Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Stick Insect posted:

On Steam you can grab Batman: The Telltale Series: Episode 1, a point and click adventure. for free for a "limited time only". The series will consist of five episodes in total of which currently three have been released.

It doesn't seem to actually save the game to your Steam account, so they really do mean "for a limited time only", I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Stick Insect posted:

It's sitting in my games list right now.

As did mine, until I uninstalled it. Will try again, see if I'm just being dumb again.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Yeah, you're right, something must've gone wrong the first time!

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Now, if it was an Origin title... :stonk:

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Company of Heroes 2 is free on Humble.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

flesh dance posted:

Came across this by accident-- Kingdom: Classic is free for the next couple of hours. I'd never heard of it, but it might be kind of neat?

It's quite fun in its simplicity, but you can easily screw yourself over if you don't follow guides telling how how to manage your resources.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Dungeons 2 is currently free on GOG. Not too bad of a Dungeon Keeper clone, with a bit of Warcraft 3 no-base levels put into the mix.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

The Kins posted:

Good games.

Thanks! :tipshat:

Nyaa posted:

Eador is a good game. Not sure about this remake ver though.

It's fun, but gets a bit grindy if you're not playing optimally.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Do any of you guys happen to have a spare Satellite Reign key?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

My friend caved in and bought it for €3 or 4, whatever it was. Thanks, though! :)

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Thief posted:

drat i bet you were that dude playin engineer in tfc with an 800ping

The PS/2 286 could do anything!

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

It was also only free for five minutes, I guess. It's already gone.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

The Kins posted:

The PS2-era platformer Kao The Kangaroo: Round 2 is now on Steam and is free for 24 hours.

Oh, that looks pretty neat.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

FFT posted:

Blunt Force

Because of all the medicinal marijuana?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Mierenneuker posted:

Wasteland 2 is a freebie on GOG for the next 48 hours as part of their winter sale:
https://www.gog.com/game/wasteland_2_directors_cut_digital_classic_edition

Thanks.

I never got around to actually play this or the first one.. Are they any good, if you liked the original?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Wait, what? Do you at least get to shoot him?

I think he's the devil guy you fight at the end?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

I knew exactly what this would be, and Apocalypse is a good game! It's certainly ambitious, and the gameplay is arguably more varied than X-COM/TFTD's.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Sigourney Cheevos posted:

But also with the day/night system you have the opportunity to come back to a bandit camp late at night when they've taken their armor off and gone to sleep, and you can slowly choke them out one by one.

Knowing nothing of this game, this sounds like emergent gameplay! ...Unless it's a guaranteed thing, which it probably is?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

njsykora posted:

Very nearly bit on this one.

Beat me to it.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Silence is a sequel to the terrible adventure game, The Whispered World.

Samuringa posted:

Not sure if it helps but its the sequel of a pretty bad point 'n' click from Daedalic, The Whispered World

You guys didn't like The Whispered World? I thought it was a charming little thing. Had some fine voice acting in places.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Samuringa posted:

I could not stand what a miserable sad sack the protag was. Maybe there's some good stuff if you can endure all the constant whimpering, I couldn't.

Well, it got better during the last quarter.

AbstractNapper posted:

The protagonist's voice acting was really terrible, at least in the English version. I kind of get what they were going for, but oh boy I did not look forward to hearing more of it at all.

This, however, did not.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

It's still free without VR. More games for the pile!

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

They had that Saga game about Britain that no one played. Think it's like that, so a full game.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Mordja posted:

Did you play the demo? It's way more Freelancer than 'Space. It's also still available on Steam, actually.

I've completely given up hope there'll ever be a Freelancer-worthy game again.

And Freelancer was a miracle considering its hellish development.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Even the original would let you skip the destruction derby part by pressing.. Something inane like Enter?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Torchlight 2 is a Diablo like, right? I might actually play that.

Music in the first area is practically the exact same from Blood Moor.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Mierenneuker posted:

And it's literally the same composer as Diablo I and II.

Yep! You even fight little red dudes in the first area, like Fallen. I, uh, never got past it.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Yeah, when you have the options of Grim Dawn, Path of Exile and Diablo III there is zero reason at all to play torchlight II, even if it’s free.

Did modding do nothing to help?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

People should do themselves a favour and actually play BaSS if they haven't; it's a wonderful point n click.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

It also has an excellent, grimy aesthetic to it. Everything feels run-down and fake, which makes the genuinely human elements the more remarkable.

Heck, some downright bastard characters still feel relatable, because you get to know how their normal routine lives are like.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

FFT posted:

on the subject of old point and clicks, i'm a big fan of all of what you've got going on there

:clint:

Dremcon posted:

Does it let you get into unwinnable conditions like King’s Quest did? I couldn’t play KQ without a guide, I hate discovering that the way I overcame a puzzle 7 hours ago is the reason why I’m stuck now.

There's one instance at the very end, where a save at the wrong time can cost you the game if you haven't saved earlier.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

AbstractNapper posted:

Could you post in the ScummVM forum with details about this or open a ticket on the ScummVM bug tracker

The main script logic is part of the game's resource files (not of the engine itself) but I know that ScummVM has implemented workarounds for known bug and so we might be able to fix any other known ones, especially if they are game breaking.

It's not a bug, but there's a part where the ceiling is collapsing, but you won't necessarily know that until it happens, meaning you can save just as a rock's about to kill you.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

AbstractNapper posted:

Would it make sense to disable saving until that particular sequence is concluded?

Maybe! It's like a three second scene, you just need to click the obvious door on the other side before the invisible timer says you'll get smushed. I can open a ticket, sure, see what people think.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Didn't even know Deathtrack had a sequel. Any good?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Foglet posted:

It really really isn't good.

The first one wasn't either, not really, but it had so much charm.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Well hello there, Diablo 3 female barb and male monk, and, uh.. Littlefinger? :shrug:

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

You can get Blood: Fresh Supply for a dollar. Just make sure to use the custom difficulty that lowers enemy reaction times

You're mad!

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Saoshyant posted:

For anyone who missed out those four Sega mini game freebies, you can actually still install/claim them due to how Steam works. Just use those links:

steam://install/1368440
steam://install/1368450
steam://install/1368430
steam://install/1368460

How neat, thanks!

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Mordja posted:

Skylords

Super psyched for this, I just hope their languishing forum isn't a bad omen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

spaceblancmange posted:

I want to design death trap theme parks that feed unwitting tourists to dinosaurs in funny ways. Can I do that in this or is it serious?

Hope that this gets a digital version some day. https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/290722/danger-park

E:

Misread the dinosaur park part. Oh well, happy new year. :yotj: