Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

How does it work with Amazon prime? Do you get a steam key?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Wait doesn't anybody use shortcuts on the desktop?

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I got it a bit at the beginning with epic but not lately. Still get that poo poo all the time with blizzard though.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

You just click a button and it's added to your account and you get to keep it. Hope that clears it up, teacup!

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Who turds tennis ball sized balls anyway

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I played so much goddamn Diablo 1 I can instantly remember the sounds fallen ones, goatmen, and scavengers make when they die. Or the sound of an enemy dropping a shield.

Torchlight was fun but it was no D1.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

OgNar posted:

Depends on how long you've been playing.
I've used ESDF since quake days and get so screwed up when a game forces you to use WASD.

I tend to just exit a vehicle a ton on those games when I need to move quickly.

Tribes 2 did ESDF and it was really good.

Don't understand how anyone can play a controller game without inverted y-axis.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Oh man I love F1 games, thanks for the headsup on the humble giveaway.

Wistfully remembering playing Grand Prix 2 on MS DOS.

Which I've just found out if you literally search "Grand Prix 2 MS DOS" one of the first results is a place you can play it in your browser.

Wow!

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I played returns on Android and honestly it went way better than I expected it to. Saves can also be edited in a save game editor on PC if you transfer the save files, so that was a nice bonus.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I agree with the poster that said why even buy games anymore

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Man they are legit conditioning me to not buy SP games anymore. Obviously with MP games you want in early so you can benefit from a wide player base before the youngins move on to the new hotness.

Pillars and Tyranny been on my wishlist for years now but never had a decent sale.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Len posted:

My company is smaller but still used xp and win 7 until February when we got hacked and held ransom

What on earth... don't they hire a person to make sure poo poo like this doesn't happen?

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

TGLT posted:

You know what I actually decided to look up his comments because of this post, and nah the dude that said "the chinese virus is unravelling western civilization" (edit: content warning loving boy this poo poo sucks) is probably exactly as alt-right as everyone's pegging them as. Brigador's got more than one dev, but the dude's a lovely transphobic alt-right gently caress. Running a community discord for your video game that you sell for money doesn't erase that. And for some people this poo poo is 100% a deal breaker. Even for a free game.

Yikes e: you know what others have covered it.

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 23, 2020

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Desperately clinging onto the idea that I still actually play games instead of spending all my time worrying about the future.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

I know it technically isn't free, as you're paying for a service, but EA Play got added to xbox PC game pass. So it's kind of like you're getting EA Play for free. There's lots of cool games on it. You just pick a game that's on EA Play in the xbox app, it prompts you to install the EA desktop app and then you link your account and you've got EA Play linked to your gamepass subscription.

Also, you can get PC game pass for free by doing the bing rewards, so this all can be free as in beer if you put the effort in.

What the gently caress and I just renewed my ea play in December

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Wow Control is free already? Christ I'm just never gonna buy a game again.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

SnakesRevenge posted:

For the price of your email I'll send you all the rudeness you can handle

Sorry but this price is too high for anything, even free rudeness.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

drat Plague Tale so soon after Control and PoE before that, and Rebel Galaxy has been something I've wanted for a while but never bought.

Just never gonna buy a game again, can't even get through this many good games.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

site posted:

man, who the gently caress wants to buy a game

:hmmyes:

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I think what it comes down to is that America sucks, China sucks, capitalism sucks, the world sucks, and humans suck, and if we all just died we'd be much happier.

But you know what doesn't suck? Free games. You know why they don't suck? Because I'll never loving play them, so I can never be disappointed by them. And as if that wasn't enough, free games means my game number go up!!

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Dec 21, 2021

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

E: ^^thanks!

fit em all up in there posted:

I have steam codes for:
This War of Mine
Slay the Spire(taken)
Kerbal Space Program(taken)
Brothers:A tale of two sons
Wargrove(taken)
Drawful 2
Amnesia: The Dark Descent + Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
SUPERHOT(taken)
Kingdom Two Crowns(taken)
West of Dead(taken)
Tooth and tail(taken)
Dear Esther
ToeJam and Earl:Back in the groove(taken)
Book of demons
Pikuniku
Post Void(I think)
The amazing american cirus
Yoku's island express

Can I get this war of mine please? Thanks!

--Thank you!!

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Mar 19, 2022

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

OddObserver posted:

SteamDeck is also noticeably bigger and heavier than a switch, FWIW.

Yeah I think portability is thrown around too casually for the Deck. The thing is massive. I'm a GPD toucher and like my clamshells. Even the WM2 is just more easily portable than a deck. Not nearly as ergonomic, though....

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Tons of posts and I thought cyberpunk was being given away

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Tunicate posted:

"Got Dying Light for free? Join TechlandGG to get extra free in-game rewards: weapons, outfits and more!"
https://techlandgg.com/goodies/dl-april

You have to own DL2 to get it lmao but they don't tell you that until you've given them your ***email***

I have paid the ultimate price and didn't even get poo poo

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Someone IDDKFA me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Thought RDR2 went free or something. Sad!!