Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Jagged Jim posted:

It wasn't a bad game but the constant arena fights got a bit tiresome by the end and there were a few spots where I had no idea what to do next so I would spend 15 minutes bumbling around while Venkman constantly yells at me to hurry it up. I think the worst part was they stuck in a self-insert character but gave him no personality whatsoever and adds nothing to the story but since the game was designed for 4 character they had to have one the guys constantly run off to go to the bathroom or whatever. Still, it's the closest we'll ever get to a Ghostbusters 3 and well worth a playthrough despite it's flaws.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghostbusters%3A_Afterlife?wprov=sfla1

:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think they mean the closest thing we'll get to a new movie with the original characters in their prime.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
The Ghostbusters without Egon is like the Beatles without John. :colbert:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Jagged Jim posted:

What's the Ghostbusters equivalent of Wonderful Christmas Time?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

site posted:

Oh poo poo Ghostbusters hell yeah

E: is that layers of fear game spooky? Wouldn't mind a horror game this close to halloween if it's good

Yes, I too am looking forward to that one.

Edit: Debating using one of my :10bux: coupons on Star Wars Squadrons. Does Epic totally suck as a platform, for MP or otherwise? I don't care much for Steam either, but the devil that you know and all that

JustJeff88 fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Oct 23, 2020

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

JustJeff88 posted:

Yes, I too am looking forward to that one.

Edit: Debating using one of my :tenbux: coupons on Star Wars Squadrons. Does Epic totally suck as a platform, for MP or otherwise? I don't care much for Steam either, but the devil that you know and all that

It's fine from what I've played on it

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Len posted:

It's fine from what I've played on it

Is the single player of any consequence? I have a huge soft spot for Star Wars space shooters (I bought my first joystick in decades when they rereleased Tie Fighter etc on GOG some years back) despite being a casual fan of the franchise at best, but you know as well as I that the servers will be a ghost town inside of 90 days.

Edit: Added commentary: I enjoyed the space dogfight mode in Battlegrounds 2, but hardly anyone plays that one.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

JustJeff88 posted:

Is the single player of any consequence? I have a huge soft spot for Star Wars space shooters (I bought my first joystick in decades when they rereleased Tie Fighter etc on GOG some years back) despite being a casual fan of the franchise at best, but you know as well as I that the servers will be a ghost town inside of 90 days.

Edit: Added commentary: I enjoyed the space dogfight mode in Battlegrounds 2, but hardly anyone plays that one.

I should have specified mine is in regards to the second thing, epic is a perfectly usable platform.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Jagged Jim posted:

Thanks for reminding me of the time I sold Egon a pair of Crocs.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ernie hudson was and is the best part of ghostbusters and he was great in the game while the other actors phoned in their performances IMO (especially bill murray who really didn't give a poo poo)

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

The 7th Guest posted:

ernie hudson was and is the best part of ghostbusters and he was great in the game while the other actors phoned in their performances IMO (especially bill murray who really didn't give a poo poo)

Ernie Hudson is a loving professional and always does a good job, though. As long as he gets paid he'll believe perform anything you want him to.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

The 7th Guest posted:

To this day, I never understand how hard it is to get Bill Murray in your film, and yet somehow, he did two Garfield films.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Fuzz posted:

Ernie Hudson is a loving professional and always does a good job, though. As long as he gets paid he'll believe perform anything you want him to.

A few years I got drafted into doing onsite medical poo poo for a local-level comic con type event that was a complete shitshow, and he was the only “talent” there that didn’t diva out or complain about what a disaster it was, which is funny because the other people that con got was “an inker for some marvel comics but not ones anyone has read”, “someone from the jerky boys” and “a dude that had been a zombie on a few different episodes of The Walking Dead”. They all acted like they were huge deals. Hudson just showed up, did his appearance, did photos and autographs, all that with zero attitude.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Cemetry Gator posted:

To this day, I never understand how hard it is to get Bill Murray in your film, and yet somehow, he did two Garfield films.

Probably because he was able to record the garfield movies while golfing.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Cemetry Gator posted:

And also cameos in both Zombieland movies.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Cemetry Gator posted:

Murray claims that he accepted it because he thought it was written by Joel Coen, not Joel Cohen. Somehow he made the same mistake for Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Party Boat posted:

Murray claims that he accepted it because he thought it was written by Joel Coen, not Joel Cohen. Somehow he made the same mistake for Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties.

