DNC'16. I'm just tired of bullshit and Hillary's Aura of Inevitability at least guarantees a win.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
Does anyone know how to use the Impeach ability you get from Gingrich? I used it on Bill Clinton like he suggested but it just gave him a huge buff to Approval and he kicked my rear end. I tried it on Caliph Obama in the Imperial Presidency DLC too but i just got the "By Allah, white people are so stupid!" line he says when you use an ineffective attack.

Does this thing work on anyone?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Sonofsilversign posted:

Does anyone know how to use the Impeach ability you get from Gingrich? I used it on Bill Clinton like he suggested but it just gave him a huge buff to Approval and he kicked my rear end. I tried it on Caliph Obama in the Imperial Presidency DLC too but i just got the "By Allah, white people are so stupid!" line he says when you use an ineffective attack.

Does this thing work on anyone?

Stop playing pirated copies of the game and stick to the real releases. Imperial Presidency was a 3rd Party add on that got cancelled before release. The only way you could have played it is with a pirated version and a cracked copy of Election'96.

edit: I'm an idiot. I forgot they released Imperial Presidency, Weapons of Mass Destruction and Middle Class Tax Cut Stimulus together as the Republican Fever Dreams expansion pack

Nix Panicus has issued a correction as of 02:52 on Jan 17, 2016

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Sonofsilversign posted:

Im thinking about replaying 2012, that game was awesome for its time. Cain was deffo my favorite character, a buff that makes all his stats 999 and an instant death spell that worked on any female character, so OP. He had the best dialogue too. Anyone know if gamefreak is ever gonna release that pokemon crossover for the 3DS?

2016 does have better balance though. Tbh i could never beat Obama in the final boss battle no matter how late in the fight i used Call Ohio. Even had Roves mathematics skill maxed out too...

Did they ever patch that bug where setting Clint Eastwood as your companion made all the enemies invisible? Bit of a deal-breaker for me

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Accelerationist Guide

The Accelerationist meta-achievement requires that you complete the game at least once with each of the following endings:

World War Three: This is by far the easiest of the Accelerationist endings, and can theoretically be attained with almost any character, though it's easiest with Graham or Fiorina. (Note: see below for Trump's similar ending.) A lot of guides say that it's easy to get this ending with Clinton too, but building the popular support that Clinton depends on for a declaration of war immediately after victory is far too grindy for my tastes, and it's so much easier with the Republican faction. All you need to do is win the game with your chosen candidate, and provided that you've capitalized on every random terrorist attack, new nuclear power, or Russian sabre-rattling event during both major stages, you should have the option to declare total war in perpetuity in the epilogue.

Full Communism Now: While it's theoretically possible to get this ending with a third-party character from the Socialist or Communist factions, third-party factions are an advanced mode to begin with, and if you're able to win with one at all you probably don't need this guide's help to get the ending you're after. Therefore I will assume that you're completing the game with Sanders. This requires a bit of patience, because you must entirely avoid any abilities that are tagged "compromise" or "political expedience" for the entire game. This is especially painful during the General Election phase, when almost every enemy is spamming Better Dead Than Red at you without access to your best defensive abilities, but with enough grinding to get your Political Revolution power leveled, you should be all right.

If you've done everything right, once you've won the main game, you will be prompted during the epilogue to enter the Senate chambers at night. Once there, you will be confronted by the ghost of Joseph McCarthy. This is a very difficult fight, but you will have the opportunity to summon your own ghostly allies. I recommend the spirits of Marx, Debs, and, perhaps surprisingly, Joseph Welch. While not himself a Communist, Welch's "Have You No Sense Of Decency" ability is devastating to McCarthy, and in my opinion, necessary to his defeat.

After defeating McCarthy, you will have no further obstacles in your way to usher in a true Communist revolution. (There is some controversy as to whether this should count as a good or a bad ending that I have no intention of wading into.)

I Hope You're Happy: While, again, this ending can be achieved by a third-party candidate (and indeed by any candidate, in theory), it's so much easier with Trump. Your goal is to split your allied faction's power by declaring a third-party run in the second stage of the game, and Trump both comes preloaded with all the popular support necessary to do this and, uniquely, receives a buff rather than a penalty if he uses Break The Pledge after Signing The Pledge during the first stage. You get this ending after the opposing faction wins the final fight of the game. (Note, if you, as stated above, choose any of the Democratic Plant dialogue options, you get a different ending which does not count toward this achievement. Oddly, neither does the Thousand Year Trumpenreich ending, though this feels like a bug to me.)

