Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which non-Power of the Daleks story would you like to see an episode found from?
This poll is closed.
Marco Polo 36 20.69%
The Myth Makers 10 5.75%
The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve 45 25.86%
The Savages 2 1.15%
The Smugglers 2 1.15%
The Highlanders 45 25.86%
The Macra Terror 21 12.07%
Fury from the Deep 13 7.47%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Humble Bundle is running another Doctor Who comics bundle. Includes some reprints of IDW's stuff which was featured in the previous bundle but also has some of Titan's new stuff including the first issues of their Third, Fourth, Eighth and Ninth Doctor miniseries, eleven issues each of their Tenth and Eleventh Doctor books and some of their Twelfth Doctor series.

I haven't read any of the newer stuff so I don't know if it's any good but I think I remember hearing good things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Just a heads up, I'm thinking of making a new thread in time for the Power of the Daleks. If there's anything any of you want seen in the OP, just tell me and I'll try to fit it in.

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Oct 27, 2016

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Is it just me or is Episode 6 of the new Black Mirror season just a Partners In Crime-tier Doctor Who episode where they forgot to add the Doctor?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Box of Bunnies posted:

Humble Bundle is running another Doctor Who comics bundle. Includes some reprints of IDW's stuff which was featured in the previous bundle but also has some of Titan's new stuff including the first issues of their Third, Fourth, Eighth and Ninth Doctor miniseries, eleven issues each of their Tenth and Eleventh Doctor books and some of their Twelfth Doctor series.

I haven't read any of the newer stuff so I don't know if it's any good but I think I remember hearing good things.

I have been enjoying the titan comics. the Eight miniseries is particularly nice, but they are all a lot of fun.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

CaptainYesterday posted:

Just a heads up, I'm thinking of making a new thread in time for the Power of the Daleks. If there's anything any of you want seen in the OP, just tell me and I'll try to fit it in.

The current one is pretty good I think, outside of the Toxxupation link probably not being necessary anymore. The Big Finish section might be a little long but considering we're still not expecting a regular season for months I guess it is still appropriate as that is where so much of the current "regular" Who is coming from.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Jerusalem posted:

The current one is pretty good I think, outside of the Toxxupation link probably not being necessary anymore.

How dare you you mother fucker.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Have you gotten around to watching whatever classic season they decided on? Watch some Who and then get back to us.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I already did that, yes.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'll admit, I checked out of that thread when it went into comics chat :sweatdrop:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Is the thread actually still around? I thought it had ended awhile ago sorry!

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Rewatching The Talons of Weng Chiang and I love how the Tardis has been able to translate alien languages from all across the universe up to this point but Chinese is just too much

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Forgot I posted

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Literally billions fewer people care about baseball than care about the superior bat and ball sport

Japan and Latin America say hi

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Forgot I posted

On the other hand India.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Doctor Spaceman posted:

On the other hand India.

And Pakistan. And Australia. And a lot of African countries too, I think. :shrug:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Wheat Loaf posted:

And Pakistan. And Australia. And a lot of African countries too, I think. :shrug:

South Africa and Zimbabwe, yeah, but India is the big one in terms of viewers (and money these days).

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Just got my tickets for The Power of the Daleks!

I hope if I'm really good and stick around after the end they'll show the super secret version of Fury From the Deep.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

CobiWann posted:

Just got my tickets for The Power of the Daleks!

I hope if I'm really good and stick around after the end they'll show the super secret version of Fury From the Deep.

Me too! Used some Fandango gift cards I forgot I had from Christmas last year so I'm effectively going for free!

Although I'm not sure how many other people in central Iowa are going, so I might be the lone nerd in the theater.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Tim Burns Effect posted:

Rewatching The Talons of Weng Chiang and I love how the Tardis has been able to translate alien languages from all across the universe up to this point but Chinese is just too much

Well watching it you appreciate that those Celestials are pretty inscrutable...

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Shiftypenguin posted:

Me too! Used some Fandango gift cards I forgot I had from Christmas last year so I'm effectively going for free!

Although I'm not sure how many other people in central Iowa are going, so I might be the lone nerd in the theater.

Fredericksburg, VA here. The theater is usually packed for RiffTrax.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Forgot I posted

Lol

When I said billions I literally meant billions. It wasn't hyperbole.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Big Finish is running a Halloween sale. Only a couple of Doctor Who audios in it, but a good mess of other spooky stuff from their other lines.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

jivjov posted:

Big Finish is running a Halloween sale. Only a couple of Doctor Who audios in it, but a good mess of other spooky stuff from their other lines.

