Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
With epic games store freebies are they download then free forever like PS plus but without the sub?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I love you all but I’ve got it now thank you

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

timp posted:

Never heard of any of these, anyone have any recommendations?

I don’t know the others but snake pass is a really fun platformer I guess you’d call it. Have to control a snake in very physics-y puzzles. Infuriating at times but very satisfying when you get it

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Just shut the gently caress up you stupid nerds, Jesus Christ

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Kheldarn posted:

MMOHuts is giving away keys for Shop Titans on Steam. MMOHuts account is required. There are 912 keys left as of this posting.

I checked out the reviews on steam and it says it’s normally free?

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Len posted:

The poo poo software we use at work can one up that. It ignores nothing and considers capital and lower case their own alphabets. For example if you have "customer a" and then "CUSTOMER B" customer b is higher on the list because it's in caps

This should be illegal

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Bottom Liner posted:

Some of the solo TTRPGs are really interesting and that's a space that's been rapidly evolving and growing. There's also some sweet project management software in there.

What is a TTRPG?

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

..btt posted:

It's an incredibly inaccessible game, essentially, but this aspect is a conscious choice by the developers. Characters start out slow to emphasize the power increases you get while levelling / gearing up. Once you've levelled a few characters it doesn't take long to get one going. You do get movement skills and a run-fast flask early in the first act as quest reward options.

If you haven't tried it for a while, characters come online much earlier than they used to do, but despite being the best ARPG on the market at the moment by a considerable margin, it's still extremely hard to get into and I can't blame anyone for bouncing off it. The people in the goon thread are super helpful, and if you have any interest in ARPGs it's probably worth giving it another bash some time - I'd suggest next league (season) since it's supposed to be a big one, and this league's gimmick is focussed on crafting which is an insanely complicated thing for a newbie to wrap their head around.

I don’t blame you and I say the same thing about some other games I like but goddamn if “the developers make the start inaccessible and boring to make the later parts seem fun” is legit the biggest switch off for a game to me. How about just making the entire game fun game devs!!

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

..btt posted:

I don't think they intend to make the game inaccessible, it's just something that's very difficult to address without neutering the mechanical complexity that makes the game so interesting. But the characters feeling a little slow before you've got all your movement options and passive tree support together is intended. The devs speak relatively openly about their design decisions, and this is something they've spoken about before. If you start a new character off zooming around the screen exploding everything before you see it, the whole experience feels a bit flat and pointless. Looking forward to the next big upgrade, and your character getting noticably more powerful, is part of what makes ARPGs compelling imo.

There are plenty of faults with POE, but the op was asking if he was missing something because everything felt slow and tedious for the first few maps, and this is why.

It really is quick and easy to level characters when you know what you're doing, you're talking about the first few hours of a character that you'll play for hundreds of hours... but that's a pretty huge hump to get over considering the vast amount of mechanics that have been added to the game over time, and the difficulty of the content that long-term players take for granted.

Yeah I understand the idea. But plenty of other games are still fun at the start then get even more fun. Obviously it’s subjective me for me- they got the balance wrong

PoE was just dreary to me. Great for people sinking hundreds of hours into it those few hours won’t matter. But it was a waste on me and I had a lot more fun smashing around in diablo 3, regardless of which was “deeper”.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Len posted:

I've got a co-worker who is a 50 year old console warrior who finds a reason literally every day to go "Xbox is better than PS4 you should get one" and doesn't seem to understand that I have a PC and there's literally nothing xbone has I can't play on it.

He also goes "ew you buy games?" In response to anyone in the office saying they bought a game. Apparently Gamepass is the only way to play games now?

This guy sounds awful.

Hating Sony for having the rights to a thing is as dumb as hating pc only games or some poo poo. Who cares it’s how it all works just get a loving PlayStation instead there are plenty of rad games you can’t get on PC on it and that’s actually ok

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Zesty posted:

...what platform? Should be more clear on that. This isn't an EGS thread exclusive thread.

I mean even you figured it out and also all of the recent posts these last few days have been about the highly publicised EGS free game Christmas giveaway sooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I honestly thought among us was already free