Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Can I do hyperwar? The khaganate will rise again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mordja posted:

That's weird, because it came out 6 years ago. :spergin:

Maybe they didn't play it when it was new :)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Kins posted:

check the serial codes attached to the Director's Cut in your library

What does this mean :confused:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

site posted:

its very deep in the menus.

open your account page and click on the wasteland 2 director's cut icon, then click the "More v" drop down and select Serial Keys. there should be a "Wasteland 1 gift code: http://www.gog.com/redeem/blahblahblah" link for you

Ah, well, you see, there's no Serial Keys option there or anywhere which is what got me asking :shrug:

e: Oh you've got to be kidding me GOG, they're there on the site but nowhere on GOG Galaxy. Is there anything that isn't much worse in GOG Galaxy as opposed to just using the website?

ee: Just realized I already had Wasteland anyway :newlol:

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Dec 12, 2019

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The QBASIC gorilla game.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

They had some bomb-rear end titties!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDc3ZEKl-Wc

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Its OK

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

In the end, the free game was the posts we made along the way.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Genpei Turtle posted:

The VR port of Talos is good but it’s also the only VR title I’ve played that consistently makes me want to vomit.

You forgot to turn the headset on :mmmhmm:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

zenguitarman posted:

Why does EPS have some free game releases for Windows only even though there's a Mac release too? They had Shadow Tactics up the other day and I was like, oh sweet I've always wanted to give this a shot, but it was Windows only, and a couple days before that I grabbed Into The Breach, which they had for both Windows and Mac.

It's already slim pickins for Mac users, don't tease me like that.

It's because no-one uses a Mac, OP.
:smugmrgw:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

"NOOOOOOO! You can't use the Epic Games Store!!! They can't be a relevant digital distributor just because they pay for exclusives!!!!!"

haha game backlog goes brrrrr

Time for your 4 o'clock free game offering.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Cat Quest is free on Android and iOS, I know there was some debate about phone games being here, but I think that's silly, it's not a gatcha and it's also a console port, just those versions aren't currently free.

Yeah and I'm not going to follow a mobile game thread so thants! :tipshat: (I was a bit disappointed by the Tomb Raider game I got thanks to this thread because it has god drat load times which is pretty unforgivable for a game where the levels take like ten seconds to play.)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

You just click a button and it's added to your account and you get to keep it. Hope that clears it up, teacup!

I think you need to click twice, ACTUALLY.
:goonsay:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Trickyblackjack posted:

I got the Deus ex go and have to ask sine I'm new to mobile games: Do I need to keep them installed on my phone or are they part of some Google play account now? (I'm on Android). So would I be able to redownload them in the future or on some other device?

It asked for permission to control my media and camera or whatever so I immediately uninstalled. What was that about anyway?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I only just now got an e-mail from Namco Bandai (or whatever) that Pac Man Championship Edition 2 was free and at least on the PS4... it was!

e: Steam too.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SlowBloke posted:

The european stores for xbox, playstation and steam still list it as free.

Yeah that's what I was saying. Last time someone said it was free it wasn't, for me. Now it is, yay.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ilmucche posted:

Would be fun to play the single player though. I miss GTA games.

Has any 3D Grand Theft Auto game ever been a freebie anywhere?

e: Not that it helps right rn now I guess :shrug:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Well then I guess there's a chance!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

repiv posted:

Next week's EGS giveaway is another ~mystery game~ so expect something big then as well.

Euro Truck Simulator 2017 :pray:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

EGS is a storefront without a shopping cart.

Does it have search or browse yet?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rinkles posted:

lol that's all they used to be known for

Uhh Jill of the Jackrabbit tho.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

And PS4!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I was sure I'd set it to download via the phone application to my Sony Play Station 4 home computer system but when I tried to find it I couldn't.

Turns out they, for some ungodly reason, named it The Lego Ninjago Movie Game the Game of the Movie and I was looking under L where all my other Lego games are :doh:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Eh! Frank posted:

What kind of crappy software doesn't ignore 'The', 'A', etc. at the beginning of titles when sorting alphabetically?

The... Sony Play Station 4 operating system?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

repiv posted:

The second EGS mystery giveaway is Civilization VI

That leak correctly called Civ6, so expect Borderlands: The Handsome Collection next week and Ark: Survival Evolved the week after

I vowed never to touch another Civilization after I finally beat Civilization II. But then Civilization Revolution was "free" on Xbox Live Gold so I 100%d that. But no more I swear!

Well, maybe just a few turns to see how it is...

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Why isn't Borderlands in the collection?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Len posted:

Like how some rando shopped up a ps+ announcement and got everyone hyped.

I saw that (or one of those anyway) in an "article" and the "journalist" said it might be real because comparing to a previous picture the fonts looked right etc.

It was painfully clearly not the same font what the christ are people who look at pictures and say things about those pictures literally blind :psyduck:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Anyone with a modern Mac can just boot into windows anyway :shrug:

I don't know that they can.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

quote:

A Carly Rae Jepsen-themed cultist TTRPG one-shot.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

bowmore posted:

Bargain! I noticed it has a bunch of RPG’s that are easily worth $20 each

Which ones?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

graventy posted:

None of these games are entirely free they all come with a terrible curse but lol if you think your personal data is somehow safe if you don't give the Humble Bundle your e-mail address.

Edit: Here I am already slave to my humble bosses and I own Snake Pass take this code if you DARE

They dared

The two missing letters are the consonants in YOLO live like you're dying man pass some snakes.

There's only one consonant in YOLO :confused:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fuzz posted:

People complaining about Absolution clearly never played Silent Assassin, which was exactly the same way. It was a weird choice to try to go back to the roots of the series when the roots were kinda not great and not nearly as good as what the series had already evolved into.

Hitman 2 Silent Assassin is literally unplayable due to the controls.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.gog.com/game/forgotten_realms_the_archives_collection_one

GOG is giving away a trilogy of old D&D games as part of their D&D sale. It's the Eye of the Beholder trilogy.

That's great. The first two run on ScummVM and I was about to play both a while ago them but couldn't find the disks for the second game and because I'm an idiot that somehow stopped me from playing the first game.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

El_Elegante posted:

Coffee Talk

They made a game of Markorepairs :psyduck:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh noooo, Ubisoft will get the login credentials of the account I already have on Uplaaaaay

As a gamer I

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

At this point, to save what little face the company has left, they really should just CTRL+A the whole thing.

They did? Or at least I got a link to claim the game despite never having watched any video or stream.

e: I do have a Uplay account of course.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Zesty posted:

It’s one of those that you should only be playing with friends. Like Hammerwatch.

If I had friends, why would I be playing computer video games :confused:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Len posted:

Does archive.org count?

No?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

This very technically counts, but with the release of the newest patch in August, the free trial of Final Fantasy XIV will include the entirety of the base game and the first expansion with no time limit.

Is it good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

THE BAR posted:

People should do themselves a favour and actually play BaSS if they haven't; it's a wonderful point n click.

I remember Beneath a Steel Sky having only a few "try loving everything because nothing sensible seems to work" bits, unlike most games of its type that had 40 000, so I concur. (Heck if I can remember what they were, it's been like 20 years since I played it, but I can remember quitting for a day or two more than once but not that often.)