Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Uplay is loving garbage can’t even reset my password in 2019 lol

I had to create a support ticket because of this, and it took days for them to even respond with an email. I realized then I don't give a poo poo and didn't even read it. Uplay is irredeemable trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

I'd really like to try it but Uplay is irredeemable trash...

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

treat posted:

City of Brass is also now free on Epic's store

This is a cool concept and it's done well, but i feel like the combat is kinda sluggish. I wish it was just little faster paced. It's still pretty fun.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

dogstile posted:

Mutant Year Zero was another genuinely good game that the Epic Store gave out.

It's a good looking game that works just fine mechanically, and I'm gonna try it again, but I'm bouncing hard off of it. Maybe I skipped something, or I'm just bad, but it seems like the difficulty curve is way to steep. I can't get past the first fight in the first, main non tutorial mission. And the world building comes across as lazy. You control a "Stalker", you hunt "Ghouls" in "The Zone", you find things made by "The Ancients", your main base is "The Ark", it's a bunch of placeholder labels.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

That's very useful advice, I'll keep that in mind for next time, thanks. And I didn't know about the 80s RPG, so all that makes a lot more sense now.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

I've been meaning to pick up a copy but kept forgetting about it. I guess it's a good thing now that I can get it for free.

Last weeks free game, Dauntless, is it basically Epic's Monster Hunter? The art looks precisely like Fortnite.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

..btt posted:

Dauntless is F2P

Oh is it? I must've mixed up this thread with something else. Disregard.

I played the tutorial and it looks like out could be fun if I had any friends that played it, or indeed any friends at all.

oh dope fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Nov 1, 2019

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Zesty posted:

I do not recommend Planet Explorers. It's not even worth it at that price. It is nothing like My Time At Portia.

What about for young children <10 years old?

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

The combat is aggressively bad. Oblivion did it better.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Maybe I'm being a little dramatic, but man i did not enjoy it at all. Maybe I'm missing something.

But speaking of free games, I just now realized I have copies of Faster Than Light and XCom: Enemy Unknown in my Steam inventory. I have no idea where they came from or how long I've had them, but I already own both games so if you want one or both, shoot me a pm.

Edit: They gone

oh dope fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Feb 17, 2020

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Oh nice. Just last week i was a hair away from buying that.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

All this talk about Volition just makes me wish FreeSpace was coming back....

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

I just found this out, but for anyone else wondering, Crying Suns is a fancier i.e. better FTL. It's definitely worth the pickup IMO, but I know some people just aren't into that kind of game.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

A friend of mine gifted me a game from my steam wishlist over Christmas, so now I don't even get to play it. Thanks for nothing, dickhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

I'm sure the board game is a lot of fun but simply just picking up loot in the video game is about 300% more complicated than it needs to be.