Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which non-Power of the Daleks story would you like to see an episode found from?
This poll is closed.
Marco Polo 36 20.69%
The Myth Makers 10 5.75%
The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve 45 25.86%
The Savages 2 1.15%
The Smugglers 2 1.15%
The Highlanders 45 25.86%
The Macra Terror 21 12.07%
Fury from the Deep 13 7.47%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Progress is being made

Holy poo poo, About Time Vol. 3 seems a lot thicker than the other volumes. I don't have a copy of that one yet but I wonder why that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!

The_Doctor posted:

I'd blame Canada Post, generally.

Story of my online shopping life right there.

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!
Hooray! It's Christmas in January!

Thank you very much, The_Doctor! (There's an underscore in there, right? I'm pretty sure there is.)

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!

The_Doctor posted:

Woo, Part 1 arrived!

No no, all three parts of Survival are on the one DVD, see. :rolleyes:

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!
Hooray! It's Christmas in January! ...Again!

Thank you again, The_Doctor! Boy this book is massive. Even though it only covers five years of the show. I mean, Volume 4 also does that and it's not nearly as huge.

Knowing how About Time thoroughly picks at every continuity clash for sheer posterity, it's probably a lot of UNIT Dating pecking. :v:

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!

The_Doctor posted:

Yay! I'm glad it got there so "soon", it had a projected delivery date of some time running to late Feb.

Amazon can be weird like that. I ordered some Amiibos for the Wii U I got for Christmas, and it still says they're going to be there in mid-February.

Despite, you know, the things having been on my shelf for two weeks now.

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!
I kind of like He Jests At Scars, if only because it answers the question of "what if the Valeyard won Season 23" with "The show gets further bogged down with old continuity references and lots of violence and then gets cancelled".

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!
I thought of the Tennant story set in the 50's with the alien living in the TV that steals faces.

It's so average that I cannot even remember the name of the episode.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

The Mutants, now there's a safely average story. Some good stuff, some bad stuff, some padding.

Yeah, as far as Pertwee era goes this is pretty average. The Mind Of Evil might fit this as well.

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!

CobiWann posted:

I believe The Idiot's Lantern?

That's the one.

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!

Stabbatical posted:

I thought that he just got tangled up in some phone chords and decided to roll with it until he found a way out.

Who knew that Davros and the Doctor were so similar?

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!

Gordon Shumway posted:

They should just get that fellow from The Kingmaker, he eerily sounds like Chris Eccleston.

Who, Jon Culshaw? :v:

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!
This is a pretty fun little adventure game and I've gotten a ways in but now I'm at a spot where I know what to do but not how to go about it.

I felt so clever when I remembered that the fancy medical computer dispenses antidotes... but I can't use it unless I get the Tsarina to clear off and I'm not sure how to go about that.

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!

Forktoss posted:

Fabergé's assistant downstairs should have a little hint about that, providing everything works as it should - for whatever reason, I had to redo that part so many times some wires might have got crossed there. You're a good way in, though! Let me know if you still can't get it to work properly, there might be something for me to fix there.

EDIT: Oh dammit, I don't think you can get that hint from him anymore at that point in the game. I'll have to fix that later, actually. Anyway, check your inventory! You should have an item that might work as an ice-breaker, though it's maybe a bit oblique, I admit.

Ahh, that was what the old plans were for. Thanks =)

EDIT: THE MASTER! IT CAN'T BE! {80'S SYNTH CLIFFHANGER STING}

EVEN FURTHER EDIT: I beat it. That was a very fun little adventure game, and I only got really stuck on that one thing. Good work!

FreezingInferno fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jul 7, 2016

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!
I'm pretty sure by now I own the half of McCoy DVDs that you can get R1 copies of without selling your firstborn.

God, I want Curse Of Fenric but I'd have to import it and these mismatched pictures are making me all like :stonk:

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!

pinacotheca posted:

E: no, apparently I imagined that as I can't find any evidence on the internet

Please suggest a random classic Who to (re)watch instead, apart from Arc of Infinity or Revelation of the Daleks.

Creature From The Pit.

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!

Jerusalem posted:

This one really suffers from being able to watch it all in one go. I'm sure the constant taking and retaking of the prison probably was masked a bit better by having to wait a week between episodes.

I've been watching the Pertwee era once a week as a little "original pacing" experiment since January and last week I just finished up The Mind Of Evil. I still dig it. Not one of my favorite Pertwees but it isn't total garbage either. I remember picking up the DVD blind three years ago and being impressed with the premise. A machine that kills people by making them live out their worst fears? Rad!

Watching it this time and sitting on the cliffhangers for a week is when I realized that half of them are basically the same; the machine attacking Pertwee with fear and going BWEEOO BWEOOO while Pertwee makes funny faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!

"EXPLAIN UNIT DATING" makes me laugh every time I read it.

• Locked thread