Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
On the first day of Christmas my leaker gave to me, an old game and some DLC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

On a general note the amount of free games and super cheap bundles being thrown around these days would have absolutely blown my mind as a kid growing up in the late 90s/early 2000s.

Unfortunately for the game industry, I don't think I paid for a single game during that time.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Goddamn, is Inside the prequel to the Uncharted games because this little dude has the endurance of a veteran Ironman competitor.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

elf help book posted:

Thanks for posting the reminders each day

yeah, no joke, I would've missed a bunch of these games without the reminders

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Nobody cares but I don't want to work so you get a list.

Of the 43 free games I've gotten off the EGS, I've played and completed: GTA V, Battlefront 2, and Death Coming, Inside and Tacoma.

Started but didn't finish: Rage 2, Cave Story (replay), Dandara, Night in the Woods, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, Crying Suns, Watch Dogs 2

More than I would've expected, actually.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
I think I might have had a fever dream about this but I seem to remember that at some point it was possible to play one of the old Worms games online on a browser?

Edit: I mean online with other people.

dpkg chopra fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 23, 2021

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Stickman posted:

Apparently the Last Survivor DLC is now bundled when you claim Alien: Isolation for free on Epic. This was just added today, so if you've already bought or claimed Alien: Isolation you'll have to do it again to get the DLC. You don't claim the DLC directly, just claim the main game again and it will automatically add Last Survivor to you account!

Thanks for this!

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
One of the few games I have paid money for in recent years solely on the strength of the GDQ speed run commentated by tomatoanus.

Game is good. Haven’t touched multiplayer.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
The Reddit thread for Microsoft Rewards claims that MS will occasionally ban accounts that use the extension so keep that in mind.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Trickyblackjack posted:

I think I said this last week, but Lion's Song is really lovely and surprisingly poignant. If you want a point n click, it's well worth your time.

So I played Episode 1 and while the art and music are lovely, this seems more like an interactive picture book than an adventure game?

Like at no point do you need to solve a puzzle in the whole episode, just click on things to advance the story.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Len posted:

Holy poo poo 2020 was a long year, it hasn't been that long since it came up last at least

Edit: did anything ever come from that supposed epic data leak last month?

Next week’s giveaway will be one year of free credit monitoring

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

repiv posted:

Defense Grid and Verdun are free on EGS this week

Mothergunship and Train Sim World 2 next

Goddamn, I'd forgotten how addictive Defense Grid is. Had to uninstall it because it just completely wrecked my weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Xander77 posted:

Ah.

There are also two copies of Blood Dragon one screen down.

Looking forward to being able to trade in my repeated games for gems or even combine them for the chance to get a slightly better quality version of the game.