Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012
zaki is probably the best character in a very charming game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
it's worth noting that terrain tiles deal and recover damage for every tile you're on, so while the game says king mammoth is healing 24 hp it's actually 216, which is a little discouraging if you don't know what's going on!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
yeah i would say save mecha for last and probably do ninja in the middle so you've got the longer chapters all spaced out

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i love how the computer becomes more tangible and visually dangerous after you analyze it, cube owns, game owns

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

AweStriker posted:

0D-10, with two 0's.

i'm not sure it really makes a difference

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
eh, the tindeck links kinda spoiled it already

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
this game is rad but also an enormous sausage fest so i'm glad li kuugo is going to win

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the way this game's put together, it's not like stats really matter all that much anyway, the battle system is way more about thinking carefully than having high numbers

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I'm gonna go with Li here. Honestly the other two seem like just as good character-wise, it's just this game really needs to be less of a sausagefest.

I can't remember for sure based on having read the last LP ages ago, but I think Li and Bela might be the only two playable female characters in the game. Don't quote me on that though.

they are, there are more playable robots than women

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
it's fitting because yuan is a boring character

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
please don't backseat lets play

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the chapter description does say you have to choose one disciple but i still think the selection itself is a little obtuse. those training sections are framed such that you may try to keep everyone pretty even or address their weaknesses, when you really do want to put all your eggs in one basket

Looper fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Feb 4, 2016

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
do ninja next and save mecha for last

also hall of mirrors would actually make a pretty badass name for a martial arts move

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

EclecticTastes posted:

The name is presented as "The (name) Kid". That's why if you're gonna reject Sundown, you gotta go with Waco.

nooo waco sucks, name him queso

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

EclecticTastes posted:

You tellin' me you don't like Blazing Saddles? :catstare:

waco is a terrible town

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the ninja chapter is super cool but man good luck if you've got a bad sense of direction

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
this should've taken place in the byzantine empire for all the weird poo poo going on

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Seyser Koze posted:

The Maid's Obi is the item you could've technically farmed the hag woman for, if you were so inclined.

I'm a little surprised that AGTP decided to translate the final boss' name for the 2.0 version, after a couple of other names this chapter that they left untranslated.

Anyway, Wrestler, in the interests of not having the game's two weakest chapters back to back. Andre for a name.

wrestler is the weakest chapter tho...

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i'd drink like that too if i were named after waco

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
his name should be kaneda/tetsuo but who cares let's gush more about how amazing the western chapter is

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Yapping Eevee posted:

I would like to take this chance to present an image from today's recording, free of context. Those who have not played this game before are free to guess as to its significance.

(Expect an update in the next few days, probably with a mini-update right after.)

haha

between this and tactics ogre psp, some things never change

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
it has a lot of jrpg bullshit in it but i really like this chapter, the character designs are amazing and a painful death at the hands of a psycho is my favorite battle theme (mostly because of the snes harmonica)

also please don't drink lacquer under any circumstances

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
relevant

Blaze Dragon posted:

As I said before, it's Spanish. Still means hate though.

a word can be both spanish and latin, and odio is a valid conjugation with a more appropriate meaning than simply hatred

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
oersted is a good name and we should stick to it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i think it's really neat that you can just walk up and grab wall decorations like that

i think it's not so neat that this chapter features a lot of backtracking that feels worse than it did in other chapters because of the random encounters

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
live a live owns

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

EclecticTastes posted:

Given that Oersted's entire character arc is predicated on one bad day that drives him insane and evil, I'm surprised nobody suggested one of The Joker's many potential real names. Though, it might be the whole "no defined correct option" aspect that discouraged it.

oersted's a rad name anyway

oersted's law: a steady belief current creates a steady field of heroism around it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Acne Rain posted:

oh gently caress's sake, all these Li votes. Why'd you do that, I mean look at the title: Live A Live, right there there's a big capital A for Andre, the obvious best candidate, what part of the title spells out Li's name really.

well her name is in there twice

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Acne Rain posted:

that was the joke I was attempting, yes

i'm sorry i ruined it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Unoriginal One posted:

A note on the TotA bit: There's a scene near the beginning of the game where you get the sorcerer's ring and the fuzzy mascot it's stuck to, who will obligingly breathe fire when commanded. When called out on playing around with it in the middle of the forest, Luke claims that it wouldn't be his fault if the forest burned down, it'd be the fuzzy thing doing the fire breathing due to it being the source of the flames. The scene mentioned earlier is Luke suddenly finding himself on the other end of that.

tales of the abyss is actually pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Yapping Eevee posted:

A good couple of attempts just now lead me to believe that one's a bogus rumour.

Also, there's 37 posts between this one and the update. As I said before, if you want to know who's reading a thread...

...then you make a straw poll and let the lurkers in on it!

• Locked thread