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Not a Step posted:

Stop playing pirated copies of the game and stick to the real releases. Imperial Presidency was a 3rd Party add on that got cancelled before release. The only way you could have played it is with a pirated version and a cracked copy of Election'96.

edit: I'm an idiot. I forgot they released Imperial Presidency, Weapons of Mass Destruction and Middle Class Tax Cut Stimulus together as the Republican Fever Dreams expansion pack

All good man. Its a great pack, you get Christian Persecution too which has a really cute cake baking minigame :3:

tinstaach posted:

Did they ever patch that bug where setting Clint Eastwood as your companion made all the enemies invisible? Bit of a deal-breaker for me

Nope sorry. The last patch they released finally fixed those huge trees that caused the terrible FPS drop in Michigan though.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I can't believe how naive you guys are to think the Cruz fight is the final and hardest fight in the game. There's a secret boss fight that follows him after his numbers in the polls drop during his falter after the insult on NY comments.

You see the whole time you're fighting with Cruz, Rubio is powering up offscreen with water as you duke it out. He's getting ready to make his move as the other candidates fall into obscurity and he picks up the old world order of the GoP to give him even more power and funds. They all hate Trump so much they basically feed their spirit energy into him when it comes down to a two man race after Cruz is defeated. THATS when the real game starts, but by them Trump has leveled up so much he should have the unstumpable power making the fight a lot easier but still a close duke out between the old ways and the new.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo! They just patched in Sarah Palin as a support character for Trump!

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Seriously Trump needed the least amount of help from the devs. When are they going to make the whole "Right to Rise" system actually work for Jeb!? Rights now it's just a grindfest with no payoff.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

So while in general 2016 Primary Blue is tedious, with only one original character and Hillary basically ported over wholesale from 2008 Blue, people have started poking around more and found some optional quests that seem pretty cool.

The one that is partially solved requires you to have Hillary AND Sanders in your party - which means you have to do it before New Hampshire. In fact you pretty much have to start it right away, because it requires you to visit every state. Yes, that's right, EVERY state. Somewhere in each state you'll find out a burned out building with a sign saying "$state Democratic headquarters" - the ones in California, New York, and a few others might be not be completely burned out.

In all cases you'll end up in a pretty tough fight against a State Party Boss and a number of State Party Hacks. All of their attacks are ineffectual BUT they can summon a seemingly endless supply of cronies and sycophants to clog up the field. You'll want to use AoEs like Populism & Real-World Experience, but keep in mind that you'll be low in level (Sanders in particular might not even be able to hit all the targets on the field if you haven't been leveling up his Oratory). But between the two of them you should beat the State Party Boss, and you'll get a key item "Ashes of $state Democratic Party".

Now you have to gather all fifty of them. That's right, fifty. Luckily you can pick up the Hawaii one just by visiting Barack Obama in the White House in the two weeks after he takes a vacation. I strongly recommend saving Alaska for last, because there is a 5% chance that you have a random encounter with a member of the Palin family every step you take on the Alaska maps. You're not going to lose this fight, but you might have to spend money on media suppression and oppo (do NOT waste a hi-oppo or mega-oppo on these fights) which you'll need for later.

Once you have all fifty ashes, go to the Val-Air Ballroom in the Iowa region. The ashes will start to react and the shade of Howard Dean will appear - it will first look like a fight but then he'll heal your party virtues back to full (this is the only way you can get Hillary's Principle stat up to 99!) and join your party. Now go to Washington DC and enter DNC headquarters - as soon as you enter the lobby the shade of Howard Dean will open up the door in the upper-left corner that everyone thought was cosmetic.

Stock up on consumables (especially scandal bait) because when you go into that office you'll end up in a fight with Debbie Wasserman-Schultz! She doesn't hit particularly hard but has multiple layers of defenses that have to be stripped away, otherwise your attacks will do practically nothing. Now's the time to use those skills that you don't normally bother with such as "Ingratiate", "Surrogate Appearance" and "Legal Challenge". Once she's fully debuffed, you'll see a message that says "Shade of Howard Dean takes a deep breath..." and then you can use the Dean Scream ability which does a massive amount of damage. Repeat this cycle 2-3 times and you'll beat Debbie!

She drops some pretty good loot along with one interesting key item, "Shard of the Overton Window (Kennedy)". The description says that it is one of seven, but no one has found where the other six shards are or what they might do when combined. Hopefully it will be datamined soon!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
There aren't actually 7 shards... If you read the release notes, the ACA and legalization of gay marriage were "shards". I think legal pot is one but that has only been twitter-confirmed.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
How the heck do I get the Metric Mayhem achievement? I mean, I get how, it's just that Lincoln Chafee's class abilities are so weak I have no idea how I'll beat the endgame with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
GameFAQs said to use My Dad Died against Anderson Cooper but he countered it and OHKO'd me, so I can't help you

• Locked thread