Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Whether to bother to get the egs games this week has been handily answered by the complete lack of interest from anyone to actually post them I guess. 😁

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Breetai posted:

Whether to bother to get the egs games this week has been handily answered by the complete lack of interest from anyone to actually post them I guess. 😁
RPG In A Box is a gamedev tool (basically a premade voxel-based RPG setup for Godot). Dunno what Fort Triumph is.

Next week's are Saints Row IV Re-Elected and Wildcat Gun Machine. Incidentally, if you own the original SR4 on Steam you'll apparently be given a free copy of Re-Elected with all the DLC on that date.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Fort Triumph sounds interesting to me: xcom meets heroes of might and magic. I haven’t tried it yet, but I plan to.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Also not a free game but possibly a free steam deck to install (but not play) those free games on: https://store.steampowered.com/sale/thegameawardssteamdeckdrop2022

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

quote:

Don't forget to watch The Game Awards at 5:00 PM PST on December 8th. You can only win if you are watching on Steam at the time of the drawing.
Boo this man, overreaching technocratic deep state surveillance, etc.
(I'll probably do it)

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Yeah I don't think I'll be watching a video game award show at 2am on a Thursday night

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

VegasGoat posted:

Fort Triumph sounds interesting to me: xcom meets heroes of might and magic. I haven’t tried it yet, but I plan to.

That's what I thought when I bought it earlier this year. It didn't hold my interest for very long though. It felt like a lesser Xcom meets a lesser HoMM.

There might be a good game in there, but I didn't put in enough time to find it.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Sereri posted:

Yeah I don't think I'll be watching a video game award show at 2am on a Thursday night

Might just leave the stream running when I go to bed and see what happens.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i remember that some goons really liked fort triumph when it came out, but i wasn't terribly impressed by it. it substituted design for randomization whenever possible.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

hold up and listen to me a minute. fort triumph is good and you should play it. you can make Mousetrap-like combos with the enemy push/pull/kick and the character reactions and the environmental interactions. it's nothing like xcom. my dissatisfactions with it are mechanical stuff like lacking a high ground bonus (that actually does anything noticeable) and the fact that the campaign is short and there aren't enough classes. my complaints are stuff tht would be fixed in a sequel. in fact, fort triumph 2 is the only game sequel i'm really desirous of.

maybe it just happens to cater to my specific druthers, but it's definitely worth investing an hour in to see if you like it too.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i remember that some goons really liked fort triumph when it came out, but i wasn't terribly impressed by it. it substituted design for randomization whenever possible.

i absolutely agree that handcrafted campaign fights would really make it sing.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Tesseraction posted:

Might just leave the stream running when I go to bed and see what happens.

Wonder if free games count as “buying a game during [timeframe] to verify country”? I get off at 2 sure I’ll throw it on while I watch something else

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Wonder if free games count as “buying a game during [timeframe] to verify country”? I get off at 2 sure I’ll throw it on while I watch something else
The website says you need to have bought a game between November 14th 2021 and November 14th 2022 to be able to register for the giveaway for specifically this reason.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Kins posted:

The website says you need to have bought a game between November 14th 2021 and November 14th 2022 to be able to register for the giveaway for specifically this reason.

*gazing sadly at my digital wallet*

I think I will qualify.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Man I squeaked into meeting the requirements for that. Well I pre-ordered Elden Ring last year but I did it via greenman so no idea if that counts

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/OnDeck/status/1598096880168480769?s=20&t=jkQ7f6g8YopYonzhr2OY5g

Probably win the lottery before winning this but if you can tolerate three hours of George Keighly maybe you can snag a Deck…

Objective Action
Jun 10, 2007

I mean I was planning to watch it anyway so sure, a tiny tiny chance at free stuff for no effort!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The Kins posted:

I bought elden ring and then returned it because it ran so poorly, wonder if that counts.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Cartoon Man posted:

https://twitter.com/OnDeck/status/1598096880168480769?s=20&t=jkQ7f6g8YopYonzhr2OY5g

Probably win the lottery before winning this but if you can tolerate three hours of George Keighly maybe you can snag a Deck…

At least they might show a game reveal worth a drat, but I dont think they have since Skyrim 12 years ago or whatever.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The Kins posted:

There is no giveaway. This is an elaborate honeypot to out people who didn't buy PC Game of the Year: Vampire Survivors!

