Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I'm loving Splendor, I've won all of three times! Plus it plays a hell of a lot faster than the actual board game, and you don't have to sit there doing math in your head all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
So I did a fun thing last night! I went to a special playtest of physical board game+app, Fabulous Beasts. I figure there's enough crossover that it's relevant here. It's about to be launched on Kickstarter in a few days, and the version I played was still a little rough around the edges (all 3D printed pieces still) but hopefully it's all worked out soon.

So the white base is your play area, and you scan the animals/elements/miracles on the rfid bit of the base, which registers them on the app, and adds them to the in-game world, and then you stack them on the white circle.

The white Xs and arrows crossbreed the creatures or move them from their element to another (land/sea/sky) and it all adds up, points-wise, along with things you do on the app while trying to stack things and not have the whole thing topple over. It's a great cooperative game, although I can't see it being cheap when the Kickstarter, uh, starts.

Site: http://playfabulousbeasts.com

• Locked thread