Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Another game got added to the Amazon Twitch Gaming Prime Gaming thing:

Football Manager 2021 (Epic Games Store key)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

The Kins posted:

Another game got added to the Amazon Twitch Gaming Prime Gaming thing:

Football Manager 2021 (Epic Games Store key)

You need Amazon Prime and an EGS account??

Oh boy. Things are gonna get rowdy in here ;)

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out
Reminder that Dead by Daylight and While true; learn() are free on Epic now.

Godfall and Prison Architect next week.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

JammyB posted:

*Godfall Challenger Edition, which bizarrely strips out everything pre-end game.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

JammyB posted:

Learn() is a nice game but there are a lot of stages where you are left wondering what the gently caress you are supposed to do, there is little hand holding after the starter stages.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

SlowBloke posted:

Learn() is a nice game but there are a lot of stages where you are left wondering what the gently caress you are supposed to do, there is little hand holding after the starter stages.

Oof, that reminds me of how I felt playing Spacechem back in the day. Almost like I accidentally skipped something to learn bread and butter stuff so now I was staring at a wall.

(Luckily I didn't have that problem with Infinifactory and Opus Magnum.)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I bounced off space chem pretty quickly because the puzzles were pretty straightforward until one wasn't and I couldn't progress at all. Now I'm wary of playing those kinds of puzzle games.

snail
Sep 25, 2008

CHEESE!

Lib and let die posted:

You need Amazon Prime and an EGS account??

Oh boy. Things are gonna get rowdy in here ;)

I almost reacted, and then realised I don't even like "soccer", so whatevs. I'll happily let that one fly by.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

JammyB posted:

geez, and I haven't even played Dead by Daylight 1-4 yet.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
A lot of the coding puzzle games run into the trouble of expecting the player to have a comp sci education, or at least enough to know how to identify and look up the type of problem that's being presented.

Jump starting that poo poo from zero is rough and I wish the games did a bit more to introduce you to the concepts instead of throwing you against a brick wall.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

Cugel the Clever posted:

A lot of the coding puzzle games run into the trouble of expecting the player to have a comp sci education, or at least enough to know how to identify and look up the type of problem that's being presented.

Jump starting that poo poo from zero is rough and I wish the games did a bit more to introduce you to the concepts instead of throwing you against a brick wall.

You're telling me. Data science and proficiency with Python & R are the the most significant avenues for advancement in my career but I'm expected to pick that poo poo up in my free time. I'm aching for a game that can help me ease into logic based concepts while being engaging without just dumping me in the deep end.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Figuring out a coding algorithm without having context is pretty much exactly like trying to figure out the moon logic in late era point and click adventures

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Crime Cities is free on GOG until December 9th 6PM UTC.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

The Kins posted:

Never heard of this game, but it looks pretty dang cool. Thanks!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

THE BAR posted:

Never heard of this game, but it looks pretty dang cool. Thanks!

i remember the magazine ads. looked real cool to kid me.

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out

The Kins posted:

Don't know how I missed I first time round, given how much I loved G-Police and this looks so similar. Might have to actually play one of these free games...

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

It looks so similar to G-Police at a glance I thought that was what I played back in 99. Looks cool as balls

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

The Kins posted:

Oh snap, I'm pretty sure this was the game I'd played a demo of way back when and had been asking about in the various "Anyone 'member this?" threads.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I tried out that While True: Learn game. it's ok, but it doesn't seem to onboard very well. I never know if I'm failing to solve a puzzle simply because I'm not doing it right, or because I didn't buy enough things in the store that make things run faster. It's also the type of game where it feels like the developer built something and then made that output be a puzzle because I often wonder how I'm supposed to get a specific output with the things I have available. My brain just never works the same way as the person who made the puzzles so I just can't get it. It's just frustrating because I want to get gold on the challenges, and every other puzzle game I've played has made it be possible to get gold on all the challenges the first time playing them. This game feels like it is a requirement that I come back later with better stats and components in order to get the gold medal.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Has anyone played Dead by Daylight? I watched some footage of it and it just looks... crappy. I can't explain why, but my impression of it was immediately negative in a way that I rarely feel but can't explain.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
There's not a lot of games that are like it (that have survived) but it's also developed by people who don't really understand what makes it work and also move extremely slowly when fixing or changing anything. It's fine but it can get frustrating, especially as you get better and see the flaws that have been there for years. Also the fact they're only giving the base game away is telling, because if you wanna pick up all the meta perks it's either buy the DLC or wait for the in game store to roll over to it.

If you wanna play killer, in terms of the free killers Huntress and Nurse are high tier and Hillbilly's alright. Wraith's a solid starter choice, but Leatherface (who is DLC) is better still.

As for the presentation, yeah that's the poo poo you can get away with when you have no real competition.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Dec 4, 2021

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
*insert joke about shopping carts and games with dozens of DLCs here*

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The Kins posted:

This could not possibly look any more blade runner-y, so I’m gonna download it

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Mordja posted:

Oh snap, I'm pretty sure this was the game I'd played a demo of way back when and had been asking about in the various "Anyone 'member this?" threads.

Actually I was wrong! it was almost certainly the BHunter demo that I'd played.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5EkYSzB3b4

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Negostrike posted:

It looks so similar to G-Police at a glance I thought that was what I played back in 99. Looks cool as balls

I'd love a G-Police remake

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Don't forget the first MOBA:

Future Cop: LAPD

Which is also a free game which used to not be free as it's abandonware now

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

FFT posted:

Don't forget the first MOBA: Future Cop: LAPD

I LIVE, AGAIN!

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

ZombyDog posted:

I'd love a G-Police remake

FFT posted:

Future Cop: LAPD

Somehow I have never met anyone else who knew of these games. Great to be reminded of them.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I had both of them. Good times.

Gimme a Rocket Jockeys remake while we're at it.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1467224373396316160

astral
Apr 26, 2004

"Call of Juarez: Gunslinger will be free on Steam starting December 9th according to Techland's website" https://30.techlandgg.com/

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

astral posted:

"Call of Juarez: Gunslinger will be free on Steam starting December 9th according to Techland's website" https://30.techlandgg.com/
Huh, embedded fine for me. Is something playing up?

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
It's a good story-driven stylish shooter. Get it!

Br3instyrm
Jan 3, 2013
I even bought it for ps3 ages ago and loved it! It's has somehow better gamefeel than the other Call of Juarez games and the storytelling gimmick is actually funny.

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool
it's a genuinely good game.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

Br3instyrm posted:

I even bought it for ps3 ages ago and loved it! It's has somehow better gamefeel than the other Call of Juarez games and the storytelling gimmick is actually funny.

I believe the devs quoted Bastion as an inspiration. Also the big reveal that the protagonist is telling their story to a young Dwight Eisenhower and says at the end "don't tear the world down like I did. Build it up." was a bit weird.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

The Kins posted:

Huh, embedded fine for me. Is something playing up?

Some of us don’t embed tweets, and that freebie is worth highlighting. :cheers:

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
Box: The Game free to keep on Steam, some puzzle game. No idea if it's any good

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Die Young is currently free on IndieGala (they've had the "prologue" for free before, but never the full game), a house-developed/published janky open-world survival adventure. Steam reviews are positive overall, though it sounds like the jank and performance issues are too much for some peoples' taste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbFMN9Mg3_8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I've seen a bunch of one off LPs of it, but no one ever went back to it.
Worth checking out for free though.