Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Shadowruns are my favorite Kickstarter rpgs. I had zero experience with the setting but always thought it seemed cool, and spoilers: it is loving cool

I felt that Dragonfall had the better main story while Hong Kong had better companions, but both games own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

site posted:

The shadowrun games loving own, but if you've never played them I recommend looking up how to port the shadowrun returns campaign to dragonfalls engine. Less buggy, has some changes to gameplay that will keep it in line with dragonfall and Hong Kong

This is apparently how to do it? I didn't know that was a thing you could do, but I guess it makes sense. Still the weakest of the three.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

TGLT posted:

This is apparently how to do it? I didn't know that was a thing you could do, but I guess it makes sense. Still the weakest of the three.

I think it only works with returns and df, I don't think you can port either to hk

And it is, but considering it's basically a prototype so they could get funding for df I can forgive its short length and relative lack of depth

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

https://store.steampowered.com/app/919220/Destiny_or_Fate/

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Veib posted:

Shadowruns are my favorite Kickstarter rpgs.

They're definitely my favorite implementation of lovely backer cruft because it means a bunch of the characters in the game are fat computer janitors with cyborg eyes and tusks awkwardly painted onto them to try and make them look badass.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
the nfl player had a cool cyberpunk self insert

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i think one guy sent a picture of their dog

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
did you just have that portrait ready to go?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

cuntman.net posted:

i think one guy sent a picture of their dog

shaking my cyberpunk or fetish gear magic 8-ball and it's coming up pup hood

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

El_Elegante posted:

did you just have that portrait ready to go?

i always have it open in a pinned tab just in case someone ever mentions the portraits in shadowrun and boy am i smug right now

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
It is amazing.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
There's nothing in the rules that says a dog can't be a decker

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Well hello there, Diablo 3 female barb and male monk, and, uh.. Littlefinger? :shrug:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Sleeveless posted:

They're definitely my favorite implementation of lovely backer cruft because it means a bunch of the characters in the game are fat computer janitors with cyborg eyes and tusks awkwardly painted onto them to try and make them look badass.

I still get a kick out of Pillars of Eternity, if only because it meant some people donated and ended up being known as “that dude you can kill for free plate armor with zero risk or consequence”.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
What actually comes with the free Hitman 2016?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Look Sir Droids posted:

What actually comes with the free Hitman 2016?

They are selling a GOTY upgrade that adds the Patient Zero campaign and some misc unlocks, so I would assume the free copy includes the full original campaign and non-Patient-Zero bonus missions

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/hitman/game-of-the-year-upgrade

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If they ever add Hitman 2 to EGS, you will also be able to add all the Hitman 2016 content to Hitman 2. Hopefully the same works for 3.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
So I claimed the Shadowrun thing but only Dragonfall has an install button in my library (coincidently the only one I already own) where it says "install" for everything else it just says "unavailable" for Shadowrun Returns and Shadowrun: Hong Kong.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

If they ever add Hitman 2 to EGS, you will also be able to add all the Hitman 2016 content to Hitman 2. Hopefully the same works for 3.

Yeah that's the awkward thing with this giveaway: progress in the original Hitman 2016 client doesn't carry forward to Hitman 2, but Hitman 2 or its free demo can import the 2016 levels if you own it.

The best way to play Hitman 2016 is to skip directly to Hitman 2 and play the 2016 content there... but they didn't add Hitman 2 to EGS yet :argh:

repiv fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Aug 27, 2020

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

Skwirl posted:

So I claimed the Shadowrun thing but only Dragonfall has an install button in my library (coincidently the only one I already own) where it says "install" for everything else it just says "unavailable" for Shadowrun Returns and Shadowrun: Hong Kong.

Probably need to click settings in the bottom left, update and restart. I noticed that happen with a game I think I had installed already a few days ago.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ZombieApostate posted:

Probably need to click settings in the bottom left, update and restart. I noticed that happen with a game I think I had installed already a few days ago.