Now I want a Coen bros Garfield movie.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Fuzz posted:

He was in Dragonball Evolution for some reason

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Ugly In The Morning posted:

A few years I got drafted into doing onsite medical poo poo for a local-level comic con type event that was a complete shitshow, and he was the only “talent” there that didn’t diva out or complain about what a disaster it was, which is funny because the other people that con got was “an inker for some marvel comics but not ones anyone has read”, “someone from the jerky boys” and “a dude that had been a zombie on a few different episodes of The Walking Dead”. They all acted like they were huge deals. Hudson just showed up, did his appearance, did photos and autographs, all that with zero attitude.

Sounds about right.

He and Carl Weathers are cut from similar clothes when it comes to work, they just show up, do the work, and don't complain. Weathers is apparently often salty with fans, or so I've heard, whereas Ernie is always a consummate gentleman.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I really like "The Man Who Knew Too Little"

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The Occupation has landed in the Prime hole.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Octave is the next Indiegala Freebie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDJlMMpG4fM

Also, looks like Keyboard Killers and The Deed have been added back to the Freebies page, but these are repeats as I already had them in my library.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

The Blair Witch Project & Ghostbusters: The Videogame Remastered are the new Epic games for the week.

Next week's game is gonna be Wargame: Red Dragon.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

FanaticalMilk posted:

Next week's game is gonna be Wargame: Red Dragon.

Not as good as AirLand Battle IMO but it still loving rules. If you like RTS, get it. If you like Cold War hardware, get it. If you like the idea of RTS games but hate build orders and needing to be able to do insane amounts of actions per minute, you will goddamn love this game.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Extreme Exorcism is the next Prime Gaming game:

https://gaming.amazon.com/home?ingress=twch

https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/2040751/movie480.webm?t=1447377079

https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256656081/movie480.webm?t=1447377817

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
Mobius is free on itch.io for a few days.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Whispering Willows free on IndieGala. Actually looks pretty cool?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Freshly thrown into the Prime Hole, right next to the overly aggressive Twitch ads:
A Knight's Quest
Smoke and Sacrifice
Aurion: Legacy of the Kori-Odan
Victor Vran Overkill Edition
Lethis - Path of Progress

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Stickman posted:

Whispering Willows free on IndieGala. Actually looks pretty cool?

It was a fun game. Not the most revolutionary thing in the world, but a cool little story that won't take too much of your time.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

The Kins posted:

Freshly thrown into the Prime Hole, right next to the overly aggressive Twitch ads:

Lethis - Path of Progress

This is a semi-modern reinterpretation of Impression's city builder titles like Caesar or Pharaoh. It's not been translated well from French, but it is still a lot of fun if you like building cities in that style.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Kingdom: Classic is the next Humble Bundle newsletter game:

https://www.humblebundle.com/?hmb_source=navbar

I already owned it, so here's a free key if anyone wants it:

57VAC-J2I?A-LWI2M where "?" is the first letter in the name of the game.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Have my kingdom too:

5DP0I-
M68Q8-
QGRFB

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
For a horse?

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

FanaticalMilk posted:

Kingdom: Classic is the next Humble Bundle newsletter game:

https://www.humblebundle.com/?hmb_source=navbar

I already owned it, so here's a free key if anyone wants it:

57VAC-J2I?A-LWI2M where "?" is the first letter in the name of the game.

Nyaa posted:

Have my kingdom too:

5DP0I-
M68Q8-
QGRFB

Both of these were taken.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

RodShaft posted:

Both of these were taken.

You can still sign up for the newsletter and get it free.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Renzo Racer is the next Indiegala Freebie game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hffAZxRPak

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Dungeons 3 is today's Epic Game.

And Stellar Interface is the next Indiegala Freebie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jerTDHpGzSc

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Bridge Constructor: Medieval is the next Prime Gaming game.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Two more 100% off codes from Reddit for Big Fish Games:

FREEGAME286055 (this one might be expired)
FREEGAME839724

I still don't know what's good, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
I really enjoy the Heart's Medicine/Delicious series, they're good time management games with pretty enjoyable melodramatic stories