Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Davedave24 posted:

Alba: a Wildlife Adventure is very cute and chill and good. Taking pictures of animals and picking up garbage and saving the nature preserve from the evil hotel developer. Reminds me of A Short Hike.

My grand-niece visited yesterday with with my brother’s family (Granny turned 99 on Nov 9th) and as the only child besides her little brother she disappeared into my room when I loaded up Alba on my desktop.

Now she’s bugging her Mom and grandparents for “at least” a decent laptop. We didn’t hear from the kids for like four hours, and I had to upload a bunch of Share-X screenshots to her this morning (I showed her the hotkey). It looked cute, and her brother chimed in that playing Among Us on my computer was more fun than his mom’s iPad. I guess this is how PC Gamers reproduce…osmotic-ly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Yeah, Alba is charming as hell and really captures the "Little girl going on an Adventure during Summer Vacation" vibe they were going for. One thing I thought was cute is you actually use the control stick to nod/shake your head in response to yes/no questions.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Xander77 posted:

There's an ongoing LP of the game right now and it's... pretty bad.

So? It's not like you're actually gonna play any of these games.

... or are you? Dost thou dare to break the holy covenant of the thread?!?!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Davedave24 posted:

Alba: a Wildlife Adventure is very cute and chill and good. Taking pictures of animals and picking up garbage and saving the nature preserve from the evil hotel developer. Reminds me of A Short Hike.

Is Alba free somewhere?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is Alba free somewhere?

Epic

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ah, thanks!

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out
Splinter Cell free on the Ubisoft shop (UK link). Free until 30th.

Edit: US link

\/ Sorry, updated! \/

JammyB fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 17, 2022

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

JammyB posted:

Splinter Cell free on the Ubisoft shop. Free until 30th.

Only outside the US though, it seems:

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Here's the us link, works fine now.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

poo poo, I never even thought to try. I just figured Ubi was that lovely lmao

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
As it turns out "update your location" means "go to the right country." Still had to actually find the game though, doesn't seem to be any indication it's free unless you go to its page.

A+ design.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Also, this week's freebies on Epic are up. Which means you can get Dark Deity (a Fire Emblem-alike that is pretty mediocre according to LP), Evil Dead: The Game (an asymmetric 4v1 of four versions of Ash Williams doing rituals to fight a Deadite ghost that mostly flies around like a L4D director when it's not possessing things), and some cosmetics for Rumbleverse.

Next week, Epic has Star Wars: Squadrons and, judging by previous weeks, probably another free thing they aren't announcing yet. Or maybe it's just Squadrons, who knows?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
epic's machine learning captcha is totally broken for me and says i failed no matter how many times i identify the chicken on the beach

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I've never gotten a captcha when getting stuff on epic. Why are you so untrustworthy?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Epic senses he intends to play those games

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Isn't Star Wars Squadrons multiplayer only?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

No, it has a single-player campaign where you go back and forth between a rebel pilot and one for imperials, with your squadron allies that you can talk to in between missions.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Nov 17, 2022

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Cojawfee posted:

I've never gotten a captcha when getting stuff on epic. Why are you so untrustworthy?

i dunno. i switched to edge (from Firefox) and didn't get any captcha. i guess epic really doesn't like ublock and noscript even though i had it whitelisted :shrug:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I get captchas occasionally when I log in on a PC I haven’t used EGS on in a while

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

site posted:

i dunno. i switched to edge (from Firefox) and didn't get any captcha. i guess epic really doesn't like ublock and noscript even though i had it whitelisted :shrug:
I use Firefox with uBlock and NoScript and only very rarely get captchas on EGS. I only whitelist the bare minimum to get a site working correctly in NoScript and nothing at all in uBlock if I can help it.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Mierenneuker posted:

No, it has a single-player campaign where you go back and forth between a rebel pilot and one for imperials, with your squadron allies that you can talk to in between missions.

It's a pretty bad campaign tho, played it earlier this year and was left disappointed.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Yes, but you had expectations based on paying for it. When I get a copy of the game for free, I'm sure I will never play the campaign

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Cojawfee posted:

I got one last week, for the first time (a blocked captcha that chrome couldn't see, so I kept failing to get the game until I launched the actual epic app), but
nothing this week.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I never got captcha ever since I set up their 2 factor notification on my phone. It never ask for my phone confirmation either when I sign in or grab the game.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Fallout: New Vegas on GoG: ??E79181AAB5094838 first two letters are S and W (I don't believe the bot thing but just in case)

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

VegasGoat posted:

Fallout: New Vegas on GoG: ??E79181AAB5094838 first two letters are S and W (I don't believe the bot thing but just in case)
What does this all mean, now?

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

LividLiquid posted:

What does this all mean, now?

Some people think there’s bots that automatically redeem codes posted here so I tried to obfuscate the code a little. Replace the two ?? in the code with SW and redeem on GoG.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Creator of Baba Is You combined the game with Solitaire

Babataire Ex

https://hempuli.itch.io/babataire-ex

Read those rules carefully! I just won my first game

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

VegasGoat posted:

Some people think there’s bots that automatically redeem codes posted here so I tried to obfuscate the code a little. Replace the two ?? in the code with SW and redeem on GoG.
Thank you!

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

https://www.gog.com/game/narita_boy

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I feel like GOG does these free giveaways within a week of me removing the tick on their marketing/promo e-mails. Clearly I should be doing this quicker!

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Oh hey, I played a bit of that on gamepass last year, it had some nice visuals

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mierenneuker posted:

I feel like GOG does these free giveaways within a week of me removing the tick on their marketing/promo e-mails. Clearly I should be doing this quicker!

You can just go to https://www.gog.com/en/account/settings/subscriptions and turn the emails off immediately after accepting the free game :ssh:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You can just go to https://www.gog.com/en/account/settings/subscriptions and turn the emails off immediately after accepting the free game :ssh:

I know, but I'm laaaaaaaazzzy.

Like I'm writing this reply to you right now, and while I could have totally unticked it again in this amount of time, I'm just going to continue putting it off :effort:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

lazy option: set up a filter in your email to auto-archive GOG emails

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

repiv posted:

lazy option: set up a

friend, I don't think you understand how lazy works

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

You guys are checking your emails?

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

What's an email?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It's like a piece of your soul you have to give away to get games. Even worse than giving them money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Mierenneuker posted:

I know, but I'm laaaaaaaazzzy.

Like I'm writing this reply to you right now, and while I could have totally unticked it again in this amount of time, I'm just going to continue putting it off :effort:

You are lazy enough to keep your subscription, but not lazy enough in that you always check your email? What madness is this?