Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Star Control 2 (retitled 'The Ur-Quan Masters' for the free release)

http://sc2.sourceforge.net/

Just one of my favorite games of all time, so I thought it should be on the list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

webmeister posted:

It's gunna be Planet of the Apes: The Musical: The Game

:pray:

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Nice, I've almost bought Ghostbusters a few times.

Also a reminder that if, like me, you didn't use your Epic coupon last sale it expires in 9 days.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I just got denied a few times and then it let me in. Not sure what is going on with their login system.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Len posted:

wasn't trop 2 about running a pirate island and you got citizens by kidnapping folks? the rest are just not-Cuba simulators?

Yes and I really liked it at the time because it had (has) amazing music and was a refreshing take on the city planning game. I don't remember all the details but it was more than just a reskinned version of a normal island builder type game but instead had an economy based on supporting the pirates.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, I never played battlefront 2 but I played enough battlefront 1 that I thought I was okay at the game, whichever team I was on didn't have a worse chance of winning from me being there, but everyone who grabbed a hero thingie seemed to kill a poo poo ton of people unless I did it and died like twenty seconds in.

It's been a while since I played, but usually this just comes down to map knowledge (like a lot of FPS games). Heroes can get killed fast when caught with their pants down out in the open (or by an opposing vehicle or something). Once you know the map, you know the places where you can jump out and get a few kills and then jump back into cover. Having said that, even when I knew the maps this happened to me as Darth Vader every single time I picked him.

Also, a lot of people just collect kills and never really help their side take any objectives and pushing an objective can often get you killed quick if your team doesn't have your back.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Sammus posted:

So about this bing stuff. Can I use the points to pay for gamepass so that I can then use the Microsoft Xcloud gaming stuff on my iPad? Thus giving me access to all of the Xbox exclusive games for free, without owning an Xbox?

bingception

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Cojawfee posted:

Hey folks, I'm the EGS free game library auditor. For every hour of playtime i find on your account, you get one year of prison.

*remembers getting weirdly hooked on Farming Simulator 19 for a few months*

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck