Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which non-Power of the Daleks story would you like to see an episode found from?
This poll is closed.
Marco Polo 36 20.69%
The Myth Makers 10 5.75%
The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve 45 25.86%
The Savages 2 1.15%
The Smugglers 2 1.15%
The Highlanders 45 25.86%
The Macra Terror 21 12.07%
Fury from the Deep 13 7.47%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
Mr Boods always laughs when we watch older shows and films, and I say, 'Oooh, that guy was on Doctor Who,' especially when it turns out to be someone who played a tertiary character in a single episode or whatever.

Anyway, we're powering our way through the original series of Danger Man, and a number of future DW actors have shown up; this evening, a Sicilian henchman baddie appeared, and I said, as usual, 'Ooooh, him, loook!'

Mr Boods chuckled and said, absently, 'Uh huh.' Let me guess, he was in Doctor Who.'

Well, yes, this handsome man was; enjoy a still from the episode, c.1960:

Mr Boods didn't recognise him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

This better be a prelude to, or reaction to, watching The Prisoner. :colbert:

Kiddo, I remember watching The Prisoner with my mum when I was a wee one about 40 years ago :) (not quite :corsair: to remember the original run, which my mum watched and enjoyed, but thought was too scary for then-toddler me). I didn't understand when I was a kid, but I lurved the theme song and thought Patrick McGoohan was handsome (if not, to my 10 year old self, impossibly old).

I'm looking forward to the next series of Danger Man, as I love 'High Wire.' The version of the show that I saw as a kid/teen was when it was branded Secret Asian Agent Man.

This is the first time I've ever seen the original series though. in this version John Drake is an American agent for NATO, and the show opens with an amusing composite shot of the US Capitol with a clearly British office block placed in front of it. Loads of Doctor Who actors and well-known American television actors have been parading through it -- and in the original series, Portmerion has been playing the role of Rome and a couple other places too expensive for location shoots.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

ThaGhettoJew posted:

I suspect that is an ability that Ra's, Jack Harkness and the actor John Barrowman all share, given that a suitably grand dramatic entrance is available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlQfW9oK1G4

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Go big or go home. Helen Mirren. Or Anna Chancellor.

Also acceptable:
Nathan Stewart-Jarrett
Lennie James

Janet McTeer

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

I hope any of you going to the con in Maryland this weekend have a blast; I took a flight from Heathrow to BWI on Thursday, and I was one of maybe two or three people in my cabin section NOT affiliated with Doctor Who as a writer, staff member, or actor. Just about 20 or so of them in total.

I was immediately sat with Wendy Padbury and Anneke Wilkes, and it was eight+ hours of non-stop :3:

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Has he worked with Craig Ferguson recently?

Or Tamsin Grieg :3:

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

from his first appearance the guy has clearly being chewed up and spit out by life and he's still clinging bitterly and jealously to life, and he imbues his creations with that same indomitable will to spit in the face of fate and say,"gently caress you I refuse to die, my HATE will keep me going."

This is a remarkably similar description of one of my professors in my grad school programme who also bore a striking resemblance to Davros, especially if you put him in an olde schoole bowtie (I graduated in 1996; he is still there, and now in his mid 90s. )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Glen McCoy for old series writer on the new. It's about time (har!) Timelash gets a sequel :colbert:

• Locked thread