That did it, thank you.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

El_Elegante posted:

Combat isn’t as deep as xcom

Lmao if (since) you mean the newer games.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

repiv posted:

Yeah that's the awkward thing with this giveaway: progress in the original Hitman 2016 client doesn't carry forward to Hitman 2, but Hitman 2 or its free demo can import the 2016 levels if you own it.

The best way to play Hitman 2016 is to skip directly to Hitman 2 and play the 2016 content there... but they didn't add Hitman 2 to EGS yet :argh:

Hitman content is so needlessly complicated.

I'm guessing you can't install the Steam Hitman 2 demo to get around this?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I don't think that would work, Hitman 2 grants you the Hitman 1 content automatically so I think it's just querying the Steam API to see if you own it. That's not gonna work if you own it on another store.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

What exactly are you missing out on by playing the Hitman 2016 levels in Hitman 2016 instead of in Hitman 2?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

There's various gameplay and balance improvements in the Hitman 2 engine, and playing the 2016 campaign in Hitman 2 means your gadget/gear unlocks will be unified across both campaigns.

You can carry everything you got in the 2016 campaign forward to the Hitman 2 campaign, and replay the 2016 levels with new items that only exist in Hitman 2.

The original Hitman 2016 isn't bad by any means, it's just preferable to jump straight into Hitman 2 :shrug:

repiv fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Aug 28, 2020

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Skwirl posted:

What exactly are you missing out on by playing the Hitman 2016 levels in Hitman 2016 instead of in Hitman 2?

Mainly enemies can see you in mirrors now, afaik

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
There are some changes made in Hitman 2 that make some things impossible in Hitman 1 levels. Physics changed, so things you could do in the first game by bouncing objects don't work in Hitman 2. Other than that, it's like repiv said, the unlocks you get in the Hitman 1 levels can be used in Hitman 2 and vice versa.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

repiv posted:

The original Hitman 2016 isn't bad by any means, it's just preferable to jump straight into Hitman 2 :shrug:

Cool so that's free too?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

Cool so that's free too?

If you own Hitman 2016 on Steam you can get the free demo for Hitman 2 and begin playing the 2016 content in Hitman 2 without committing to buying it straight away

but not on egs because they don't have hitman 2 yet

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

site posted:

There's nothing in the rules that says a dog can't be a decker

pedigree chummer

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I played returns on Android and honestly it went way better than I expected it to. Saves can also be edited in a save game editor on PC if you transfer the save files, so that was a nice bonus.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Using the -EpicPortal line on a Hitman.exe shortcut just opens EGS sadly.
Some games just desire that connection.

e: funny thing is that it doesnt open the game, just EGS, you still have to click launch.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Impulsion got added as the next Prime Gaming title.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

I think someone said that if you have Hitman 2 on Steam it should give you 1?
But it seems to want to charge me another $20+$10 for it.
loving menus are so confusing, full of poo poo I don't own.
This Seasons bullshit needs to die a fiery death.

e: oh, maybe i read that wrong.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Aug 29, 2020

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

OgNar posted:

I think someone said that if you have Hitman 2 on Steam it should give you 1?
But it seems to want to charge me another $20+$10 for it.
loving menus are so confusing, full of poo poo I don't own.
This Seasons bullshit needs to die a fiery death.

It’s the other way around - if you own 1 you can download the demo for 2 and play all the 1 content in the 2 engine. If you just own 2 you have to buy 1 or the 1 dlc to access that content.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Stickman posted:

It’s the other way around - if you own 1 you can download the demo for 2 and play all the 1 content in the 2 engine. If you just own 2 you have to buy 1 or the 1 dlc to access that content.

Well that counts me out I guess, I have 2 on steam and now 1 on EGS.

Thanks.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I wouldn't be completely surprised if they end up giving away Hitman 2 as well in a month or two, before HIII gets its (paid) release in January.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Yeah the giveaways are usually games that weren't on the store prior to the giveaway, so that might be why they haven't added H2 to the store yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Silent Gentlemen & Theatre of War 2: Battle for Caen are the 2 new Indiegala Freebies.

FanaticalMilk fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Aug 31, 2020