Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
So Twitch Prime is giving out some games per month for their prime member starting tommorow.

I register an amazon account and use the prime free trial to get the Twitch prime for free.

Just need to remember to unsubscribe them later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Reporting the twitch prime from Amazon Trial worked. I got:

Superhot
Shadow Tactics
Tales from Candlekeep
Oxenfree
Mr. Shifty

Next month I should get on April 1:

Tales From the Borderlands
SteamWorld Dig 2
Kingsway
Tokyo 42
Dubwars

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Eador is a good game. Not sure about this remake ver though.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The catch is making a battle.net account and I stopped it when it ask for my phone for security.

Destiny 2 is not worth the annoyance.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I don’t like any game by bizzard, or rather, not the kind of genres i like.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Honestly, with the amount of AAA level free game I am getting bi-monthly, it worth more than whatever they got from me and the hassles.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Steep is free through UPlay.

Now I can talk in this thread! :agesilaus:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

All I care in this thread is free game announcement and discussion of whether the game is worth playing or not. A few have pointed out that some game aren’t worth playing even when it’s free.

These free game are often lesser known and I would appreciate knowing something about it without the need to visit another thread to ask about it.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

August 15th is the deadline for sign up.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

You can also open most steam game’s exe directly from the game folder unless the dev program it to require steam client.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

KCD is great. It takes awhile to unlock/reach the full experience for a few mechanics. Like people complaining about the MC sucks in combat and didn’t realize he will become very competent after leveling the relevant skills.

It satisfies my kleptomania urge as much as elderscroll games. In fact, it’s much harder to do so in a good way.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

~Coxy posted:

I can't get their newsletter URL to load.
https://newsletter.11bitstudios.com
right?
The error is the server being overloaded. Keep refreshing until you get in. Same for claiming the key.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It says the offer went until the 6th, so it might be over?
Looks like you need to do it through the steam page.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Maybe it’s real scale dinosaur in 8k? :v:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Have my kingdom too:

5DP0I-
M68Q8-
QGRFB

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I prefer my farming/crafting sim to have strong emphasis in world-building and social interaction, which Portia is vastly superior to Stardew in that aspect.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I assume two-factor alone is foolproof enough if no one got my phone?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

repiv posted:

TOTP (the type where you scan a QR code into an app like google authenticator) is much stronger
Yeah, I put mine on the Authenticator app.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Hollandia posted:

Sounds like you can get Iron Harvest for free using the install link from https://steamdb.info/app/826630/ ? I think you need to have the steam client open though.
I'm at work so can't test it currently
Worked. Not sure what the item name mean: Iron Harvest ( CoreClient CYS Only )

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

ZombieApostate posted:

Supposedly ABS can get you banned.
What happen to your subscription when you are banned?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

My old email also got ruined trying to apply for various scholarships online. :eng99:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Rebel Galaxy is free on EGS today.

I came here to get some opinions on it. You have all failed me.
The combat is a 360 railshooter in disguise, which is pretty fun for at least a couple hours. It becomes a grind to get numbers up with money from the same few job types. Story is somewhat interesting and provide permanent upgrade too.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Aug 12, 2021

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

dogstile posted:

Where it was actively detrimental to save up and buy really big guns because everything scaled to your max level item?
:eyepop: So that’s why my midgame suddenly became insanely difficult and i had been trying so hard to catch up with the enemy’s spec.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Check the pc building thread before you build one. It’s much faster for pro goon to check compatibility and hardware review than you googling it for hours.

I also prefer custom order someone to build it for me. Sometimes certain PC components like graphic card would come with a ‘free’ game along with it. :v:

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Oct 8, 2021

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

If we are talking about free game fhat come with hardware purchase…

Once in a while, I would window shop on Cyberpower PC website to see what extremely expensive PC you can build with infinite money.:sparkles:

Usually, some brand or product would display their offer for purchasing that specific hardware in the custom build page.

For example, I found the Intel Gamer Days bundle that give you Humankind and Crysis trilogy for purchasing a qualifying intel 10th or 11th gen CPU.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I use LastPass (PC password vault) and it’s Authenticator phone app on Epic and other stuff that supports it.

Not sure how well that do, but Epic didn’t ask me for password ever again. So it’s easy to auto sign in with gmail, grab free game, and sign-out/expire. :v:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

~Coxy posted:

According to GOG Galaxy I have 796 free games (although that is slightly inflated by things like test realms, Remasters
You disgust me with your 7+ games.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Iratus is free on GOG. Way better than Darkest Dungeon imo.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I also enjoy staring at all those downloaded free game’s icons on my desktop and never touch them.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

What if the seller got it for free and I buy it from them, then I gift it for free, and the other friend gift it back to me? Then I sell it back to the seller so they can play it knowing they pay for their own free game that they sold and buy? :thunk:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

ilitarist posted:

but you don't actually have to use them at all.
You do get to use them like 3 times, and then the story suddenly end at a to-be-continued spot. What a bummer. :(

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I never got captcha ever since I set up their 2 factor notification on my phone. It never ask for my phone confirmation either when I sign in or grab the game.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Darn it, I always wanted to play the original Fallout games. Oh well, I guess I never will now.
Encased is as good as the original fallout. Maybe better in many aspect thanks to modernized design and other inspiration. It also have the Stalker’s anomaly system for those who want to relive throwing stone at warp field.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

That’s the game launcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Breathedge would be significantly better if it’s narrate by Glados.