Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Planet Explorer dev choice of words for the f2p change notification title is kinda tone deaf tho ... I understand that the game is sorta dead without the multi but calling it a final solution is a bit much...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
New monthly twitch prime games are out:

- Bomber Crew
- Whispers of a Machine
- Mugsters
- Furi
- Epistory - Typing Chronicles

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Bomber Crew is without DLC so you are missing out the skins, the extra weapons and most importantly the USAAF campaign.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I only just now got an e-mail from Namco Bandai (or whatever) that Pac Man Championship Edition 2 was free and at least on the PS4... it was!

e: Steam too.

The european stores for xbox, playstation and steam still list it as free.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

goferchan posted:

If anyone decides to buy the Civ VI expansions (which I recommend eventually if you get into it. they're good!) you should know that buying the second expansion, Gathering Storm, gives you access to all the new features/mechanics in the first expansion -- you don't get the civs/leaders from it (and maybe a couple other things) that way, but all the major changes get rolled in. So if you're only buying one, get that one

i was thinking about getting the platinum upgrade which is 50% at 39,99, i remember civ 5 being useless without the whole bundle of dlc. Am I wrong?

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Today's EGS game is alien isolation, standard version (DLC to be purchased separately at 75% discount).

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

OgNar posted:

Which I wouldn't mind, cept EGS logs me out daily now and refuses to log me in.

Given that today's game is not the usual indiegala freebie, I am expecting their servers to be ultrafucked RN, sorta like when they gifted GTA5.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

tight aspirations posted:

Apparently Brigador is free if you claim it through GOG Galaxy.

Apparently it's either gone or only on a limited subset of installs.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

Yeah, it's showing up on Galaxy again.

Also available at https://www.gog.com/#giveaway if you don't want to use Galaxy.

Merry christmas all!

Yep, that did the trick

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

treat posted:

Heads up, apparently Prime games are no longer accessible through the Twitch app, Amazon Games is now the top dog. Having to download all these storefronts for free poo poo is one thing, and obsoleting them & forcing me to download a new one is another thing, but not letting me choose where to install my free games apart from which drive? That's just going too far! I'm a caveman who likes using and keeping an organized file system, and Amazon demanding I install prime freebies outside of D:/Games/Free_dogshit/whocares is an affront to my aesthetic sense. I demand satisfaction.

e; I guess this is a staggered rollout that started a couple months ago, so not everyone is being denied by the Twitch app yet but everybody will have to switch eventually.

Being able to remove curse(yes, twitch desktop wasn’t even made by twitch) completely compensate another game software, that poo poo was cumbersome and took a shitton of ram/cpu just to load a video feed. The new app is stupid light by comparison

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Fuzz posted:

Gaben seems to not know what "free" means.

EDIT: Or I guess they meant ended this morning, which is a dumb way to say it. Just say it ended June 13 then.

Check the first row of text, it clearly says game discount: posted 12 jun / ended 14 jun

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Fuzz posted:

And see the date I posted on/my edit. It was the 14th, they just ended it at 12:01 AM instead of 11:59 PM which is dumb. Generally speaking you set the end date of a thing as the last day you can claim it, not the day after when it's already gone.

Their shoutouts on Twitter and other channels said that the offer was valid only on the 12-13th which is coherent with the promo interval, it started on the first minute of the 12th and finished on the first minute of the 14th. Unless stated otherwise, announcements on steam are on midnight of the indicated date

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jun 15, 2021

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

JammyB posted:

Reminder that Dead by Daylight and While true; learn() are free on Epic now.

Godfall and Prison Architect next week.

Learn() is a nice game but there are a lot of stages where you are left wondering what the gently caress you are supposed to do, there is little hand holding after the starter stages.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

repiv posted:

Remnant: From The Ashes is todays free game

I already have it, so it must be a repeat

It was free in august 2020.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Wait a moment, so it's no longer free to own but only cloud gaming access(so when luna croaks you no longer have access to it)? It's a far worse deal

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Crowbcat convinced me to skip this one.

