Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Promotion may be over at this point.

Are you willing to update OP constantly? It's a lot of work but a one stop shop for all the things seems neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Consortium is back to being free for the next 40 hours or so on GoG!

It's actually a loving awesome game and this is an attempt to drum up interest in their sequel Kickstarter that's sadly not doing so hot.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Steam's having a handful of games for free from this love-not-war poo poo!

I had absolutely no idea about any of this until today when spotting that PCGamer article that I linked to (the links to the games themselves are in it) and it's a weird thing.

Apparently everyone gets Jet Set Radio and Golden Axe and Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit for free. On February 18th you can get Streets of Rage 2, Binary Domain, and Condemned: Criminal Origins.

The prize pack can also be found on the promotion page which I literally cannot find ANY description of the promotion on. I had no idea this was a thing. Weird. What the gently caress is going on?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The second set of Sega's free games from this War Not Love thing is now available. That's Streets of Rage 3, Binary Domain, and Condemned: Criminal Origins.

The first is a Sega Genesis beat'emup, the second is a very enjoyable third person shooter that's kind of silly (a robot that talks with a French accent), and the third is a first person horror game where you investigate why the city's entire hobo population has developed a HUGE murderboner. All three games are great.

The process is different and you now pop onto the promotion's official website and enter in your email to get Steam keys that way.

There looks like there's going to be a third stage with Gunstar Heroes, Renegade Ops, and Vikings. I'll make a post then too.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Finally the third stage of Sega's War Not Love promotion is available.

This includes Gunstar Heroes, a classic sidescrolling Genesis game that actually was one of my favorites, Renegade Ops which is a twin-stick shooter that has a billion explosions and up to four player co-op and it's actually a very fun title (multiple vehicles and weapons, actually kind of challenging, EXPLOSIONS), and Viking: Battle for Asgard which I know absolutely nothing about but looking at the Steam page it looks like it's "What if you controlled one super warrior in a Total War game?"

Like the rest of this promotion these are free for a limited time so if you don't get them within the next day or two you missed out.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The Golden Joystick store is offering a free copy of Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition for EU/UK!

I haven't attempted to claim a copy from the US (I already own the Steam release anyway) but I bet with a proxy you can do it. You probably own it already because who the hell doesn't but if you don't or if you want another, here you go! This is only valid until the 31st of March.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The first episode of the new King's Quest is now free on Steam. Apparently the season pass has been lowered in price as well.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
"Wallace Shawn" should be the only name you need. But if you need more there's Christopher Lloyd and Tom Kenny.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Old ARPG game with interesting spell casting and great particles / line of sight for its day NOX is free on Origin.

One of my favorite games from yesteryear. No idea how well this one runs (the GoG version has obviously been updated to run on modern systems) so hopefully it works alright.

Back in the day the multiplayer used to be an amazing shitshow of chaos and it was FUN for it. So loving crazy with particles flying everywhere and warriors bullrushing you through doors and just all around in general loving nonsense happening.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I just remember running around the interiors at high speeds as a wizard (which is another reason NOX is great, gently caress classes, it's all about fun!) because going outside meant someone with a higher resolution could snipe me. God bless you piece of poo poo 640x480 handmedown laptop!

Holy poo poo that multiplayer was fun.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Tropico 4 is free for the PC on the Humble Store for 48 hours.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Did I see that The Crew is ONLY free for this month and then your free license expires or did I misread an article about it?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
PCGamer has 30,000 free Company of Heroes keys to give out today.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Oh, my mistake. Sorry. :(

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Neverwinter Nights Diamond is currently free on GOG.com.

Here's the URL to it.

If you click to claim it, it may take you to the front page of the sale. Just scroll down a little bit and you'll see a banner-width NWN Diamond spot with a button to claim it.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Mass Effect 2 is the current Origin On The House.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Constructor is currently free on GoG!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
A ten year old CRPG that plays like a twenty year old CRPG! Eschalon: Book I is free on GoG.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Mass Effect 2 is free again on Origin for some reason.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Deal's only good for 48 hours, act fast on it!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Yo, Dungeons 2 is free on Humble Bundle for a day. It's a Steam key. The first game wasn't great but this is loving free so what do you have to loving lose?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I have no idea what the gently caress Sangfroid: Tales Of Werewolves is but it sounds like a game about werewolves (there wolves) with some deeply rooted paternal issues.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Also, some weird little surreal action puzzler called Back To Bed is free on Steam.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
And if I already bought the first two campaigns.....?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Having spoken to someone who works at Blizzard I can confirm their writing staff just has a big box of action figures and they bash them together making "pew pew" noises with their mouths.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Watch_Dogs is a bad game but it's free if you claim it on UPlay by November 13th.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Watch_Dogs is, in fact, bad. The missions are boring and unfun, the driving sucks, the story sucks, the controls feel bad, the abilities are plain and boring, the main character is aggressively bad.

It's nothing to do with the graphical controversy, it's that every single system that makes it a video game is, at best, passable and not worth your time.

By all means, for free, go for it. "What do you have to lose?"

But don't say it isn't a bad game.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

precision posted:

Must be tough to live without a concept of subjective opinions!

Not really, just means I always get to be right. :smug:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Killer Is Dead is free on Humble Bundle!

It's a weird anime action game from Suda 51 that I didn't like but maybe you will!!!!!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
lovely game Homefront is currently free on Humble!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
gently caress no. Not even loving close.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Not weird at all, all the F2P games do that. I was surprised when one F2P (I can't remember which) remained in my library as uninstalled.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I discovered yesterday when I fired up Gwent for the first time in several months:

You can get your eighth copy of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition just by logging into Gwent using GoG's Galaxy client. I literally have gotten about three free copies over the past few years but in case you don't have it on GoG somehow, you can get it that way.

I sent this one to my girlfriend's email. Happy Valentine's Day, here's a game that literally turns your sexual conquests into objects.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Unhappy Meal posted:

Humble Bundle continues their quest to fill up your library with games you mean to play but never do. Free for the next 2 days: Spec Ops: The Line

This is so literal. I bought that game with the intent of playing it before Giant Bomb's GotY discussion the year it came out and, clearly, that was wasted money...

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Which is loving hilarious because they can just get their own...

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Lewd oh, narrative dissonance.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
What is their previous game?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Also on Steam! Get two copies for the price of none!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Mildly related, there is a new batch of games available on https://gog.com/connect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Can you not just use Code Blocks or other lightweight IDE's?