Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I appreciate the people who post about new free games available

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Good heavens, it's absolutely unacceptable that you have to skip past posts that dont contain a link
:hmmyes: loving goons man

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zesty posted:

That killed a half hour.

it's pretty fun

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mierenneuker posted:

Wasteland 2 is a freebie on GOG for the next 48 hours as part of their winter sale:
https://www.gog.com/game/wasteland_2_directors_cut_digital_classic_edition
nice!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
are there any good gog browser extensions? for showing best price over time, sorting by price etc

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hollandia posted:

It's very rude of them to put up free games that I've previously paid for on Steam but not yet played.
they are calling you out specifically

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Oh gross, Offworld Trading Company is published by Brad Wardell, noted creep. Please consider not clicking the buy button, as it might reduce the take he's gonna rake in from the promo ;)
drat, wish I knew this beforehand

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I appreciated knowing about it

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
death throes starting early I see

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

teacup posted:

With epic games store freebies are they download then free forever like PS plus but without the sub?
free forever as long as use the client

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Discendo Vox posted:

Not technically free, but the cause is good and the value ratio is too insane to not mention: Itch.io asked their devs to donate games in a bundle with proceeds donated to the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund and Community Bail Fund split 50/50.

The result is a bundle of 744 paid games available for five bucks.

Better-recognized games include:

• Babysitter Bloodbath, from the seminal 80s throwback horror creator Puppet Combo
  • Lancer, the tabletop setting and rulebook from the creator of Kill Six Billion Demons
  • Night in the Woods, a goon favorite
  • OneShot, a particularly popular metacommentary-laden indie darling
  • Super Hexagon, the popular twitch action game
  • Cook Serve Delicious 2, another goon-favorite sim that accurately induces restaurant industry RSI
  • Bleed and Bleed 2, well-known platform action entries
  • Quadrilateral Cowboy, a first person hack-em-up

aaand my computer ran out of memory scrolling down but that's in the first few rows. All this plus a gazillion of the rainbow of arthouse games and zines and such that itch.io houses, all without DRM.

edit:
Note that when you finish the purchase you're put on a unique page associated with your purchase. Save this address page. You need to click the download button for each game that you want in your library. Itch attaches the bundle to your account but I can't tell how you would cleanly get back to its page, and it says it emails the link to you, but I didn't get that email.
Bargain! I noticed it has a bunch of RPG’s that are easily worth $20 each

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lancer and Troika off the top of my head, table top rpgs

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bowmore posted:

Lancer and Troika off the top of my head, table top rpgs
oh and Blades In The Dark I bought physical for $50, insanely good ttrpg

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I was looking through them and Minit is in there as well, I paid $15 for that on the Switch not that long ago, great game

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Dear Esther is a game I’ve always wanted to try but could never quite pull the trigger on, so this is nice
it’s good

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
buying Watchdogs 2 used seems like less effort, it's like $4

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

flatluigi posted:

hate to break it to you but you're going to have to log in to those sites too -- and enter payment details!!
Still better than getting up at 4am

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

It's a moot point anyway, I already posted the tweet with the website saying it's all day and not just the hour window.
Oh I missed that, that's good

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think I did it? who knows

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

OgNar posted:

I am such a huge Spider-Man fan and have been all my life.
Yet it has been years since I've been able to play a Spider-Man game because of elitist bullshit from Sony.

Good job denying fans.
Just buy a PS4 if you love spiderman so much :lol:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
oh, this conversation again

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

njsykora posted:

It's preferable to the Epic conversation again at least.
It's the same conversation though

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FanaticalMilk posted:

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair got added to Prime Gaming. It says it's been available since 12/11, but I didn't see it until today:

https://gaming.amazon.com/home?ingress=twch
Thanks

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Horizon Zero Dawn just came out for PC a few months ago

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Social Animal posted:

That game looks super generic. Has anyone played it?
i love my free generic game

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

JustJeff88 posted:

Trust me to buy a physical copy of Zero Dawn a few months ago. It was only $20, but still.
Did you buy the complete edition?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Deponia is the first game I haven't redeemed on purpose

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nyaa posted:

I assume two-factor alone is foolproof enough if no one got my phone?
people can pay like $14 to get access to your texts, so don't make any enemies keen on your game accounts

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my normal account is my burner account

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It’s World War 1.0

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's not listed on the front of the store page but 2064 Read Only Memories is free (to claim/keep) on EGS for the next 24 hours-ish.
Game is a good time and also short

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

JustJeff88 posted:

Is PC Building Simulator as frustrating as building a new desktop PC in real life? Last time I bought a gaming rig I bought all the parts and paid a professional to make a computer out of them. Smartest thing I've ever done.

Building a desktop PC is very simple

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Large Testicles posted:

Just in case you were curious about why you should be wary of EGS. https://www.theverge.com/2021/10/15/22729050/epic-game-store-open-to-blockchain-cryptocurrency-nft-games

If you have a problem with this I'm going to report you for crimes against humanity.
Do you mean don’t have a problem?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

END CHEMTRAILS NOW posted:

Turns out I have a few humble bundle extras also. Feel free to PM me if you want:

Pillars of Eternity
Nuclear Throne
Rain World (taken)
Rise & Shine
I'll take Rise & Shine if that's cool?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

I think what it comes down to is that America sucks, China sucks, capitalism sucks, the world sucks, and humans suck, and if we all just died we'd be much happier.

But you know what doesn't suck? Free games. You know why they don't suck? Because I'll never loving play them, so I can never be disappointed by them. And as if that wasn't enough, free games means my game number go up!!

truest post i've ever seen

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It's insane that I have 219 games in my Epic library and only bought one of them (with one of those $15 coupons)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cojawfee posted:

How can you tell how many games you own? I don't see a number anywhere.
I counted them

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

2house2fly posted:

Pathfinder Kingmaker confirmed for free. Was the leak that said that would be free the same one that said Prey would be?

Hey I actually kinda want to play this one

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
All three of the new Tomb Raider games are really good, free games you should actually play!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cugel the Clever posted:

I've been playing both Prey and Pathfinder, oddly.

Cringe