Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Damn it, It's all your fault!
Ninja. Sound of Speed Sonic. Or just Sonic, because character limits.

Trust me. You want to do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Whybird posted:

If the Cowboy's name gets presented as "The (Name) Kid", can I vote that when it comes to time to name him, we call him Milkybar?

The correct name is Waco. The Waco Kid.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

AlphaKretin posted:

Yeah, feudal Japan isn't nearly as ancient as the lack of technology (thanks, isolationism!) would have you believe.

E: Update towards the bottom of last page.

Wan't fuedal Japan fought with shitton of firearms? Nobunaga was infamous for revolutionizing rifle tactics in Japan.

Also, this is the Bakumatsu period, Also known as the late Edo period, which means this is far, far away from the feudal Japan, despite the looks of this castle.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Wrestling and the only correct name for this kind of man is Baki

Don't you know who Baki is?

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Everbody know what's up.

But I'll let my vote be up to Pure Imagination.

I'm sorry, I'm not good with making sly references, so just to be blunt, my previous suggestion of the Waco kid

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Junpei Hyde posted:

For those possibly wondering why the obvious Hulk Hogan analogue doesn't use his signature finishing leg drop as a move, the Max Bomber technique is presumably based off of the Axe Bomber, a lariat that Hogan used as his primary finisher in Japan. A popular rumor is that it was established as his finisher when it legitimately knocked out Japanese legend Antonio Inoki in a match, although it's most likely that he wasn't actually knocked out.

It's Pro-Wrestling. No matter which country you go, there will always be gigantic exaggeration of one's athlecticism due to the nature of the entertainment.

And we wouldn't have it any other way.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Just like the Sci-fi chapter, Western chapter hits all the right notes of the narrative tropes to a t, and in a compelling way.

And that's even before we get to the main gimmick of this chapter.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Glazius posted:

I suppose shooting somebody in the middle of a duel is what passes for strategy with the Crazy Bunch.

No, this is a way of Western Movies saying "These are the bad guys!".

You see, A duel is like the only unspoken law that is kept sacred in the lawless West. By showing that a bad guy is willing to break that holy law, we are signaled how evil they are, to take advantage of duelists in their most vulnerable state.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Yapping Eevee posted:

Now I remember! Known throughout the West for his arm, fast as lightning… Someone was always out to challenge him to a duel. Eventually, it got so bad that his town was attacked by an entire band of outlaws… He couldn’t do anything, so he put a price on his own head, and wandered the desert, in search of a place to die…

I must admit… When I saw that scene, I was truly impressed with how well the name worked. Bravo, goons.

That's because I exactly knew that name was fitting. It's the only correct choice for this chapter.

Xander77 posted:

My vote goes to Canada.

I like that reference, or the subtle parody, but I like to stick to the more appropriate Kouji, because very good reasons.

ArcadePark fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Mar 7, 2016

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Can't fault a guy for liking a name so much.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Yapping Eevee posted:

I would like to take this chance to present an image from today's recording, free of context. Those who have not played this game before are free to guess as to its significance.

(Expect an update in the next few days, probably with a mini-update right after.)

Oh, right. I forgot about this part.

gently caress you, old man. You ain't building poo poo

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

You're right about Taiyaki being delicous. Those are amazing.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Yes, Brando would do nicely. Very Nicely.

Skywalker would have been my #2 choice though

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Hey, it isn't the thread's fault the name was so perfect, as it were for the Waco kid. I'm still a bit bitter that no once considered Baki as a legimate name for the Wrestler chapter.

I'm still voting for Brando.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Because Puns are the best names to give your characters.
Especially when both context the Puns portray are equally relevant.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Onmi posted:

He can use the robot weapons, yes.

Not that cube wants to use Ancient Japanese wooden robt parts.

.......Right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Waco and Whatever numbnuts that think they are ready.

Clearly The Waco Kid holds all superiority here.

• Locked thread