Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Wrestler by the name of Goku!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Default names, please.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

So, is there a reason you left an emulator reload in the final video?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I am actually a bit pissed that Asimo is in that vid. Asimo rules.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

This chapter reminds me of Rule One: "Do not act incautiously when confronting little bald wrinkly smiling men"

Anyway, voting Yuan because I like his personality so far.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

EponymousMrYar posted:

Yeah, this threw me for a loop until I figured it out. It's pretty much based on levels, whoever is the highest is your surviving disciple. Because you have to train four times per area you cannot even everyone up, someone HAS to come out on top.

Wouldn't it be possible to train two people equally? Or does their level difference at the start make this impossible somehow?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I already voted for default names a few chapters ago, no idea if that vote still stands, but if not, here it is again.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Googling 'elohim essaim' turned up a page about some anime that also uses the line. It keeps mentioning that essaim is French for swarm (as in locusts) but I'm not sure if that has to do anything with anything.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

ArcadePark posted:

It's Pro-Wrestling. No matter which country you go, there will always be gigantic exaggeration of one's athlecticism due to the nature of the entertainment.

And we wouldn't have it any other way.

Sorry, but this chapter definitely wasn't pro-wrestling. You need actual skill to win in the chapter.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I wonder how often those kinds of duels happened in the actual old West.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

What...what...whaaaaaat?

Oh, hello, Final Fantasy Prelude. I didn't expect to see you here.

Unrelatedly, there's a question I keep forgetting to ask: how does the Lv up/Lv down mechanic in battles actually work? I'm guessing it's temporarily and increases/decreases all stats? Can it go beyond 1 or 16?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Onmi posted:

Really once you know the twist it's very obviously coming, but it is effective as a twist because one might assume, given the way the game has set itself up, that Oersted would say... unite the heroes of the other time periods and be the generic fantasy protagonist, not become the Demon King himself.

I do want to know what the people unaware of the twist were thinking ignoring people throwing "Brando" out as a name. When the game unlocks a hidden 8th chapter and from the updates.

I just googled it. Apparently Brando is something from some kind of anime? I don't know anything about that, so I wouldn't have gotten the joke even if I knew about the twist.

Anyway, when the princess killed herself, I found myself thinking "Welp, there's nothing he can do now but run away, leave the country, go into hiding". I guess I'm not ambitious enough to even think of becoming a demon king.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Eevee's choice, but I'd really like to see the differences of picking another starting character, just so we can see what finding each character involves.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Hey Eevee, didn't you say at some point near the beginning of this LP that the max level any character can reach is 16? So is that rule no longer valid for the finale chapter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks for the LP! That was quite the ride. This is a very pretty game, and it's obvious a lot of work went into it.

• Locked thread