Back 4 Blood

BW2DZ-FV7E3-PEWH6

Code is used so you should strike it out.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

repiv posted:

Insurmountable and XCOM 2 are free on Epic

Amnesia: Rebirth and Riverbond next week

Also of interest, XCOM2 full dlc pack is -80% if you feel like completing the package.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Daily reminder that Private Game Servers is behind the paywall and has a steam code gifting thread that won't be crawled. Even doing weird word games won't stop bots grabbing those codes.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
I got a duplicate DS2 out of the amazon prime gaming offer, if you want it send me a PM.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

itry posted:

Do I have to promise to not play it?

I won't snitch if you do

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Dropping my dead space 2 key (origin) since none of my friends wanted it

***M-BE6B-3SFM-UZ36-NFJ6

Replace the asterisks with this car model

https://www.classic.com/m/mercedes-benz/g/w463/g-55-amg/

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Stickman posted:

Yoda Stories

This was one of the first games I got with my own hard earned cash and it was awesome albeit critically short. There was far worse shovelware at the time.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Hollandia posted:

My partner was telling me about an Indiana Jones game she'd played as a kid and it turned out to be Yoda Stories reskinned (or maybe vice versa?). Either way, they made virtually identical games for the different IPs. I spent a lot of time on the crappy Yoda game.

Indiana Jones is the older one, couple of years earlier.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Also lol at epic store captcha asking you to identify images clearly made by a dall-e equivalent.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
EGS is at level of hosed that even steam never reached. Logon page will redirect to the store homepage so no way to execute on any action on the store.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
There is no listing at all on the homepage while the director cut has been deleted from the whole store and the base one is unavailable. Not going to tear my hair out on not getting the game but this is amateur hour.

Edit: using the launcher app links to the base game now but at least it's there, web site is ultrafucked. To goons in the know, does upgrading to the director's cut make sense or i can ignore it? I only saw LP of the stock game, not the director's cut.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Dec 25, 2022

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Rynoto posted:

Breathedge already being tossed up for free is pretty funny and also not worth even that price.

I saw a let's play of it and the humor was dire. It was also gifted by amazon gaming in January so it's not the first time it gets tossed around.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Kind of tempted to play Breathedge now that it's free. The general consensus I saw was that it's lovely Subnautica in space and there's a character named Dr. Libtard somewhere which sure isn't promising.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSPT1I-KtyUGMSaQ2lhD0HnO742fiJE7n

Even mighty jingles, patron saint of lovely games, dropped it.
There is a vast sea of decent survival games you can play instead.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

ilmucche posted:

How does the amazon prime gaming thing work? It keeps saying to download their gaming app/program

You download their launcher, enter amazon creds, start downloading the game, ignore the launcher ever existed once it finished installing the game.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Kaewan posted:

I really enjoyed the old Home World games, I wonder how the remaster holds up? I guess I’ll never find out.

Remastered main issue is running the first game on the more simplified second one so all the formations and soft counter logic goes out the window. If you don't mind it's a decent animation and texture upgrade.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Orwell and its sequel are fun and they both have enough meat to warrant multiple play thrus.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Anyone can use GeForceNow, even intel graphics-havers

Even Apple havers, which is likely why i won't refresh my gaming rig after this one.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Didn't pay much attention to Turnip Boy when it came out but it has overwhelmingly positive reviews on Steam. Thought it might have been a throwaway joke game but guess I'll check it out.

It gets ball bursting hard in the second half, which is sorta of a shame. The second half also switches from dark humor to just dark so dropping it there is a reasonable act.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

Yeah, this is my impression as well. Didn't find the combat in the DLC train sections that hard either.

the zombie woman boss was both hard and it killed the funny vibe

I still continued afterwards but it sorta spoiled the fun both on story and on difficulty, i completed the game out of spite rather than pure fun.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Nov 2, 2023

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
I managed to miss yesterday Outer worlds but i don't feel that bad about it, plus i feel that prime gaming might throw it as a filler freebie in future months.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

revtoiletduck posted:

I think it has been free on the Epic Store before.

It has certainly been free on Prime gaming but in a drm-less/no dlc package, I think before the lockdown or early lockdown at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Q_res posted:

Yeah they already gave away Outer Worlds during their Xmas Sale.

The site was very busted during the holiday giveaway and it unfucked itself only after the time was up. It's not like something of value was lost for people that missed it.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Apr 6, 2024