Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Seconding the Spirit Engine 2 recommendation. I remember that it was on my "to buy someday" list back in college. Then it came out for free and I missed a small test playing it. If the official mirrors ever fail I will dig up new links.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
The original Eador: Genesis is extremely solid, if old fashioned. Sort of a response to Heroes of Might and Magic, an extremely tight strategic and tactical game by focusing on doing less. With a perfect gimmick in the "revert turn" feature encouraging you to squeak out insane tactical wins with one hitpoint and no stamina left. The Eador thread on this site was a great debate between the quality of good and the quantity of evil.

Eador: Masters of the Broken world loses a lot of the solidness for more stuff. Sort of like those major mods for games. You lose the tightness of the original but gain things like more than one type of elf mercenary etc. My personal pet peeve is the rework of the UI, especially the elimination of the one click turn reversion.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Indiegala has some sort of zombie plane thing they are giving away. Any reports?

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
It used to be sort of an Xcom light campaign game. But its a game about the Warsaw Uprising so no matter how well you did you could only lose slower. It makes a lot of sense to me to just cut that layer out and have the missions happen sequentially. But I haven't played the new version.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Substandard posted:

They are good games if you like HoMM! I feel sorry for the people buying them with expectations based on the covers though because it's all just hex based strategy with 0 fanservice I can remember.

A major thing is being to get various bonuses from a wife. Like a questline only equipment slot. But that only takes it to 1/100 fanservice as far as I got. Maybe the demon faction gets it up to 2?

Yes I did marry the frog.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

AARP LARPer posted:

actually, you will. the game was kinda cool, but it was short as hell. no way it was worth $19.99 msrp.

The money is hiding in the post game challenge bits. Double move speed but no guns, some other stuff I've forgotten since the sequel was free. And the sequel is basically making fun of players for wanting more and more like an addict.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

The Kins posted:

Mobile Suit Baba is a new game by the creator of Baba Is You, and it's free for the first week.

Okay, I'm opening up the world map and not seeing anything to start. No flags or anything. Is there a briefing I'm not hearing due to not having volume on or?

Edit: antivirus

habituallyred fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Dec 22, 2023