Seeing the Lost Stories Fourth Doctor Box Set on there for $25 makes me feel pretty good about grabbing it on Audible for roughly a tenner instead. Went ahead and bought the few main range stories from this sale though.

Shame BF's production of Frankenstein with Arthur Darvill isn't in there somewhere, would have been interested in that.

Box of Bunnies fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Oct 28, 2016

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

The cover and features of The Power of the Daleks have been revealed: http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/article/the-power-of-the-daleks-dvd-artwork-and-extras-unveiled?clear-cache

The BBC store release will feature all the surviving footage as a bonus feature and both the DVD and the digital copy have a telesnap reconstruction (which I suppose means they haven't bothered integrating the surviving footage and the telesnaps).

The cover is animated rather than photographic, and even though it's a DVD it'll be reversible like the blu-ray releases of Spearhead from Space and the TV movie.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

cargohills posted:

The cover and features of The Power of the Daleks have been revealed: http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/article/the-power-of-the-daleks-dvd-artwork-and-extras-unveiled?clear-cache

The BBC store release will feature all the surviving footage as a bonus feature and both the DVD and the digital copy have a telesnap reconstruction (which I suppose means they haven't bothered integrating the surviving footage and the telesnaps).

The cover is animated rather than photographic, and even though it's a DVD it'll be reversible like the blu-ray releases of Spearhead from Space and the TV movie.

Well, seeing how it's animated, it wouldn't make sense to have a photo cover. And integrating the surviving footage and clips into the animation would be jarring, to say the least.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

I don't mean the animation, I mean the telesnap reconstruction. Given that the surviving footage is only listed as a special feature for the digital copy I assume that means that the additional telesnap recon will just be still pictures, unlike the recon for The Tenth Planet that was on that DVD.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So my friend's wife has started watching all things who fairly recently. She burned through every episode of the revival, Torchwood and Sarah Jane. She watched class today and is now flipping her poo poo about the use of the word "fag" in the second episode and refuses accept that it means something else across the pond.

It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
I read the issue of the Eighth Doctor miniseries from the Humble Bundle and it was good and fun and now I want to read the rest which would require spending more money so I guess the bundle has done it's job for Titan.

Also I really liked the resolution of the first volume of The New Adventures of Benny. The story bringing back the original The Daleks Daleks and their focus on survival rather than conquest was neat, and then the one being disgusted with what they become was really cool.

Rhyno posted:

So my friend's wife has started watching all things who fairly recently. She burned through every episode of the revival, Torchwood and Sarah Jane. She watched class today and is now flipping her poo poo about the use of the word "fag" in the second episode and refuses accept that it means something else across the pond.

It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic.

"Bum a fag" is my favourite homoerotic piece of our Commonwealthian slang.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Box of Bunnies posted:

Also I really liked the resolution of the first volume of The New Adventures of Benny. The story bringing back the original The Daleks Daleks and their focus on survival rather than conquest was neat, and then the one being disgusted with what they become was really cool.

I really like that set. The final episode, that's just Benny trudging through the ruined Dalek city is probably my favourite Dalek story since Jubilee / Davros.

(Not sure why we're spoiling, but doing it out of courtesy)

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Open Source Idiom posted:

Not sure why we're spoiling, but doing it out of courtesy

I just figured it would be courteous to cover specifics of the last story given they give away the twist of the preceding episode even though the name of the last part does that on its own anyway so it probably isn't entirely necessary.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

A friend of a friend made this:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That is very cool, a shame there is no War but I guess he didn't get a number so technically he wouldn't have a place on the clock anyway.... :smith:

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
you could have him standing in front of the tardis

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jerusalem posted:

That is very cool, a shame there is no War but I guess he didn't get a number so technically he wouldn't have a place on the clock anyway.... :smith:

He is inside the TARDIS getting poo poo done

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, it leaves me a little hurt.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

CobiWann posted:

I just wanted to register my appreciation and absolute disgust for this pun.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

CobiWann posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8eIXTfI7aA

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CobiWann posted:

:golfclap:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

At 8:30 every morning, everyone arrives at work and experiences a brief sense of doubt about their entire lives, but then brushes it aside, forgotten.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

What if War is on the back of the face of the clock?

:aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Box of Bunnies posted:

"Bum a fag" is my favourite homoerotic piece of our Commonwealthian slang.

Great lines in Wikipedia history:

Fagging posted:

Roald Dahl relates in his autobiography being told, when he was a young fag, to warm toilet seats for older boys at Repton.

• Locked thread