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!

Mierenneuker posted:

There is no giveaway. This is an elaborate honeypot to out people who didn't buy PC Game of the Year: Vampire Survivors!

I play Vampire Survivors for free* on Game Pass!

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

The Kins posted:

There is another way to register for this without making a Steam purchase or watching their TGA stream. Way more hassle to do so but the option is there:

quote:

2.2 Alternative Entry via Post

To manually enter the Giveaway, each Entrant must legibly print their name, address, city, state, country, postal code, email address, Steam account name (account can be limited or unlimited), and telephone number, as well as the name and date of the Giveaway that the entry is for (“The Game Awards 2022 Giveaway”), on a self-addressed 4"x6" note card and mail the completed form to: Valve Corporation, P.O. Box 1688, Bellevue, WA 98009-1688. Only note cards mailed in envelopes and postmarked before or on December 8, 2022 and received by Valve before December 19, 2022 will be accepted. No e-mailed or faxed alternate entries are eligible. Facsimiles, photocopies or mechanical reproductions of entries will be void. Only one alternative entry via post per person. Proof of sending or submitting a note card is not proof of receipt of such alternate entry.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

The Kins posted:

The fine print does not specify games. It just says "you must have made a purchase on Steam between 12:00am GMT on Nov 14, 2021 and 11:59 pm GMT on Nov 14, 2022, from one of the Giveaway Countries," so I am going to assume these wallet credits in my purchase history will count.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

I cannot find it anywhere in the fine print: Can we enter twice via the website and via snail mail? Would Steam allow us to double our chances of winning?

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Flair posted:

I cannot find it anywhere in the fine print: Can we enter twice via the website and via snail mail? Would Steam allow us to double our chances of winning?

No, this is strictly the "no purchase necessary" alternative that is legally required to be an option for giveaways like this.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Flair posted:

the winners are gonna be ppl with households of 16 individuals with steam accounts

The General
Mar 4, 2007

SnakesRevenge posted:

I play Vampire Survivors for free* on Game Pass!

Game pass costs less than a coffee every six months, there's no reason not to have it.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

The General posted:

Game pass costs less than a coffee every six months, there's no reason not to have it.

Sheer power of will.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

MonkeyforaHead posted:

No, this is strictly the "no purchase necessary" alternative that is legally required to be an option for giveaways like this.

I was wondering why they went to the effort for this and legal requirement answers that easily.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
How much does coffee cost now?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

No idea. Haven't bought one in 20 years. But it was like 3bux then, so I assume it's like $15 now, and with gamepass being a buck a month, there's no reason not to have it.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Rinkles posted:

How much does coffee cost now?

Far too much, but according to Starbucks it's all because of unionisation.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Yeah, the "no purchase necessary" here (and on other contests like McDonald's Monopoly or whatever) is because otherwise it would be considered gambling, legally, and open up a whole other can of worms.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

The General posted:

No idea. Haven't bought one in 20 years. But it was like 3bux then, so I assume it's like $15 now, and with gamepass being a buck a month, there's no reason not to have it.

I don’t think everyone can reliably repeatedly get the $1 deal.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Tesseraction posted:

I was wondering why they went to the effort for this and legal requirement answers that easily.

It all stems down to people running giveaways years ago and then some crybaby crybabying because they weren't allowed to enter the sweepstakes to win something because they weren't willing to go buy a taco or whatever was required to enter. So now you have to offer a free entry via the mail. And even then, I think there are some states where you just can't do a giveaway at all.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Rinkles posted:

I don’t think everyone can reliably repeatedly get the $1 deal.

You can also just do searches on bing to save up points and get gamepass.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Sometimes you have to settle with $1 for 3 months of Gamepass Ultimate. But I've been doing it for a year or more now.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I’ve been doing it for a few months. But it initially didn’t work after my first trial. And some others only ever get the three month trial.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Mescal posted:

the winners are gonna be ppl with households of 16 individuals with steam accounts

The fineprint says "restricted to 1 item per household", presumably they'll check for duplicate billing/delivery addresses

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

HenryEx posted:

The fineprint says "restricted to 1 item per household", presumably they'll check for duplicate billing/delivery addresses

The fineprint does that say, but I am not looking to double my winnings. I am only looking to increase my chances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

The General posted:

isn't it 15bux after the 1 dollar trial ends
efb