Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

24? You playing on hard mode? Good luck. The way the guy at AGDQ played the fight is actually really easy to do, it just looks harder than it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

In Training posted:

24? You playing on hard mode? Good luck. The way the guy at AGDQ played the fight is actually really easy to do, it just looks harder than it is.

Yeah its hard mode. I'll take a look at that run to steal some strats.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Low% mother brain was a nightmare but I don't think any of the rest of the game should pose a problem, since Hard mode ship is basically identical to low% ship where you can't ever get hit

I'm doing 14% mother brain (on normal) and it sucks, I really want to go back to pick up Screw Attack for my last item except I think that room is probably the furthest possible distance away

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Yeah its hard mode. I'll take a look at that run to steal some strats.

I don't understand how he makes it so Ridley doesn't use the tail move. How lenient is the safe spot between his feet? sometimes I feel the tail move just happens and I don't know why.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I don't understand how he makes it so Ridley doesn't use the tail move. How lenient is the safe spot between his feet? sometimes I feel the tail move just happens and I don't know why.

nevermind i did it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think 2 or 3 times he just pulled the tail move out and I was hosed and I wasn't totally sure what triggered it. I think I may have moved too far away from his body to jump out and grab a missile pick up so it may have been that

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I believe the Ridley trick works because in that position he always wants to go into a little swoop to try to grab Samus and pick her up (and fails). This is my hunch based on no research nor reverse engineering nor pixel/frame counting etc, but it just sorta seems like that's what happens based on what he does when I mess it up. Too far in front of him, his swoop+grab succeeds; too far behind him, he tries a different move instead (often the tail swipe). His fireballs are probably just on a random timer and when it's up he does those regardless of what else is going on.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I haven't played this since it came out and I forgot how hard it owns. I'm pretty happy with how I did for my first try, but I'll probably play it again soon.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Contest Winner posted:

I haven't played this since it came out and I forgot how hard it owns. I'm pretty happy with how I did for my first try, but I'll probably play it again soon.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
harsh but fair

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

How come Metroid has to fight that dragon Ripley so many drat times. Once or twice okay.,.but it's every drat game. Find a new boss.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

By my count she fights the thing 10 times in 9 games. Haven't played Pinball or Hunters, but the only classic Metroid game Ridley isn't in is II.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Prime 2 has 17 bosses and zero ridleys. That's why it's my fave prime.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Prime 2 didn't have any Ridley fight???

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

By my count she fights the thing 10 times in 9 games. Haven't played Pinball or Hunters, but the only classic Metroid game Ridley isn't in is II.

By my count she only fights him twice (not counting Other M because I didn't play it). The Ridley fight in Zero Mission and the original are the same event, then he comes back in Super Metroid. All the other times are actually Meta-Ridley, or Omega-Ridley, or an unfinished robot Ridley, or X parasites masquerading as Ridley.

edit wait three times, counting Ceres Station

Ralp fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jan 26, 2016

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Prime 2 didn't have any Ridley fight???

He didn't come to Aether.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A Dark Ridley fight could have been cool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ridley fights are always good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

everything involving ridley in metroid prime 3 was the best part of that game

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i want to play the cut kraid fight

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Doctor Goat posted:

i want to play the cut kraid fight

Same

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ridley isnt in hunters, all the bosses are other bounty hunters, hence the name: hunters

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

how bout a Metroid game where Ridley is an ally.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

how bout a Metroid game where Ridley is an ally.

oh. my. god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

ridley isnt in hunters, all the bosses are other bounty hunters, hence the name: hunters
If Ridley was in, they'd have to call it Hunted, because he is hunted by the bounty hunter, Samus.

• Locked thread