Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

THE BAR posted:

Fifa 98 had the violent shove button, and that's all you ever needed.

You just made me have a violent flashback to Fifa 96 on SNES, where I'd turn the fouls off and hard shove every single player on the CPU's team until every single one was writhing around on the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

I downloaded Horizon Chase Turbo and then remembered why I didn't buy it after trying the demo. You just hold down the accelerate button and then hold left or right to turn and the game pretty much plays itself aside from avoiding some of the cars. I don't remember if the old top gear games were like this, but it's really simplistic.

As someone who lost years of my life playing Top Gear 3000 on the Super Nintendo, this has been an amazing nostalgia trip. It's great because it's simple, but there's still timing involved and I'm having a great time trying out different cars and getting the hang of passing cars. Definitely worth the price of free.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

Rebel Galaxy is amazing, but I have a feeling I'm going to have a real difficult time finding a game to fill the gap once I beat it. Apparently the fans were hounding the devs of the sequel so hard one of them outright changed careers before delivering the promised content. Does anyone know more about that? It really sucks if this game will never get a proper sequel.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

Drunk in Space posted:

Tharsis is kind of cool, and has some nice touches (like how the dice get bloody after you cannibalize someone), but yes, if you're someone who hates RNG in games, then this is your kryptonite. A lot of playthroughs are doomed right from the get-go no matter what you do, and you will often find yourself in a situation where you've seemingly done everything right and the dice have actually gone your way for once when one single event completely fucks you and that's that. It is soul-crushing in the extreme. Of course, fans of the game would probably argue that's the point of the experience, but in my case, after my 10th 'oh sorry your dice got lost to the void again gently caress you' I just wanted to complete the loving thing, dev's 'vision' be damned. Fortunately there is an easy mode (which was patched in later apparently because of the deluge of complaints about difficulty), which will give you a reasonable shot of experiencing the whole story.

If you want to try it, my advice is to play it on normal or hard a few times to get that miserable failure experience of 'What if those Mars One chucklefucks actually did try sending a spaceship to Mars after all?' and then switch over to easy mode so you can actually complete it and then probably never touch it again.

This is how I feel about Sheltered. All fun and games until the game decides to take a poo poo on you for some reason.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

I'm too dumb to keep up with computer tech, but I always post in the build a PC thread, and they've never done me any wrong.

I can't imagine making a game out of it though, it sounds really.. boring?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

Baby Proof posted:

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Trilogy https://register.ubisoft.com/ac-chronicles/en-GB is free on uplay (ubisoft)

and it only qualifies on a technicality, but the best deal in PC gaming is back yet again, 3 months of Xbox Gamepass PC for 1$ https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass#join. You can get a 4th month for a dollar if you're eligible for the xbox ultimate 1$ trial (but don't waste the ultimate 1$ trial if you're planning on doing an xbox gold conversion).

How long does this deal last? Should I snag it now? I'm just playing some other games right now.