Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

That was a hard as balls shinespark from the chozo ruins to the pirate ship.

It was more like 5 shinesparks, 100% speedruns of this must be crazy.

Tfw i realize there's a second row of e-tanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Hard Mode in this game is nuts, not only do you have your typical enemy health/damage scaling but E-Tanks give you half as much health and missile upgrades only give you two :stare:

Tender Bender posted:

I found mine in a drawer and it still had a charge and turned on after literally ten years. The frontlight is even worse than you remember though :smith:

There's a reason I held on to my DS Phat, busted hinge and all. Still love my GBASP but I also just remembered it didn't have a headphone jack and I had to buy some Madcatz adapter for one that used the charging port

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
gbamicro ftmfew

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Some of the items are really crazy to get in this one. I definitely want to learn how to do fast 100% runs.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

zero mission has some loving crazy post-grav suit puzzles

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the best part is that theyre hidden in plain sight

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have reached Chozodia in ~90 minutes. Wasn't attempting to complete this quickly but I think I have enough time to beat it in under 2hours for the speedrun ending...wish me luck.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
precision shinesparking while in the ball is incredible

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I fell a couple minutes short...credits scrolling now, will update soon.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh hell yes.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Nice.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Now for 100% hard, which will probably take a while longer. I've never done it, and it sounds tough.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

In Training posted:

I have reached Chozodia in ~90 minutes. Wasn't attempting to complete this quickly but I think I have enough time to beat it in under 2hours for the speedrun ending...wish me luck.

I reached Chozodia in 3 and a half hours. I thought Mother Brain was going to be an impossible boss until I beat her. And now I'm convinced Meta Ridley is also an impossible boss.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
all the bosses in ZM are the perfect difficulty on normal and on hard, except for regular Ridley who dies too easily (:(), and the endboss on hard + 100% who becomes super hard and brutally punishing of every mistake, which is actually also the perfect difficulty as an extra-hard bonus challenge.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

yeah i beat regular ridley in one try, but the one time i tried fighting meta ridley so far i don't think i even figured out how to damage him before he killed me lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hard does not gently caress around.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I havent finished this game yet or anything, but I can safely say it's my favorite metroid game I've played.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's insanely good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Brinstar ballspark super missile took me forever 12 years ago but its like imprinted in my muscle memory and i busted it out in one attempt.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hard Mode is a lot of fun and im dreading the powered up Meta Ridley.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

In Training posted:

The Brinstar ballspark super missile took me forever 12 years ago but its like imprinted in my muscle memory and i busted it out in one attempt.

I know what youre talking about but I havent attempted getting it yet nor can I even wrap my head around how to go about doing it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ridley down. I had 48 health left phew

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going crazy though because I can't for the life of me remember how you're supposed to actually get super missiles because I've only done it once, and now I can't get that last suoer missile upgrade on the Ridley map

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i think there's one that requires a lava dip or some other grav suit upgrade

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I meant the first one you're supposed to get guarded by the boss. I almost always skip it because there's lots of faster super missiles. But I found it, forgot you had to pop into the previous boss room and drop down through the hole in its corpse. On Chozodia and then the final sweep before tackling 100% Meta Ridley...could be a tough afternoon ahead of me

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

My second favorite part of the game. I was so extremely pleased with myself when I first figured that one out.

On my last 100% run, I nailed my first attempt of that puzzle room where you have to sprint in, blast away breakable blocks and a missile block, then somersault a perfect arc through the speed blocks. :cool:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ralp posted:

My second favorite part of the game. I was so extremely pleased with myself when I first figured that one out.

On my last 100% run, I nailed my first attempt of that puzzle room where you have to sprint in, blast away breakable blocks and a missile block, then somersault a perfect arc through the speed blocks. :cool:

The room directly below that with the winding bomb snake pisses me off!!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Oh badass, you can see how many powerups of each type are in every area on the map after you beat the game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Oh badass, you can see how many powerups of each type are in every area on the map after you beat the game.

Also your current time in the lower left. It's a nice touch for repeat playthroughs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's also a time attack mode tang will keep a leader lard on your cart with time and completion %

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

There's also a time attack mode tang will keep a leader lard on your cart with time and completion %

What.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just got the last energy tank in Chozodia and after dinner it's time to finish the game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Time attack mode* and leaderboard*. Phone posting 😒

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm the leaderlard

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
attack mode tane.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm watching the AGDQ 2014 Zero Mission Hard Mode Low % run and it's godlike.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

zero mission speedrunning is a science you can study at university by this point. people are human TAS bots w/ that game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqLa4LP2BRg&t=1396s :worship:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

thats nuts. how did he never do the tail slam? that's something you can bait or not bait? thats loving nuts

• Locked thread